Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 06:55 AM

1,332 posts, read 994,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
From: Aerial Surveillance, Security & Intelligence Systems Technologies-U.S., LLC (Feb. 2011)

"The unit cost for one Predator is about $4.5 million, according to DHS estimates. “ …the costs of operating a UAV can become more than double the costs of operating a manned aircraft, said the Congressional Research Service (CRS) last summer. Operating one UAV could take a crew of up to 20 Border Patrol agents, according to the CRS analysis. CBP’s Air and Marine Branch last fall pegged the per-hour cost of operating a Predator UAV for border surveillance at $3,234. Based on that figure, keeping one UAV in the air every hour of the year would cost about $28.5 million.....

"Until a cost-effective solution to the “detect, sense and avoid” problem presented by unmanned aircraft is overcome, the most sensible solution to monitoring border incursions is the use of fuel-efficient, light aircraft with state-of the art sensors and trained flight crews who can make decisions “on the fly” and relay aerial, full motion video imagery in real-time...."

Has anyone computed the $cost of border patrol with this method, in relation to $cost : $economy benefit of admitting and maintaining illegals over time?
What is important here is that our laws are upheld. if we get our soldiers HOME from the Middle East, we could put them on our border.

Building a wall is critical..not only at this time to keep illegal immigrants OUT...but as defense in the case of invasion...which is very poissible in the coming years as the world reaches populations that it can no longer sustain.

What is the cost of sovereignty? We have what many others in the world want...and eventually they will come to take it by force if they can. Right now...we are letting them have it without a fight, and that has to STOP!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2011, 07:38 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,767,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Talk about pandering to the lunatic fringe

Can't wait to here the conservative "Christians" on this forum applaud this proposal

Cain Proposes Electrified Border Fence - NYTimes.com
I think ole Herman might just get my vote now.

And I am an Agnostic.

Old 10-17-2011, 09:13 AM

181 posts, read 303,822 times
I worked for a company that uses electric fences around there property, never heard one complaint except from me, I thought it was funny they fenced the crime in.

Old 10-17-2011, 09:21 AM

181 posts, read 303,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
Yep, just like the Roman colosseum.....as the good Christians cheered
I don't see what this has to do with Christians and I'm not up on history,but wasn't it the Christians being slaughtered by the Romans? I fail to see the joke.

Old 10-17-2011, 09:23 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
This is a good idea. I was for putting a moat in full of alligators but this would do the job the same. Make it a reality show of sorts. Put up minefields, moat, electric fence, snipers etc. and if you can make it through you get citizenship.

Old 10-17-2011, 12:23 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,731,689 times
Quote:

Can't wait to here the conservative "Christians" on this forum applaud this proposal

Cain Proposes Electrified Border Fence - NYTimes.com
Well, cooking and frying things has been his job for a long time...

Old 10-17-2011, 05:42 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:

Fences are ugly. Personally I'd rather see a huge ditch, maybe 150 feet wide and 100 feet deep. You can put shrubbery on the bottom to make it look nice.

Old 10-17-2011, 05:58 PM

33,551 posts, read 18,143,148 times
The giant magnet of our federal government draws illegals here.. they have babies, get free money and free food stamps, they go to the food bank , get free food, go to local welfare, get free money, go to welfare department, get free housing, go to hospital, get free medical care. Apply for school, get free schooling.Go to college, get free college.

Go to doctor, got medicaid card get free prescriptions, got food card all free, get on program, get heat voucher free, go to school , get free breakfast and lunch, go to phone program, get free cell phone. Illegals know it is all FREE.. AND WE GET TAX HIKES.

Old 10-17-2011, 06:01 PM

33,551 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
What is important here is that our laws are upheld. if we get our soldiers HOME from the Middle East, we could put them on our border.

Building a wall is critical..not only at this time to keep illegal immigrants OUT...but as defense in the case of invasion...which is very poissible in the coming years as the world reaches populations that it can no longer sustain.

What is the cost of sovereignty? We have what many others in the world want...and eventually they will come to take it by force if they can. Right now...we are letting them have it without a fight, and that has to STOP!
This should have been done 10 years ago.. now we have millions of illegals with millions of legal children . It will bankrupt us eventually.

Old 10-17-2011, 06:02 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,963,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
He just said on Meet the Press it was a joke.
Funny how many of us on here believed it. Not hard to imagine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies