Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2011, 09:21 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip T View Post
Where?
Ask the 90 percent that are employed.

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

33,016 posts, read 27,451,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
If you are an adult and only earning minimum wage then you probably don't even deserve that because you have other "issues" that prevent your labor being of more value you an employer.

I'm unskilled and can't afford training to get skills.

88,989 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Well, if you can't see that a person earning $20,000 a year can't afford an additional $2,000 in taxes
Why not? Share dwellings, etc. Live within one's means. It can be done. You're just making excuses for shirking a responsibility we ALL should share.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:23 AM

5,760 posts, read 11,544,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
I graduated in 08 from college... After the financial crisis had started... My schooling cost over $100,000 total. So yeah, I'd say I am closer to what these kids experienced. Most of them are just lazy though and that's the cold hard truth.

You say "school prices doubled or tripled"... since 2008?!?! So it costs 300,000 to go to school now? Give me a break.

I fit in nicely with these young OWS protesters-- because I am young like them. I lived through what they lived through. I know it is possible for them to get ahead, but half of them are just spoiled brats who have never had to work a day in their lives. That's the truth.
Younger than I guessed. My bad. Good work in harder times on your part.

But you follow that if you had graduated in 2009 you would have hit an entirely differing outcome?

And $100K on college. And you are just talking a BS, right? Because now the Corp is covering the MBA?

I did all the way into a PhD program "back in my day ) and probably under $20K. Just mentioning that for perspective so you can follow what has happened.

You do not recall a Pre-Corp, Pre-NAFTA, Pre-Sellout USA, do you?

Old 10-12-2011, 09:24 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Well, how on earth did the 90% who DO HAVE THEM, get them? Osmosis?

They turned off the television, put away the video game, got off their butts and got them, that's how.

They're out there for any ambitious, intelligent, hard-working young person. But the ones who are COMPLAINING don't fall into that category.

20yrsinBranson
Your presumption is that there is now a job for everyone that wants one. It ignores an economy where companies and state governments have laid off 14 million workers. There a decidedly fewer jobs for the number that seeks them.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Another atheist trying to "teach" the Bible. I guess you actually need to read and study the Bible to know what you are talking about.

Actually I think I am fairly familiar with it.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:26 AM

5,760 posts, read 11,544,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Ask the 90 percent that are employed.

20yrsinBranson
That is inane.

Real deal, the bottom has been sold out for a quick buck to keep the Corporations and some of the rest of US afloat.

Do you really not know this, or just playing dumb?

Old 10-12-2011, 09:28 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip T View Post
That is inane.

Real deal, the bottom has been sold out for a quick buck to keep the Corporations and some of the rest of US afloat.

Do you really not know this, or just playing dumb?
I have a business. I have respect for business people who keep the economy going.

I have no respect for worthless, useless people who sit on their butts collecting welfare, or complain because they have to pay back their just debts.

Either you contribute to society or you leech off of it.

I know which one I am.

20yrsinBranson

Old 10-12-2011, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
Read that blog. Some people are working 2 jobs to get by. You gotta do, what you gotta do.

I know "doing" is hard for people, so I understand.

Basically here is the ultimate BS:
The wealthy get to pay little tax because, well, they pay politicians to make loopholes for them.
The middle class picks up the slack.
The poor are just victims they can't possibly pay any tax.
So the middle class picks up the slack.

Enough is enough. Increase how much the wealthy pay, and make the low income pay and give the people who work for a living a break!!

If you are only making minimum wage and struggling because taxes came out of your already low pay, this should be an incentive on working hard to get promoted within the company, or find what you are good at and make better money.

My partner and I don't make much more than min wage each, and yet..we pay federal taxes, our rent, a car payment, our bills, and food and STILL save money (and we live in tax and fee happy NJ).

WTH??????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????

There is no real promotion path where I work. Small group of convenience stores with lifer managers in place...probably 20 years before the managers retire.

But I am working on something that should soon make money, although perhaps never enough money to get rich.

And I don't have a car, which makes a second job difficult (transportation issues).

Old 10-12-2011, 09:33 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
The 1% pay 40% of all income taxes.
47% pay no income taxes and whine about it.
Federal income taxes. They still pay ALL other taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies