U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 04:55 PM

16,884 posts, read 13,029,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Here is the epitome, the poster boy, of the OWS mentality.

He hasn't a CLUE what he is talking about, hasn't a CLUE how to articulate his position(s), hasn't a CLUE of the actual tax rates/statistics for corporations/individuals.

What an idiot.

You just have to watch and suffer through til the end.

Occupy Wall Street Protester Wants College Paid For Because That's What He Wants - YouTube

get a job and pay his own way. if not, move to another country so their goverment can pay for their education.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2011, 05:03 PM

357 posts, read 653,519 times
actually there are a couple of states that provide free tution for staying in-state. GA and FL come to mind. Tuition is paid for through the state lottery.... and who would have thunk.. 2 southern states

Old 10-12-2011, 06:03 PM

45,781 posts, read 34,016,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
(A couple of days ago I read that Germany's short tuition (which was ridiculously low compared to the US anyway, more of a symbolic nature) experiment is about to end after just a few years, colleges and universities will be free again, paid by all Germans and companies via taxes. I suppose that is what that guy in the video might have in mind.)
No such thing as free education.

Germany VAT is approaching 20%. Income tax caps at 45%. Property taxes are out of this world. Germany has one of the lowest home ownership rates of any industrialized nation. Multi-generaltional households are common.

Old 10-12-2011, 06:44 PM

23,851 posts, read 19,844,563 times
I'll save my "breath"....everyone knows what I think of Liberals.

Old 10-12-2011, 06:54 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,088,131 times
Pathetic does not even begin to describe this incredible idiot.

Old 10-12-2011, 08:04 PM

41,314 posts, read 39,580,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Are YOU going to pay for all that free education? Of course not! Liberals want everything "free" but they are willing to pay a dime themselves for their extensive "needs". They always want someone else to pay for the things they want. What a great world that would be if everyone else paid for everything we ever wanted. I personally had to work for everything I have and nobody gave me a cent.

In contrast to most liberals, I actually DO PROVIDE two high school and one college scholarship for students. For those students, thier education is "free", but they know better.
Some kids just don't belong in college.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
Could someone go to work for me? Please?
Pretty much what their "message" comes down to.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:23 PM

20,670 posts, read 8,811,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
There are plenty of jobs you don't need a college degree to qualify for.
If you think you need a college degree find a way to pay for it.
Ok tell me where the jobs are without a college education. You know what, I feel bad for the doctors who have an enormous loan to get the education to take care of us. Who do you think ultimately pays for it.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:29 PM
N8!

2,409 posts, read 4,591,481 times
I demand free beer

Old 10-12-2011, 10:33 PM

14,307 posts, read 15,127,911 times
If the nitwit in the OP video represents the future, we're all doomed.

I suspect this snowflake was constantly told "how special" and what a "winner" he is.

Got a roomful of trophies for just showing up.

Pusscake.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:39 PM

7,176 posts, read 6,465,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8! View Post
I demand free beer
now your talking. as a carpenter I haven't been all that busy for the last 3 yrs and things are tight again this winter yet beer prices actually went up! where is the gov? and when they get around to paying college tuition maybe they can pay me for the 30 grand worth of equipment gathering dust in my shop like the dust gathering on these protesters brains. what makes them so special when times are tough whinny babies
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies