Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2011, 03:19 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ees21 View Post
in my school you get kicked out if your gay i also go too a very strict cathlic school but anyways public kissing anywear is wrong
English class is waiting for you. Run!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2011, 03:21 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,739,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stateisota View Post
I was gonna post something smart to counter you but seeing as you are from Alabama I see it will probably fly right over your head.

Do us a favor and stay in your cesspool of a state.
Well post your smart comment then.

This is the internet after all and having e-grudges against people you disagree is pointless especially if you know what type of forum this is. People are going to disagree with you, sorry if you don't like it.

Old 10-15-2011, 03:21 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,322,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stateisota View Post
I was gonna post something smart to counter you but seeing as you are from Alabama I see it will probably fly right over your head.

Do us a favor and stay in your cesspool of a state.
Isn't it ignorant of you to clump all people from Alabama to be ignorant?

Old 10-15-2011, 03:23 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
Liberal tolerance is an oxymoron

Old 10-15-2011, 03:23 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,322,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ees21 View Post
in my school you get kicked out if your gay i also go too a very strict cathlic school but anyways public kissing anywear is wrong
I'm guessing you're only 12. So here's the sentence correction: In my school, you get kicked out if you're gay. I also go to a very strict Catholic school, but anyway, public kissing anywhere is wrong.

Old 10-15-2011, 03:27 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
It could be interpreted as such, but sometimes you gotta just go with the odds. The poster's views were so 12th century I would agree with Stateisota that further discussion would not be fruitful.

Old 10-15-2011, 03:27 PM

2,441 posts, read 7,009,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
But it's ok for male and female students to kiss, right?
I would expect schools to take action for any inappropriate behavior on campus. This was clearly inappropriate behavior and the school to corrective action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgreg View Post
Hormones rage whether you are heterosexual or homosexual. How many stories of a boy and girl get this kind of attention? The only discipline that needs to be taught here is control. Do any of you remember being a teenager?

Air force, you 100% right in your explanation. Homophobia can only be cured through education.
Hormones should not overshadow common sense. We are not wild beasts. I remember being a teenager and having a general idea of right and wrong. This kid made a mistake and was punished.

This has nothing to do with homophobia at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I agree. Gays as well as straights should never, ever show love for their fellow man.
So you're basically saying that we should be able to "show love" for our fellow man whenever, wherever? If two people decide they want to "show love" during the middle of a funeral or on the altar during a church service, it's fine? Oh, ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
ROFL......I think you are over reacting.......IF you bothered to read the opening post and/or watched the video...the boys were NOT seen by anyone....the kiss was seen on security tape.....by school administration.

You are clearly trying to inflame the thread by accusing a KID of being obstructive and distractive when NO ONE was anywhere near them.

I think we know where the maturity and discretion falls on this topic! The kid wins! You lose!
So a behavior is only inappropriate if someone else sees it? If someone gets attacked and no one directly sees it, it's okay?

This happened on school property. School administrators have a right to use security cameras to monitor activity on campus. That's clearly what was being done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by portyhead24 View Post
Did you eat a brain tumor for breakfast? It says that they did this in private, not wanting any attention. This type of stuff goes on with heteros in private AND public at school all the time. How many of them are getting kicked out of school? Truth is you're a homophobic bigot. Move along.
They ran in front of a security camera on a school campus. This was not done in private. The school has cameras and has every right to utilize them. If the students didn't want attention, they shouldn't have preformed their act in front of a camera.

This is not about homophobia. This would be a non-issue if this boy would have just accepted the disciplinary action without scurrying to the news media. This is nothing more than a student seeking attention to dangle the gay agenda in front of our faces.

Old 10-15-2011, 03:33 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,345,799 times
again, I would bet money that they've caught boys kissing girls on camera and did nothing. try walking through a normal public school and count the number of time you've seen PDA blatantly in the hallways

Old 10-15-2011, 03:40 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
What was a "male cheerleader" doing on the cheerleading team anyway? Just another homo looking for attention and boy did he get it, suspended from school even.

In some religions being gay is just not acceptable thank God for that. This is in texas the bible belt, not fruity-tootie california or NY.
There are many male cheerleaders at the high school and college levels. They are a mix of straight, gay and bi men. Just like most other cross sections of society.

Homo is an inappropriate, derogatory term. I'd suggest you drop it from your vernacular.

"Being gay is not acceptable"? You know what's not acceptable to me? Telling others who they should love and how they should live. Guess what else? Now, sit down before reading this, ok? Not all Americans are Christians. So therefore it doesn't matter a purple poo in El Paso if that religion thinks being gay is wrong.

Your not into the gay thing? Easy - don't be gay.

Old 10-15-2011, 03:41 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
again, I would bet money that they've caught boys kissing girls on camera and did nothing. try walking through a normal public school and count the number of time you've seen PDA blatantly in the hallways
This was not about other schools and how they enforce their laws, it's about this school.

How do you know how this school enforces their rules?

Can you please define "normal public school" and give us your credentials on your vast knowledge of "normal public schools" in all states and cities and how strictly or not their rules are enforced?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies