Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 01:20 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,623,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I read a lot more left whine about al Alawky than from the right. I guess you just didn't pay a lot of attention to all of the lefties who whined about his rights as a former citizen.
Only one I heard complain was Ron Paul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2011, 01:20 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,436,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
A couple of these and the Iranian issue is solved:

That would be ironic...

Old 10-12-2011, 01:23 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,436,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Yes. Let's kill innocent people. Great idea.
Maybe we could notify the innocents first and let them immigrate here...

[that would thrill a lot of people for sure]

Old 10-12-2011, 01:24 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,881,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Maybe we could notify the innocents first and let them immigrate here...

[that would thrill a lot of people for sure]

Based on the pictures I've seen of Iranian women....

OK

Old 10-12-2011, 01:25 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,423,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
We get Iran and the repub guard plotting to blow up some ambassadors on our soil. To respond Obama reaches for his sanction pen. Jibbyjabber is just laughing at this fool. Then we have everybody on the left shocked, shocked I tell you that Iran would do this. They've only been arming the insurgency since we jumped the line in Iraq. The blind following the blind is all we have with democrats in charge of foreign policy.

Oh and for those of you who don't know Repub Guard is running around Venezuela and Central America too. They're just being nice though I'm sure.
Yes, because if it's one thing that will stick on Obama, it's being "soft on terror" - despite killing way more of their leaders than under Bush's administration and disrupting every major plot so far under his admin. The issues with Iran trying to take advantage of the situation in Iraq are not new under Obama's administration, either. The only thing you should be criticizing him for is hypocrisy since he took over all of Bush's policies despite initially criticizing them. But as far as this "soft on terror" claptrap goes, you've got nothing.

Old 10-12-2011, 01:26 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,623,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
What do you propose we do?

[I have asked others this question and received no answer]
I've asked that question about three times.

The only response I got was that Israel should kill the Palestinians.

Old 10-12-2011, 01:29 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,927,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
They haven't given you one shred of evidence the USA thwarted a "plot" by Iran.
I don't believe I said that they thrwarted a "plot by Iran". I am as cynical on the subject as you are. I am very wary of it being used as pretext for more war.

Old 10-12-2011, 03:10 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,967,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
A useful thing to have when you are fighting what is at this time primarily a propaganda war.

You can't possibly be that thick.

There are elements in Iran that need coddling. Sooner or later the Islamists will be out of power, and we don't want to burn any bridges we don't have to burn.
When OUR media is rooting for the bad guys hard to win that propoganda war.

Old 10-12-2011, 03:13 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,586,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Now we also have the admin calling up terrorists families and apologizing for killing them.

An official from the U.S. State Department has called the Charlotte family of al-Qaida propagandist Samir Khan to offer the government's condolences on his death in a U.S. drone attack last week in Yemen, according to a family spokesman.

Read more: U.S. State Dept. contacts Khan family | CharlotteObserver.com & The Charlotte Observer Newspaper (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/10/07/2673163/us-state-dept-contacts-khan-family.html#ixzz1aZYxvdLx - broken link)
They're apologizing to Khan's parents for having to waste him. Strange, but maybe they think or believe the parents had nothing to do with the kid's being a traitor.

Old 10-12-2011, 03:14 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,967,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
The Military says so, and guess what I believe them, I guess it is because I have closer ties to the military than you do and it gives me a better understanding of their actions and what they will or will not say publically. Even the terrorists and Pakistan admit it, but go ahead and make up another false accusation, it is typical of some here, J.
He is killing them, something Bush failed to do far too often. I am not changing the subject, it is not my fault you do not like others pointing out the Hypocracy involved in the right-wing constant whining. You want wars and then you do not, I guess for you it depends if a rightie or leftie is office, in other words whichever the wind is blowing at the moment. Reality, you wouldn't know reality even if you finally woke up and saw it.
I always forget when Bush was president all the military did was kill innocent civilians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies