Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 10:48 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,281,921 times

Advertisements

It seems to me that OWS is upset with corporations, and since Obama is in the pockets of corporations (mainly Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, and GE)... I think the main goal of their protests is to get Obama out of office.

I guess they will all be voting Republican (Ron Paul / Cain / Perry / Romney or someone else) in 2012... am I wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2011, 10:49 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,623,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
It seems to me that OWS is upset with corporations, and since Obama is in the pockets of corporations (mainly Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, and GE)... I think the main goal of their protests is to get Obama out of office.

I guess they will all be voting Republican in 2012... am I wrong?
How on earth would voting Republican solve the problem?

Have you watched the Republican debates?

The frontrunning Republican candidates want to give even more free money to corporations and banks. They think that only these groups will create jobs, and they will only do it if you lower their taxes and deregulate their business.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:51 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:

I guess they will all be voting Republican (Ron Paul / Cain / Perry / Romney or someone else) in 2012... am I wrong?
Who in the Republican party? Paul is the only one that I see who has not taken money from the big bankers. They may indeed vote for Paul...nobody else in the Republican party. It is not a one issue protest. There are many issues. The other being income gap and disparity, when you look at all of the issues together, I don't think there is a Republican candidate out there that fits the bill.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:52 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,939,872 times
Yes, you are wrong. The OWS folks, for the most part, are tired of both the Republicans and the Democrats, both of which are primarily full of co-opted mouthpieces for the elite. They definitely won't be voting Republican, since most of the major candidates are more corporate-friendly than Obama, which is saying something, since he is attached to Wall Street at the hip.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:52 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,876 times
You would think that Wall Street bought Obama would be more criticized at OWS, but go figure.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:53 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post

Republicans want to give even more free money to corporations and banks, because Republicans think that these are the only groups capable of "job creation", and they can only do it if you lower their taxes and promise not to regulate their activities in any way.

Ron Paul 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
You would think that Wall Street bought Obama would be more criticized at OWS, but go figure.
The end goal is the destruction of our Constitutional Republic. Marxists and Communists don't sacrifice their own fellow travelers.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:

Republicans want to give even more free money to corporations and banks, because Republicans think that only rich people and corporations can create jobs, and they can only do it if you lower their taxes and promise not to regulate their activities in any way.
So you don't think voting for Ron Paul (R) would make a difference?

Old 10-11-2011, 10:55 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,623,334 times
Quote:
No, I don't, because he won't get elected. The bulk of American voters are stupid; they want someone good looking, who speaks well, who can rule over the tribe.

Paul and Huntsman are good candidates that I might vote for, depending on the circumstances. Everyone else on stage is an idiot.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:
No, I don't, because he won't get elected.
But we do agree that the OWS people hate Obama because he is a corporate lackey right?

And Ron Paul... obviously isn't in the pockets of corporations...

So it would seem the only rational thing for these protesters to do is vote for Ron Paul... Unless they secretly love Obama because he is "hip" and they are protesting because they think it is "cool"... That would mean they have no message at all-- or they are very confused.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:57 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,939,872 times
Quote:
Ron Paul wants to basically privatize everything. His foreign policy is attractive to some, and there are quite a few libertarians showing up at the Occupy movements, but it's hard to see how massive deregulation and rising privatization would really alleviate the problems which spurred the protest.

The faith in the free market is a main point of contention between the Libertarians and the Leftists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies