Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 08:20 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times

Advertisements

Christie endorses Romney

Quote:
"I want to support Gov. Romney because I believe he's the best person to be able to articulate Republican values and defeat Barack Obama in November 2012," Christie said.

After Christie announced he would not run, he and Romney have had a series of conversations over the past week that lead to the announcement, a campaign source told CNN.

During the press conference announcement, Romney was asked for the first time to respond to remarks by Pastor Robert Jeffress, an influential Baptist leader who recently called Mormonism a "cult" and said Mormons were "not Christians." Jeffress made the remarks Friday after endorsing Rick Perry at the Values Voter Summit in Washington.

Since the comments, Romney, a Mormon, has worked to keep his message on jobs and the economy. But on Tuesday he called for Perry to repudiate Pastor Jeffress.

"I just don't believe that that kind of divisiveness based on religion has a place in this country," Romney said.

While Perry has largely avoided questions on the subject, he told reporters in Iowa on Friday he does not consider Mormonism a cult.

Christie went further in faulting the Perry campaign for not renouncing Jeffress more strongly.

"Any campaign that associates itself with that type of comment is beneath the office of President of the United States," he said.
CNN

Can Romney win the nomination without majority support of the party similar to McCain?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2011, 08:26 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Does Gov. Christie's endorsement help Romney?

No, endorsing a RINO like Romney hurts Christie.

Old 10-12-2011, 08:31 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,898,352 times
Nope, but the chances of me voting for Christie went from 25% to 0%.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:26 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,623,334 times
yup, this reflects poorly on Christie.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:43 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Does Gov. Christie's endorsement help Romney?

No, endorsing a RINO like Romney hurts Christie.
How does a RINO endorsing another RINO hurt another RINO?

Old 10-12-2011, 09:45 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Nope, but the chances of me voting for Christie went from 25% to 0%.
Yep, I lost respect for him on this one too. It would seem that if Christie approves of Romney then both of them are nothing but big government east coast RINOs. The fact they are both slightly to the right of a dead Kennedy doesn't impress me much.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:47 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Yep, I lost respect for him on this one too. It would seem that if Christie approves of Romney then both of them are nothing but big government east coast RINOs. The fact they are both slightly to the right of a dead Kennedy doesn't impress me much.
Surprised you had any respect for him in the first place. You can't be a conservative governor of an extremely liberal state. Not gonna happen. That's why Christie and Romney are both big government shills. But, then again, ALL establishment approved Republicans are big government shills that talk the talk, but don't walk the walk

Old 10-12-2011, 09:57 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,873,444 times
Will someone who thinks that Rick Perry as POTUS will be good for the country please explain why?
To me, he is a dumber Dubya.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:57 AM

927 posts, read 1,459,173 times
wow
no one saw a significant point with this endorsement?
You know the old saying "BIRD OF FEATHER FLOCK TOGETHER"?

do you know that New Jersey is as liberal as Massachusetts?

.... consider this:
the SAME VOTER BASE who kept reelecting the Liberal Lion Ted Kennedy is who voted for and elected Romney.
Quote:
Monmouth Congressman: “Most Liberal”
By Greg Kelly February 26, 2010
(And New Jersey Politicians Are the “Most Centrist”)

A new ranking of 2009 Congressional votes from the National Journal finds that Representative Rush Holt is the “Most Liberal” member of the US House of Representatives. Mr. Holt, who lives in Hopewell Twp., is one of three NJ congressmen to represent our county in Washington, DC. (SOURCE (http://www.monmouthcountylife.com/a-monmouth-life/weve-got-the-most-liberal-memeber-of-congress/ - broken link))
The New Jersey boy's are more liberal than the little Bush's fiscal policies

There are sheep in wolves clothing (unlike Obama who is a wolf in sheep's clothing)

Last edited by Digital_Duck; 10-12-2011 at 10:13 AM.. Reason: fix The are sheep to say There are sheep

Old 10-12-2011, 10:10 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
Will someone who thinks that Rick Perry as POTUS will be good for the country please explain why?
To me, he is a dumber Dubya.
At least Bush 43 was not a card-carrying staunch Democrat for the majority of his life, although he could have been. The way the GOP controlled Congress was spending under Bush was reminiscent of the Democrat spending under LBJ.

Romney and Perry are not conservative, by any means. Just as Bush was never a conservative. All three are/were big-government Democrats pretending to be small-government Republicans. No one who wants to see the size and spending of the federal government reduced could vote for either candidate and not be a hypocrite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies