U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-12-2011, 10:24 AM
 
Location: Tampa Florida
22,243 posts, read 15,265,325 times
Reputation: 4583

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Uh huh. Sure you have.
He may have but, obviously not very well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-12-2011, 10:30 AM
 
16,268 posts, read 9,076,702 times
Reputation: 6540
and here the left goes again arguing a point that has never been made by the right.

come one guys at least TRY to be honest?


We all know that most pay payroll taxes (Medicare SSN etc) we also know that those funds are returned to the tax payers directly thus the reason they are separate from income tax.

income tax is supposed to be the source of revenue for the federal government to operate. 47% pay no income tax. THIS IS TRUE and everyone knows it.

But liberals don’t like this truth so they twist this up and suggest that the right says the 47% are not paying ANY TAXES.

It is a lie. This thread is a big fat FAIL.

Why cant you liberals argue the merits of your views instead of lying to change the nature of the discussion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2011, 10:31 AM
 
66,239 posts, read 30,153,135 times
Reputation: 8606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Why cant you liberals argue the merits of your views instead of lying to change the nature of the discussion?
They already know that's a losing proposition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2011, 10:38 AM
 
Location: 15 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
25,207 posts, read 13,973,317 times
Reputation: 6462
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
HowTF much federal income tax do you want a minimum wage worker to pay?
the same rate as everyone else

why discriminate..have everyone pay the same rate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2011, 10:45 AM
 
Location: 15 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
25,207 posts, read 13,973,317 times
Reputation: 6462
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
HowTF much federal income tax do you want a minimum wage worker to pay? He certainly cannot adequately provide for himself and for his retirement,
this coming from this guy

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
I'm on track to get $900 a month from Social Security. Take that away and I'm in deep doo doo. Poor grandpa, that will be me in a few years.b

What's that you say, I should have saved for retirement? How much do you realistically expect people to save on a $15K income?
for which I answered:

Quote:
so let's see if I get this straight

you settle for a 15k a year job

save NOTHING

and then plan on getting a 2/3 pension when you retire (900/month is over 10k a year )


btw your contributions to ss 6%...6% of 15k is 900 A YEAR

so you think it good that you contribut 900 a year (and your employeer matches it) for you to get 900/month????? how liberal of you

min wage is for UNSKILLED TEENAGERS

even as a teenager(3.5 decades ago), I never worked min wage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2011, 10:49 AM
 
3,493 posts, read 2,467,077 times
Reputation: 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
and here the left goes again arguing a point that has never been made by the right.

come one guys at least TRY to be honest?


We all know that most pay payroll taxes (Medicare SSN etc) we also know that those funds are returned to the tax payers directly thus the reason they are separate from income tax.

income tax is supposed to be the source of revenue for the federal government to operate. 47% pay no income tax. THIS IS TRUE and everyone knows it.

But liberals don’t like this truth so they twist this up and suggest that the right says the 47% are not paying ANY TAXES.

It is a lie. This thread is a big fat FAIL.

Why cant you liberals argue the merits of your views instead of lying to change the nature of the discussion?
THEY DON'T PAY ANY TAXES BECAUSE THEY DON'T MAKE ANY MONEY.



We're not supposed to have a society in which a guy who runs the economy off a cliff still gets paid millions. Yet we do. Worse, we have an economy in which said cliff runner not only gets paid millions but whines the guy who wasn't even in the car isn't paying his fair share to fix it.

Conservatives don't like that truth. They don't want to admit that the average guy who earns millions does so because he's an amoral pile of dirt. Instead we're supposed to salute him at every turn and then have a huge protest because his underpaid minions who make his millions possible allegedly aren't contributing enough.

The right is evil on this issue. They defend the world's greediest people and attack people who have almost nothing. I swear toddlers have better morals than they do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2011, 10:55 AM
 
Location: 15 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
25,207 posts, read 13,973,317 times
Reputation: 6462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
THEY DON'T PAY ANY TAXES BECAUSE THEY DON'T MAKE ANY MONEY.



We're not supposed to have a society in which a guy who runs the economy off a cliff still gets paid millions. Yet we do. Worse, we have an economy in which said cliff runner not only gets paid millions but whines the guy who wasn't even in the car isn't paying his fair share to fix it.

Conservatives don't like that truth. They don't want to admit that the average guy who earns millions does so because he's an amoral pile of dirt. Instead we're supposed to salute him at every turn and then have a huge protest because his underpaid minions who make his millions possible allegedly aren't contributing enough.

The right is evil on this issue. They defend the world's greediest people and attack people who have almost nothing. I swear toddlers have better morals than they do.
oh please ...people get paid because they have a job...win or lose..its still their job..and what they were contracted for

it is stupid to be taxing income (especially since a good portion of income is never reported) tax spending instead
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2011, 11:44 AM
 
Location: Maryland
18,614 posts, read 16,380,336 times
Reputation: 6343
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
What percentage of Americans pays no federal taxes?



Note from the CBO:


Source
Source
Source (http://1.usa.gov/q7to6X - broken link)

Interesting. 10%
That's a big difference.
Only folks who don't know how to read think the 47% refers to ALL federal taxes. Those of us with sense know the 47% figure refers only to income tax. Nothing Earth shattering here.

Also I've done free tax preparation for the poor for two years. Very illuminating experience, you had folks trying to sell the social security numbers of their children at the office. Folks getting back 8k in EITC for about a month of work. Still my best client was an elderly Black women who made more than these young women coming in there. She still drove her bus was able to pay for her house and unprompted she launched into an invective of how lazy "her people" have become.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2011, 11:48 AM
 
Location: Hoboken
19,891 posts, read 16,272,470 times
Reputation: 3123
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
What percentage of Americans pays no federal taxes?



Note from the CBO:


Source
Source
Source (http://1.usa.gov/q7to6X - broken link)

Interesting. 10%
That's a big difference.
Yikes, if I understand this correctly 10% of Americans pay no tax of any kind (except sales tax). That is unbelievable. So 47% of Americans pay no income tax and 10% pay no taxes of any kind. And these free loaders are whining about the 1%?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2011, 12:04 PM
 
Location: San Diego California
6,797 posts, read 6,303,062 times
Reputation: 5175
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It's a federal government social insurance program. Both contributions AND payment benefits are capped.

Medicare contributions and benefits are NOT capped.

What about that do you not understand?
The money has been stolen and diverted to the general fund, what about that do you not understand.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top