Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 11:30 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
But if Obama started a war, you would be the first to criticize. You have criticized Obama many times over the 'three wars' we are now in.

Don't go to war = Obama's a wimp
Go to war = Obama's a warmonger

So, if you were president now, how would you handle the situation?
I've not heard anybody wanting us to go to war with Iran over this. You folks seem to want to defend any and all Obama's actions he hasn't even taken. Why is that? Stop playing nursemaid to terrorists is all I ask.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2011, 11:31 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Navy seal team can't report anything as it's classified info.
They report to their official commanders. Those comanders report to their top commanders. Those commanders release a brief of what happene,d and a SUMMARY is issued by the Navy to the public/DOJ.

How did you think we learned about OBL's death?

Quote:
Top military officials are politicians and say what they're told to say.
Nice that you think so lowly of our Military.

Quote:
Saying they tossed his body into the ocean is enough to show they didn't have the right guy.
Only a conspiracy theorist would say this.

Quote:
Few photo ops and then silence on the whole matter. Yeah I believe this story as much as I believe in the easter bunny.
Many of the photos were not released to the public, since they arE CLASSIFIED.

Wait 10 years and file a FOIA request for the photos.

Old 10-12-2011, 11:33 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,334 times
Quote:
I've not heard anybody wanting us to go to war with Iran over this.
Look about 10 threads below this. There is a thread that says pretty much says "we should go to war because of the Iran plot".

Quote:
You folks seem to want to defend any and all Obama's actions he hasn't even taken. Why is that? Stop playing nursemaid to terrorists is all I ask.
Nursemaid to terrorists?

NEWS FOR YOU:

Undercover agent uncovered a plot by an Iran citizen to ASSASSINATE ambassadors on US Soil. How is that playing nursemaid to terrorists?

do you even understand how undercover investigations work?

Old 10-12-2011, 11:35 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,645,078 times
Quote:
I would demand they find those accountable be arrested and if not full blockade and turn Israel loose on Hamas. Let em walk for a while and see how they like it.
So, you think the administration is NOT looking for these people? I thought we already had one (?) in custody? Or at least know who they are.

Sure, we should let Israel slaughter the Palistinians..that's just wonderful of you to have that opinion. Let's act just like all the other third-world countries, why not!

Old 10-12-2011, 11:48 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
OBL is dead? How do you know? Oh that's right the liar in chief says so.

He droned down a terrorist? Yippee. What does all this have to do with Iran by the way? Or are you just trying to change the subject which seems to be a favorite pastime of the left when they are presented with the reality?
The Military says so, and guess what I believe them, I guess it is because I have closer ties to the military than you do and it gives me a better understanding of their actions and what they will or will not say publically. Even the terrorists and Pakistan admit it, but go ahead and make up another false accusation, it is typical of some here, J.
He is killing them, something Bush failed to do far too often. I am not changing the subject, it is not my fault you do not like others pointing out the Hypocracy involved in the right-wing constant whining. You want wars and then you do not, I guess for you it depends if a rightie or leftie is office, in other words whichever the wind is blowing at the moment. Reality, you wouldn't know reality even if you finally woke up and saw it.

Old 10-12-2011, 11:51 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Easy enough.

Top military officials (not just Obama)
The navy seal team who reported in taking down OBL
The wife of OBL saying he was killed.

Even Al Quaeda acknowledged the death of their famous leader.

Can't get any more confirmation than that.

Only conspiracy theorists mongers rely on "what ifs" and unfounded beliefs based on no evidence.

BTW, only a person with ignorance thinks that stopping a terror assassination plot, and finding out that it had to do with Iran, is a bad thing.
Well said,
Too bad some will NEVER believe FACTS if they disagree with their written in stone OPINION

Old 10-12-2011, 12:01 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
There is no logical connection between these two things.

The Iranians would have tried to pull this regardless of our stance or anything we may or may not have said.

Moreover, it's not in our best interests to be antagonistic to Iran per se. There are lots of ways to put pressure on Ahmadinnerjacket, undermining his argument that we are the enemy is one.

Exposing his plots is another.

I don't see any "coddling" here. We've taken the moral high ground, and they've lost it.

Let's hold onto it.
Boy is losing that moral high ground going to cause them some trouble. I bet they will spend at least 5 seconds crying about that.

Old 10-12-2011, 12:05 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I'm so scared of Terrorists I need to attack everyone all the time. Everybody has to be afraid of me. That is bullying. That is not policy. That is insanity.

IMHO - Terrorism is a criminal act and should be treated as one. I do not know of any country in the world where premeditated murder is legal. Even if it is used by tyrants it is still not legal. This includes breaking into a guy's house, shooting him and dropping the body into the ocean. That is murder, not war.
Now, Greg, I am sure that you have heard of the way Muslims kill their women to protect the family name. That is considered legal and proper where Shariah is in effect.

Hey your government has just issued some additional sanctions on the Iranis and these are against their airlines. Golly gee I bet that will shut down their attempts to make this country look as sissy as this attempt at attacks on others within our borders.

Old 10-12-2011, 12:07 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,128,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Boy is losing that moral high ground going to cause them some trouble. I bet they will spend at least 5 seconds crying about that.
It's not their opinion we are worried about, now is it?

Old 10-12-2011, 12:07 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,547,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Now, Greg, I am sure that you have heard of the way Muslims kill their women to protect the family name. That is considered legal and proper where Shariah is in effect.

Hey your government has just issued some additional sanctions on the Iranis and these are against their airlines. Golly gee I bet that will shut down their attempts to make this country look as sissy as this attempt at attacks on others within our borders.
So you believe we should go to war with Iran?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies