Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 05:20 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,305,461 times

Advertisements

This is a brief video that answers the questions that President Bush lied why America went to war with Iraq. It's an old video, but it answers all the questions. Hopefully, after reviewing the video, you will understand.

VIDEO: Bush Lied About The WMDs and Iraq Supporting Terrorism
DEMOCRAT LEADER CONDEMNS BUSH (SENIOR) FOR NOT STOPPING IRAQ'S SUPPORT FOR TERRORISM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2007, 04:09 AM

14,496 posts, read 26,510,816 times
Yes, it is amother inconvenoent truth to some-

Old 08-23-2007, 10:44 AM

3,301 posts, read 6,305,461 times
Default (Lets go to the 1992 Al Gore video...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
Yes, it is amother inconvenoent truth to some-
Yet they continue to say Bush lied and our troops are dying. (Lets go to the 1992 Al Gore video...)

Truth gets in the way of their lies.

Old 08-23-2007, 12:37 PM

17,290 posts, read 29,287,590 times
The problem is, when you actually implement ACTION on an assumption, I/we expect some more research.

Iraq had WMD back in the late 80s and early 90s. That's a given. If you're going to mobilize the country for war and send us spiraling into a trillion dollars in debt and have some 3000+ American kids die in a war to topple a "once a friend, now a foe" dictator in the Middle East because you say he has WMD NOW, however, you'd THINK that the intelligence apparatus could, ya know, get some RECENT intelligence.......

Just a thought.....

Last edited by TriMT7; 08-23-2007 at 01:18 PM..

Old 08-23-2007, 01:11 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,537,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
The problem is, when you actually implement ACTION on an assumption, I/we expect some more research.

Iraq had WMD back in the late 80s and early 90s. That's a given. If you're going to mobilize the country for war and send us spiraling into a trillion dollars in debt and some 3000+ American kids to war to topple a "once a friend, now a foe" dictator in the Middle East because you say he has WMD NOW, however, you'd THINK that the intelligence apparatus could, ya know, get some RECENT intelligence.......

Just a thought.....
Still, everyone thought that at the time. The ability to get good intelligence was seriously damaged at that time.

Old 08-23-2007, 01:20 PM

17,290 posts, read 29,287,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Still, everyone thought that at the time. The ability to get good intelligence was seriously damaged at that time.
I don't think the administratioN CARED about "intelligence" at all!:

The Downing Street Memo :: What is it?

Old 08-23-2007, 03:26 PM

659 posts, read 1,371,204 times
Quote:
Sorry Rggr, over here (UK) people were disbelieving, two million turned out to march against the war singing songs in front of the police being filmed by cameras all the while.

Liars have a quality that is all too obvious.

Blair,Straw,Hoon,Scarlet,Reid,countless others, a list of MP's both parties all knew.

We had been overflying for ten years no secrets in Iraq.

It's all been said before.

I wish there was a hell.

Old 08-23-2007, 03:32 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,537,048 times
Part of the intelligence was gathered from British Intelligence. I am aware of the Downing St. Memo. I am also aware the British Intelligence has stood by their assessment given to the U.S. How is it that two million knew and the United Nations didn't, British Intelligence didn't, France didn't etc.? Were they all lying or just Bush?

Old 08-23-2007, 04:45 PM

659 posts, read 1,371,204 times
Quote:
Part of the intelligence was gathered from British Intelligence. I am aware of the Downing St. Memo. I am also aware the British Intelligence has stood by their assessment given to the U.S. How is it that two million knew and the United Nations didn't, British Intelligence didn't, France didn't etc.? Were they all lying or just Bush?
British Intelligence did know (as you have read Bush and Co. would not listen), France knew, the UN knew, the British government knew, several people in the know who opposed were killed or had accidents.

People in power both here and in the US it appeared to me at the time were part of an aquiescence, every one thought 'they' were overly powerful, people in the media were heavily managed in the UK but most licked for all they were worth, on promises and in fear.

Old 08-23-2007, 06:21 PM

24,453 posts, read 33,130,284 times
Quote:
Remember that the original Downing Street Memo was destroyed, so the info on it is more like hearsay.
Also, even Saddam's own Generals thought he had WMD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies