Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 02:47 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
No, she's worse--a pure hatemonger and a horrible human being.

This rubbish amazes me. Doesn't anyone realize that Democrats and Republicans have switched ideologies since the Civil War? In 1860, the Republicans were the big government party, while the Dems supported states rights. Gradually in the twentieth century, the roles switched, while now the Republicans support states' rights. The Democrats' past support for segregation does not automatically mean that current democrats are racist. To say otherwise is simply stupid.
Civil War?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2011, 02:49 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
Ann Coulter is just one of many well-paid provocateurs. She is paid to stir up trouble. She is no different than Limbaugh or Olbermann.
And you failed, once more, to read her column because your side of things tell you to attack the messenger and never the message when the messenger is Ann Coulter or Rush Limbaugh.

Old 10-13-2011, 02:49 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
Quote:
I know, right? What gets me is that it's so obvious. You really would have to be a complete moron to not know that the GOP and Dems have switched ideologies. The things that Lincoln supported in 1862 would NEVER fly with today's Republicans. AT ALL!
Republicans are not for the rule of law? That's what Lincoln was for he was not against slavery per se and he certainly was not enamored with Black people in the sense that he viewed them as equals. Not in the beginning at least.

Old 10-13-2011, 02:54 PM

Quote:
No, she's worse--a pure hatemonger and a horrible human being.

This rubbish amazes me. Doesn't anyone realize that Democrats and Republicans have switched ideologies since the Civil War? In 1860, the Republicans were the big government party, while the Dems supported states rights. Gradually in the twentieth century, the roles switched, while now the Republicans support states' rights. The Democrats' past support for segregation does not automatically mean that current democrats are racist. To say otherwise is simply stupid.
What does your post have to do with the OP's link? Somehow I failed to see all that stuff in it. Surely you did read the link before you attacked the messenger.

Old 10-13-2011, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
What a b.s !!! You folk are just as intellectually dishonest as Coulter. Cut out the lying, folks who know something about history see right through these manipulations.
I taught American History for over 25 years and studied it a bit all that time. For some reason I think that the chief told the story just as it was taught before the progressives took over the schools. What do they teach nowdays that is different than what he said? I seriously would like to know.

Old 10-13-2011, 03:01 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,479,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Republicans are not for the rule of law? That's what Lincoln was for he was not against slavery per se and he certainly was not enamored with Black people in the sense that he viewed them as equals. Not in the beginning at least.
I was talking more about his other domestic policies...the homestead act, land grant colleges, an income tax, a department of education, public education in general. I would have been a proud Republican in, say 1860 (hence my title under my name). Not so today

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I taught American History for over 25 years and studied it a bit all that time. For some reason I think that the chief told the story just as it was taught before the progressives took over the schools. What do they teach nowdays that is different than what he said? I seriously would like to know.
I have read and listened to Ann Coulter quite a bit in the past, and have made it a policy not to read anything else by that woman again. I don't attack all messengers. Ann Coulter is a messenger worth attacking because of what I said in my previous post about her. She makes it her career to foment hate, which, in my mind puts her in one of the worst category of people. People like her are a source of what's wrong with political discourse in this country and the more she is ignored and shrugged off, the better.

My advice: find new conservative heroes. They're out there...somewhere.

Old 10-13-2011, 03:03 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,193,171 times
People give Fox News a lot of grief but they're very forward-thinking and dare I say it progressive hiring a MTF transsexual like Ms. Coulter and putting her in such a prominent position. It's no picnic making the transition so hat's off to her courage and the courage of the entire Fox News family for accepting her with open arms.

Old 10-13-2011, 03:04 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,973 times
Quote:
I know, right? What gets me is that it's so obvious. You really would have to be a complete moron to not know that the GOP and Dems have switched ideologies. The things that Lincoln supported in 1862 would NEVER fly with today's Republicans. AT ALL!
That's why I didn't even respond to the stupid comment that I "recon" the subject. Some folk are so ignorant of history or willing to be intellectually dishonest, it's a waste of time speaking to them.

Old 10-13-2011, 03:06 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Ann Coulter - October 12, 2011 - WINGLESS, BLOODSUCKING AND PARASITIC: MEET THE FLEA PARTY!

It's too bad so much of this history is not taught in schools today but considering who controls the schools, it is really not surprising.
Yes. Ms Coulter could use a lesson.

Old 10-13-2011, 03:07 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Damn you beat me to it. However, your remarks are so true and just how I would have said those things. Great sharing of some truth.
Only, it's not true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies