Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 06:41 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,010,414 times

Advertisements

Huckleberry actually makes a pretty compelling argument, and it is interesting to note that attorneys really are responsible for a lot of these problems if you work your way far enough up the line.

I can tell you from working within a NYC agency that every policy and protocol is engineered by attorneys at some level; even to the point where a worker begins to care less about the job than he or she does about satisfying his superiors.

That being said, this issue about the NYPD proactively arresting and planting drugs on innocent bystanders is about the gravest amount of mistrust that one could ever imagine. I could only begin to imagine what else goes on in there.

I never really could understand why so many people here felt the way that they did about the NYPD until I read the article this morning. Now I am slowly but surely beginning to understand the hostility and resentment that so many have engraved in them. This is no longer about 'criminals' making an accusation, but a bonafide detective taking a stand and confirming this as a way of casual conduct on a routine basis by men like himself, undercovers/plainclothes and patrolmen. It holds so much more weight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2011, 06:43 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Basdcaily the Op is surprised that a gropu amoung thousands in society has cooks i it. We see it everyday with every group or profession. They are called crooks and not confined to nay profession really.

Old 10-13-2011, 06:55 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,047,317 times
They're finally admitting it?...

Old 10-13-2011, 06:56 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Whut? Did you even read the article.
What actually read a link before commenting? How un-City-Data!

Old 10-13-2011, 07:10 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Why am I not surprised? Why is it that the police departments with the most bad eggs always seem to be city cops, and not the county sheriff, state police, etc.? All these stories you hear about cops accidentally killing people almost always come from at least a reasonably sized city. Also, good cops who don't stand up for what is right, is an accomplice to the bad cops' behavior, IMO. You're just as bad and guilty as the bad eggs

Old 10-13-2011, 07:34 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Why am I not surprised? Why is it that the police departments with the most bad eggs always seem to be city cops, and not the county sheriff, state police, etc.? All these stories you hear about cops accidentally killing people almost always come from at least a reasonably sized city. Also, good cops who don't stand up for what is right, is an accomplice to the bad cops' behavior, IMO. You're just as bad and guilty as the bad eggs
Ehh...not too sure about that.

Me personally, i find it pretty damn hard to believe that State Troopers, County Cops, and small town local yokel cops are any better than big city cops. In fact, i'd bet everything i own that they're just as crooked on average if not actually worse.

The small town guys can get away with a lot more with a lot less spotlight. State Troopers often work alone, so who knows what the hell they're doing. And the County? LOL...please.

Old 10-13-2011, 11:46 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
interesting - opposite here they deliberately dont report crime to keep crime stats down.
i wonder why a cop would not arrest a gang banger?? maybe to avoid the department getting sued?
The cops envy them.

Old 10-13-2011, 11:48 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Ehh...not too sure about that.

Me personally, i find it pretty damn hard to believe that State Troopers, County Cops, and small town local yokel cops are any better than big city cops. In fact, i'd bet everything i own that they're just as crooked on average if not actually worse.

The small town guys can get away with a lot more with a lot less spotlight. State Troopers often work alone, so who knows what the hell they're doing. And the County? LOL...please.
True. I suppose it's just that city cops just are in the spotlight more. One thin I do know, is that small town corruption is often more widespread than in the big cities. Look at the small town of Quartzite, AZ that declared martial law because the mayor was about to be outed in some scandal

Old 10-14-2011, 01:31 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
True. I suppose it's just that city cops just are in the spotlight more. One thin I do know, is that small town corruption is often more widespread than in the big cities. Look at the small town of Quartzite, AZ that declared martial law because the mayor was about to be outed in some scandal
Man, i had a judge that HAMMERED me in Quartzsite once. Long story, but i got hit with a 2400 dollar fine. The La Paz County courthouse is out of control. But they're such a small flea on the state dog, that it goes under the radar out there.

Old 10-14-2011, 01:36 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
The Oakland Police Department, specifically four officers who even gave themselves a gang name, were busted for this about ten years ago, and have since received federal oversight and sweeping departmental oversight since. I hope the NYPD is investigated to the same extent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies