Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 03:28 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,629,981 times

Advertisements

Top Ten Richest Celebrities Supporting ‘Occupy Wall Street’ | TheBlaze.com

Here is the reported Net Worth of the Top Ten Richest Celebrities who are apparently expressing support of the protesters. (Why don't they just invite these folks to come and move in their mansions and share their wealth? Or at least come and camp out on their property?) Protesters realize that beachfront property in California is public? I'm sure they'd be welcomed with open arms in Malibu, Santa Monica, etc.

Yoko Ono 500 Million

Russell Simmons 325 Million

Deepak Chopra 80 Million

Kanye West 70 Million

Alec Baldwin 65 Million

Susan Sarandon 50 Million

Michael Moore 50 Million

Tim Robbins 50 Million

Nancy Pelosi 35 Million
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2011, 03:33 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,799,700 times
Exactly. Maybe Yoko should spend a few million 'that she earned' to provides some food or tents to support the movement.

Old 10-13-2011, 03:36 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,498,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Exactly. Maybe Yoko should spend a few million 'that she earned' to provides some food or tents to support the movement.
I know one of Ocuppy's wealthy supporters, Lupe Fiasco, has been providing the different protests around the country with generators & tents, etc.

Old 10-13-2011, 03:42 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,798,096 times
They think by supporting OWS they are buying "Guillotine Insurance".

Old 10-13-2011, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Well, at least Roseanne Barrs must be!

Old 10-13-2011, 03:49 PM

29,946 posts, read 18,515,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Yet the rich on the left hang just as well as the rich on the right.

I think that these "enlightened" liberals need to look at the history of revolutions around the world. They really believe that if anarchy or revolution unfolds that for some reason they will be spared. It is hilarious.

Old 10-13-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Oh yeah. Yoko. Just one of the common folk.

"Probably most ironic of all, is that Ono is a descendant of the prestigious Yasuda banking family, as well as a 9th century Emperor of Japan. She also attended Gakushuin, one of Japan’s most exclusive schools."

"Ono stated “I love ‘Occupy Wall Street’! John is sending his smile to ‘Occupy Wall Street.’ I am sending my love to ‘Occupy Wall Street.’ We are all working together. ”

Top Ten Richest Celebrities Supporting ‘Occupy Wall Street’ | TheBlaze.com

Old 10-13-2011, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Yet the rich on the left hang just as well as the rich on the right.

I think that these "enlightened" liberals need to look at the history of revolutions around the world. They really believe that if anarchy or revolution unfolds that for some reason they will be spared. It is hilarious.
Surely they saw "Dr. Zhivago?"

Old 10-13-2011, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
I know one of Ocuppy's wealthy supporters, Lupe Fiasco, has been providing the different protests around the country with generators & tents, etc.
Somebody tell him that New York could use more Jonny-on-the-Spots.

Old 10-13-2011, 03:59 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,174,273 times
What's wrong with being rich? What's wrong with people with wealth admitting that the current system is unfair to people who make less money than they do? Talk about class warfare--some of you far right radicals (I'm a moderate R) are trying to twist the debate in this country over how we establish economic policy, and no one is buying it but you. Believing that we need to make some changes is NOT the same thing as "all rich people are bad," and it's just dumb to say that wealthy people have no business stating the same concerns about the future of our country as the rest of us.

I have absolutely nothing against big corporations in general--I'm glad someone is making money right now. The only thing I care about is their ability to pour unlimited amounts of money into politician's pockets and into campaigns to make sure that policy decisions always benefit them vs. the rest of us. That's the problem. I'd like to know why, as a small business owner, I"m paying taxes out the nose and actually creating jobs, while these same companies pay nothing, get government hand outs, use the infrastructure I paid for to build their business, and then they hire off shore.

And you wonder why people are mad?

I'm glad there are wealthy people willing to stand up and say that policies like that are hurting our country. Patriotism is doing what's right for America, regardless of what it costs you personally. Some of you radical right wingers are the first to call yourselves "proud Americans" but actions speak a whole lot louder than words.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies