U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2011, 11:42 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,863,883 times

Advertisements

I am the 53% and I'm tired of paying for the rest of you entitlement babies. Get up off your lazy, entitled butts, and get a job like the rest of us.

I don't care if I have to pick coke cans up off the side of the road to get by. I am NOT entitled to the money other people have made, many of whom worked their way up from nothing--like Steve Jobs--to get to where they are. They started with an idea, a passion, and true grit. They deserve their success. They DO not deserve to have you people haranguing them into a corner, demanding that they support you and yours because you are feel you're entitled to the fruits of their labor, simply because you exist on planet Earth.

Thank God for these entrepreneurs. It is because of one of them that I have a job to go to every day--something I am not, by the way, entitled to have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2011, 11:45 AM

66,447 posts, read 30,309,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
You do know that probably about 90% of those protesters are also the 53% don't you?
I sincerely doubt that. Where's your proof?

Old 10-15-2011, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
They DO not deserve to have you people haranguing them into a corner, demanding that they support you and yours because you are feel you're entitled to the fruits of their labor, simply because you exist on planet Earth.
That's the problem, in a nutshell. They feel that they're entitled to what others have earned, merely because they exist.

Old 10-15-2011, 11:47 AM

679 posts, read 569,885 times
I am neither the 53% nor the 99%.

I am whoever in this country would like to see you two sides of arrogant cry babies to stop whining about their political point of views.

To the 99%, shut up you have no idea how the global economy works. Also major in something useful.

To the 53%, shut up, the corporations today are flawed and need reform and regulation, the income divide in this country as great. Hard work can only get you so far seeing how getting a job is based on who you know. If you are fine with spending the rest of your mediocre life bending over and kissing ass for the sake of your "freedom" so be it but try not to drag the rest of us in it.

Old 10-15-2011, 11:49 AM

6,074 posts, read 5,333,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stateisota View Post
Sorry Microsoft, koch and bros and McDonalds will control your destiny.
That's hilarious.

I can never repay Microsoft enough for the incredible productivity they brought to my business if I live to be 100. When I need gasoline to go somewhere, I don't have to have billions invested in oil wells, refineries, pipelines, and gas stations--Koch and other companies provide those things for my use, and all I have to do is pay the price per gallon. And McDonalds controls my destiny? So far, the major impact McDonalds is having on my life is that when traveling, they provide a decent chicken salad at lunchtime for a few bucks--and a fine large cup of coffee for a buck, anytime.

If I really thought Microsoft and McDonalds and oil companies were getting the best of me, I'd buy more of their stock so as to get in on the action. So far, nobody has held a gun to my head and force me to give them money--every transaction so far was initiated by me on a purely voluntary basis. I valued their products more than the cost, so I won every time. And I believe every single one of their employees values the paychecks more than they value their time, so each one of them is a winner, too.

Better have your doctor check your meds.

Old 10-15-2011, 11:51 AM

6,074 posts, read 5,333,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stateisota View Post
..... If you are fine with spending the rest of your mediocre life.....
Stateisota, you are projecting again.

Old 10-15-2011, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
That's hilarious.

I can never repay Microsoft enough for the incredible productivity they brought to my business if I live to be 100. When I need gasoline to go somewhere, I don't have to have billions invested in oil wells, refineries, pipelines, and gas stations--Koch and other companies provide those things for my use, and all I have to do is pay the price per gallon. And McDonalds controls my destiny? So far, the major impact McDonalds is having on my life is that when traveling, they provide a decent chicken salad at lunchtime for a few bucks--and a fine large cup of coffee for a buck, anytime.

If I really thought Microsoft and McDonalds and oil companies were getting the best of me, I'd buy more of their stock so as to get in on the action. So far, nobody has held a gun to my head and force me to give them money--every transaction so far was initiated by me on a purely voluntary basis. I valued their products more than the cost, so I won every time. And I believe every single one of their employees values the paychecks more than they value their time, so each one of them is a winner, too.

Better have your doctor check your meds.
Nah... they just want to go back to the good ol' hunter-gatherer days, circa 8,000 years ago.

Old 10-15-2011, 11:55 AM

4,912 posts, read 2,882,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I sincerely doubt that. Where's your proof?
Care to show me a source that has unemployment anywhere near 47%?

Old 10-15-2011, 11:57 AM

17,825 posts, read 20,222,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I am the 53% and I'm tired of paying for the rest of you entitlement babies. Get up off your lazy, entitled butts, and get a job like the rest of us.

I don't care if I have to pick coke cans up off the side of the road to get by. I am NOT entitled to the money other people have made, many of whom worked their way up from nothing--like Steve Jobs--to get to where they are. They started with an idea, a passion, and true grit. They deserve their success. They DO not deserve to have you people haranguing them into a corner, demanding that they support you and yours because you are feel you're entitled to the fruits of their labor, simply because you exist on planet Earth.

Thank God for these entrepreneurs. It is because of one of them that I have a job to go to every day--something I am not, by the way, entitled to have.
I am in complete agreement. There are two economic truisms that are beyond the comprehension of those with the entitlement mentality:
  1. One cannot multiply wealth by dividing it; and
  2. What one receives without work, another must work without receiving.
This is something the Wall-Street protesters can never understand.

Old 10-15-2011, 11:58 AM

4,912 posts, read 2,882,334 times
If you write a check to the IRS every April, or if you get a refund for an amount less than what was taken out of you check, then you pay income taxes. I have very serious doubts that it's 53% anyway. Probably more like 80% of the population that pays income taxes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies