Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 08:45 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDASpaceman View Post
Katiana,

Absolutely--I'm sure he is involved in all kinds of extracurricular activity at school...yearbook, choir, dance team, drama club etc. Or maybe he's the star pitcher on the baseball team, President of the Class, and State Champion on the Wrestling Team. Maybe the kid is headed to Dartmouth after scoring a perfect round on the SAT & ACTs. Yes Katiana, this is kid is probably sporting a 4.0, and joined the "Spirit" squad as a means to show his school pride...and he was merely caught in a whimsical smooch with his high school lover by happenstance....

or...

The young man is merely an attention starved youth...who is somehow playing in his little fantasy world dreaming he is a part of the cast of Glee. He is continually asked to 'tone' down his flamboyant behavior as he is absolutely intent on 'disruption' as a means of attention--yet he refuses to give in to the band of hard azz right wing School Teachers.

or...better yet,

Maybe he wants to finish High School...head to Dartmouth, enter Harvard Law...edit the Law Review, head back home to Gleeville and teach Constitutional Law? Then when all is well, join a well-know Gay Bath House and prepare to rule the Free World?

Heck...it could happen right?

LOL...Have a great weekend everyone! Isn't America great?
Nothing in between those extremes? Maybe just a regular high school student who is gay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2011, 08:48 AM

1,568 posts, read 3,227,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Of course I watched the interview. His face was blurred and we only heard his voice. Neither of us know whether the kid is effeminate or not.
LOL...okay, maybe I was thrown off by his lisp, hand gestures, and girlie like speech pattern.

Honesty vs Intellectual Honesty : Dispatches from the Creation Wars

Old 10-15-2011, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Nothing in between those extremes? Maybe just a regular high school student who is gay?
How I wish this were my perception. Just a kid being a kid--regardless of sexual orientation. If this was the case...maybe he'd be studying for his upcoming mid-terms vice giving disposition to the LGBT lawyers for the upcoming suit...Pom-Pom boy v Alice, Tx.

Old 10-15-2011, 08:53 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDASpaceman View Post
LOL...okay, maybe I was thrown off by his lisp, hand gestures, and girlie like speech pattern.

Honesty vs Intellectual Honesty : Dispatches from the Creation Wars

I think it's sad that you think you can put people in boxes. People are all different. Even if he does speak with a lisp, it doesn't mean he IS effeminate. I have a friend who sounds like a three year old when she speaks (very high pitched voice). People think she is a dumb bimbo. The woman holds an MBA and is a very successful business owner.

You need to re-evaluate the way you perceive others.

Old 10-15-2011, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I think it's sad that you think you can put people in boxes. People are all different. Even if he does speak with a lisp, it doesn't mean he IS effeminate. I have a friend who sounds like a three year old when she speaks (very high pitched voice). People think she is a dumb bimbo. The woman holds an MBA and is a very successful business owner.

You need to re-evaluate the way you perceive others.
Does she run around the office in outfits that would make a Sailor blush? Does she often lock her keys in the office...and stand around like a putz waiting for someone to assist? Does she call the help desk cause her email doesn't work...only to find her CPU is unplugged? Did she sleep to the top? Probably not...but if she did...guess what--she's probably earned that reputation, even is she did go to Devry or Capella University for her MBA.

My point is...so what--Junior is gay. Junior got caught in the hallway doing something that he wasn't supposed to be doing. He claims in his interview--he doesn't want to make a big deal about it...yet he's running his poutty lips on camera.

Life's hard and it ain't fair...perceptions are reality--don't want attention, don't make a scene. I don't buy this story of an entire School Administration coming down on little gay pom-pom man.

Please re-evaluate yourself and agree to disagree. Again for those keeping score, this is my perception based on a two minute TV clip and crappy journalism.

Old 10-15-2011, 09:55 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,094 times
Default homophobia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgreg View Post
Hormones rage whether you are heterosexual or homosexual. How many stories of a boy and girl get this kind of attention? The only discipline that needs to be taught here is control. Do any of you remember being a teenager?

Air force, you 100% right in your explanation. Homophobia can only be cured through education.
1. Not everyone who disagrees with gay people kissing is homophobic.

2. Not everyone who disagrees with homosexuality is homophobic.

3. Not everyone who disagrees with gay marriage is homophobic.

Homophobic is a term that get's tossed around so much, it's almost lost any legitimacy. Quite frankly, I could care less about kissing and whatever your sexual proclivity is. What I do is my business, what you do is your business. I don't flaunt my lifestyle in your face, all I ask is equal respect.

That being said,

The reported article leaves a lot to be desired in the way of reporting. I find it hard to believe that but for 1 incident this took place. There is more to this story. Without knowing the complete story, I will reserve any judgment, though in high school, I find it a bit odd that anyone is having an issue with someone kissing someone....

Old 10-15-2011, 10:07 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,258,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
1. Not everyone who disagrees with gay people kissing is homophobic.

2. Not everyone who disagrees with homosexuality is homophobic.

3. Not everyone who disagrees with gay marriage is homophobic.

Homophobic is a term that get's tossed around so much, it's almost lost any legitimacy. Quite frankly, I could care less about kissing and whatever your sexual proclivity is. What I do is my business, what you do is your business. I don't flaunt my lifestyle in your face, all I ask is equal respect.

That being said,

The reported article leaves a lot to be desired in the way of reporting. I find it hard to believe that but for 1 incident this took place. There is more to this story. Without knowing the complete story, I will reserve any judgment, though in high school, I find it a bit odd that anyone is having an issue with someone kissing someone....
You find it odd that anyone would have an issue of who kisses whom? Obviously, you've never been to TX. Secondly, if you "disagree", with the issues stated above, yes, it does make you homophobic. It means that there is something about it that you fear. I see straight pepole kissing all the time and it doesn't bother me because I'm not heterophobic. Gay marriage? If you have a problem with two people having a legally binding contract with one another, and your name is not on that contract, that makes you homophobic. If it does not influence your own personal life, why are you so afraid of it?

Old 10-15-2011, 10:21 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
You find it odd that anyone would have an issue of who kisses whom? Obviously, you've never been to TX. Secondly, if you "disagree", with the issues stated above, yes, it does make you homophobic. It means that there is something about it that you fear. I see straight pepole kissing all the time and it doesn't bother me because I'm not heterophobic. Gay marriage? If you have a problem with two people having a legally binding contract with one another, and your name is not on that contract, that makes you homophobic. If it does not influence your own personal life, why are you so afraid of it?
Nonsense. This term has been dedicated to those who "dare" disagree with anything gay. Its used to put down and attack and discourage people from using their rights to have an opinion that doesnt fall in line with the media/hollywood. Its either you like it and praise it or if you dont and dare say so, you will be vilified.

Very few fear gays or anything to do with gays. We are allowed to have an opinion that isnt glowing of homosexuality.

Old 10-15-2011, 10:25 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman View Post
This is going over my head. This story is clear. The boys stood in front of the security cameras, kissed, got caught, got punished, and ran to the media complaining about discrimination.

Getting suspended and kicked off a team for this type of behavior is not inappropriate.

I don't agree with your poorly veiled agenda.
I agree. Gays as well as straights should never, ever show love for their fellow man.

Old 10-15-2011, 10:28 AM

1,147 posts, read 909,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
The funny thing here is that no one actually saw them kissing. The school administration was going through security tapes and saw the "transgression".

Seems to me that Texas school officials should put more effort into educating students(the high school graduation rate there is abysmal); rather than scrutinizing security footage and looking to start trouble by harassing this young couple who obviously were seeking privacy.

The young gentleman's parents are suing the school administration.

Male High School Cheerleader Kicked Off Squad And Suspended For Kissing Another Boy
So before this happened they thought they had one of the 4 straight male cheerleaders known to exist? What's next? Raid the drama club?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies