Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 09:50 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I'm so scared of Terrorists I need to attack everyone all the time. Everybody has to be afraid of me. That is bullying. That is not policy. That is insanity.

IMHO - Terrorism is a criminal act and should be treated as one. I do not know of any country in the world where premeditated murder is legal. Even if it is used by tyrants it is still not legal. This includes breaking into a guy's house, shooting him and dropping the body into the ocean. That is murder, not war.
Obviously you don't have a clue about the enemy. They aren't traffic violators as much as you want them to be.

"Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories. "
Sun Tzu
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2011, 10:31 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,192,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
We get Iran and the repub guard plotting to blow up some ambassadors on our soil. To respond Obama reaches for his sanction pen. Jibbyjabber is just laughing at this fool. Then we have everybody on the left shocked, shocked I tell you that Iran would do this. They've only been arming the insurgency since we jumped the line in Iraq. The blind following the blind is all we have with democrats in charge of foreign policy.

Oh and for those of you who don't know Repub Guard is running around Venezuela and Central America too. They're just being nice though I'm sure.
The last time I checked, Republicans were in control when we went into Iraq. It seems sort of stupid that people would be forgetting that. We might have jumped the line, but shouldn't you be blaming your precious partisan buddies? Should the Republican party ever come to a sudden stop, your head would go clean up their backside.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:35 AM

927 posts, read 1,459,034 times
Quote:
We get Iran and the repub guard plotting to blow up some ambassadors on our soil. To respond Obama reaches for his sanction pen. Jibbyjabber is just laughing at this fool. Then we have everybody on the left shocked, shocked I tell you that Iran would do this. They've only been arming the insurgency since we jumped the line in Iraq. The blind following the blind is all we have with democrats in charge of foreign policy.

Oh and for those of you who don't know Repub Guard is running around Venezuela and Central America too. They're just being nice though I'm sure.
Brother! Preach it on the mountain high!

Venezuela is a good one! Chavez has Uranium Mines in the northern part of his country ... you know - the stuff that makes those Nukes real bad.

but don't worry - you are helping support it with every gallon of CITGO gas you buy!

CITGO is part of the Chavez Industrial System just like the Uranium Mines

Quote:
Statistics:
Wholly Owned Subsidiary of PetrĂ³leos de Venezuela, S.A. through PDV America, Inc.
Incorporated:1910 as Cities Service Company
Employees: 4,500
Sales: $10.91 billion (1998)
NAIC: 32411 Petroleum Refineries; 48611 Pipeline Transportation of Crude Oil; 48691 Pipeline Transportation of Refined Petroleum Products; 42272 Petroleum and Petroleum Products Wholesalers (Except Bulk Stations and Terminals) (CITGO Petroleum Corporation -- Company History)

Old 10-12-2011, 10:37 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,845,775 times
So we see what happens when playing nice with terrorists

You seem to forget that NOT playing nice brought probably the Worse attack on American soil EVER!
To ANYONE who thinks that the strategies of the past WORK...... GO VISIT ground Zero and read the names of the innocent victims killed because of failed past Govt. involvements.
Good for President Obama who is actually thinking about EVERY possible option and NOT just how to "shoot em up" in the middle East.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:39 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,897,466 times
Quote:

How I wish Iran could evolve into a thriving parliamentary democracy with a popular and validly elected prime minister. Oh wait they had one and the USA overthrew it.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:40 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Oh, you just want Obama to start a war with Iran so you can criticize him yet again for starting another war.

I for one am NOT shocked about Iran's behavior. I don't know how you can make a blanket statement like that. It is inherently untrue.
Obama has been courting Iran the minute he stepped into office - you remember don't you? Unclenching the closed fist?

He sat silent as Iran murdered protesters in the streets, as Iran provided weapons and support to the Taliban and terrorists in Iraq, as they directly and indirectly have fought our soldiers and killed them......and still, he sits on his hands, sues for a "dialog" and hopes they will back off. Instead, Iran is hip deep in the radical in Egypt and Libya.

Usually, when a bully smells weakness and doubt, the bully gets even more aggressive - this is what we've seen with Iran and obama's joke of a foreign policy.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:41 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:

Maybe you should ask OBL how nice the President has been, oh wait you can't, the President off'ed his arse. OK, ask OBLs righthand men, oh wait, same problem. Maybe you could ask the US Citizen turned Terrorist about how nice the President is, oh wait he is also dead, something many righties whined about. One second the right whines we are in too many wars and the next they whine we are not in enough, jeeez I really wish you people would make up your minds

Old 10-12-2011, 10:43 AM

6,512 posts, read 7,548,631 times
Quote:
It doesn't matter what the people think if their government practices terrorist activities now does it?
Our government practices terrorist activities, too.

Old 10-12-2011, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
The last time I checked, Republicans were in control when we went into Iraq. It seems sort of stupid that people would be forgetting that. We might have jumped the line, but shouldn't you be blaming your precious partisan buddies? Should the Republican party ever come to a sudden stop, your head would go clean up their backside.
Ah yes it's our fault Iran is plotting to attack in the US and that they are arming insurgents. I forgot the battle cry of the left.

Old 10-12-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
So we see what happens when playing nice with terrorists

You seem to forget that NOT playing nice brought probably the Worse attack on American soil EVER!
To ANYONE who thinks that the strategies of the past WORK...... GO VISIT ground Zero and read the names of the innocent victims killed because of failed past Govt. involvements.
Good for President Obama who is actually thinking about EVERY possible option and NOT just how to "shoot em up" in the middle East.
I guess we should have just let Sadaam take over the Saudi oil fields and started selling oil non US currency right?? You folks are like clockwork.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies