Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 12:50 PM

20,454 posts, read 12,372,428 times

Advertisements

soo.... some people created a disturbance and a protest inside private property.

then the owners of the property called the police.
the owners of the property pressed charges.

the police then arrested the protestors.

im missing something. exactly where did Citibank arrest anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2011, 12:53 PM

What i got from this is that this was a very well organized protest with an intention of forcing the issue.

I got this because those outside were talking about contacting the "national lawyers" and all those arrested giving names to one person who would then text the "national lawyers".

There was also someone inside the bank giving signals and showing something written on his arm to someone outside to this effect.

total set up to make Citibank look like the bad guy.

Sorry im not buying this. This was a well organized event by some anarchists.

Old 10-17-2011, 12:56 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,435,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
Exactly.

These "protesters" remind me of the spoiled brat kid who gets mad and quits his job and then tries to make a speech about why he's quitting. We've all witnessed that one. Every time it happens you can see the wind fall out of their sails when they realize no one actually gives a rat's rear. Most don't realize they are probably doing the employer a favor since they are the least productive workers who only have a job because it's too much bureaucratic headache to kick them to the curb where they belong. I find it amazing that so many oddly dressed people decided to close their accounts at exactly the same time and place.

If they had the balls to openly admit they were there to cause trouble, I might have some respect for them but instead they hide behind some BS cover story to, as they always do, try to avoid taking responsibility for their own actions.
You hit the nail on the head my friend. Your right, they don't have the balls to admit openly what their intentions really were. And this is a BS cover story, with spoiled brat like people, who refuse to take responsibility for their own stupid actions.

Old 10-17-2011, 01:00 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,065,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
What i got from this is that this was a very well organized protest with an intention of forcing the issue.

I got this because those outside were talking about contacting the "national lawyers" and all those arrested giving names to one person who would then text the "national lawyers".

There was also someone inside the bank giving signals and showing something written on his arm to someone outside to this effect.

total set up to make Citibank look like the bad guy.

Sorry im not buying this. This was a well organized event by some anarchists.

Excuse me? That was definitely schemed (organized is most definitely not the right word to describe that little Cluster F...) but not particularly well. In fact it was sloppy and discombobulated from it's beginning. I'll thank you to please stop insulting the Anarchists as they tend to be far more efficient.

Old 10-17-2011, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
Excuse me? That was definitely schemed (organized is most definitely not the right word to describe that little Cluster F...) but not particularly well. In fact it was sloppy and discombobulated from it's beginning. I'll thank you to please stop insulting the Anarchists as they tend to be far more efficient.

LOL! go back and watch again, they got what they wanted and they didnt show any of the protest that led up to the lockdown.

"call the national lawyers"

These occupy people are backed by powerful interests that want something.

Old 10-17-2011, 01:04 PM

1,147 posts, read 908,969 times
I'll tell ya what happened. They walked in the bank, and began to openly protest. The bank employee asked them to leave, immediately. They refused.

Law broken, end of story.

If they REALLY felt the need to spit in the faces of these banks, they should have done it this way. Walk into a bank, throw up their signs, say something, and as soon as they tell them to leave, LEAVE, and go to the next bank. wash, rinse, repeat

THAT is legal. Annoying, but legal.

Old 10-17-2011, 01:09 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,065,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
LOL! go back and watch again, they got what they wanted and they didnt show any of the protest that led up to the lockdown.

"call the national lawyers"

These occupy people are backed by powerful interests that want something.
I agree. The instigators are likely on the payroll as are most activists, but like most demonstrators no matter the cause, most are hapless idiots just being led around by the nose.

Old 10-17-2011, 01:15 PM

Oh and one more thing for you Occupy loving folks. The chick in question had her "paperwork" with her. NOBODY goes to the bank with their "paperwork".

She had that in hand to make a scene and make it look like Citibank was arresting her for closing her account and "see here is my proof Immacustomer".

I hope she gets locked up with a puking drunk.

Old 10-17-2011, 01:58 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,586,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
lol, you have no clue what even happened but think you do. The bank called the police, the police, OVER THE PHONE, told them to lock the doors (close the branch). A cop also asked that woman to go back inside.
Where did you see that on the video?

Old 10-17-2011, 02:00 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,446,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
Where did you see that on the video?
In the video you can see the cop asking someone to go back inside. The report released by the bank says that and more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies