Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 08:19 AM

923 posts, read 1,429,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Who are we supposed to vote in? Both of the two major parties officially support the WOD. There are no viable candidates...

We need a third party....

Oh, and hey...perhaps you should burn one and relax..

Ron Paul: End Marijuana Prohibition Now! - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2011, 08:21 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Who are we supposed to vote in? Both of the two major parties officially support the WOD. There are no viable candidates...

We need a third party....

Oh, and hey...perhaps you should burn one and relax..

Ron Paul !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-19-2011, 09:04 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,880,812 times
Ron Paul may favor legalization, but he has as much chance of the nomination as I do.. Be realistic....

Old 10-19-2011, 12:16 PM

7,032 posts, read 14,482,104 times
I'm allergic to pot and I still support legalizing it even if I can't use it once legal.

I believe people should be allowed to do anything as long as it doesn't infringe on others' rights or well-being.

Of course, there needs to be restriction on use (i.e. you can't smoke it in schools, on buses, in some public places, etc.)

Old 10-19-2011, 12:20 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarkar View Post
I'm allergic to pot and I still support legalizing it even if I can't use it once legal.

I believe people should be allowed to do anything as long as it doesn't infringe on others' rights or well-being.

Of course, there needs to be restriction on use (i.e. you can't smoke it in schools, on buses, in some public places, etc.)

I've never heard of an allergy to marijuana. I don't dispute it, but what are your symptoms?

Old 10-19-2011, 12:22 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,204,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Do what I do - insert yourself in front of those who are in power to make changes. While fighting cancer and in pain and battling the anxiety produced both as a side effect of chemo and the status of being a 23 year old facing her mortality, I had the choice between pot and a litany of medications. I was already taking about 40 pills a day, so I chose pot under the guidance of my oncologist and onco-psychiatrist. The fact that I had to do that illegally while the medications they gave me in many ways made me feel more unhinged is absolutely ludicrous.

I will tell my story to anyone who will listen in hopes that people like me can get respite without having to rely on dozens of pain pills and handfuls of Xanax.
I'm all for legalizing it for medical use--I think it's cruel and crazy not to. Recreational use? Not so much. I don't think you should go to jail for using it though.

Old 10-19-2011, 12:59 PM

34,090 posts, read 82,964,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I'm all for legalizing it for medical use--I think it's cruel and crazy not to.

Recreational use? Not so much.
I don't think you should go to jail for using it though.
Maybe you aren't understanding the meaning of recreational then.
Recreational use is like when you pick up a case of beer along with the steaks
that you'll be grilling on Saturday afternoon when the game is on.

hth

Old 10-19-2011, 01:02 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Maybe you aren't understanding the meaning of recreational.
Recreational use is like when you pick up a case of beer along with the steaks you're gonna grill on Saturday afternoon when the game is on.
I was never a pot smoker and I'm not passionate about this issue but I suppose it should be legalized...

But can anybody give me a good reason why LSD was outlawed?

I don't see anything that bad about it compared to alchohol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysergic_acid_diethylamide

Old 10-19-2011, 01:07 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,183,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
I was never a pot smoker and I'm not passionate about this issue but I suppose it should be legalized...

But can anybody give me a good reason why LSD was outlawed?

I don't see anything that bad about it compared to alchohol.

Lysergic acid diethylamide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It's a pretty powerful, synthetic drug? Ever been around someone having a bad trip? Not that I think it should be illegal either tbh, but there are significantly better, more natural trips available

Bill Hicks - Positive Drug Story - YouTube

Old 10-19-2011, 01:07 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Pot is NOT harmful to the human body or mind. Marijuana does NOT pose a threat to the general public. Marijuana is very much a danger to the oil companies, alcohol, tobacco industries and a large number of chemical corporations. Various big businesses, with plenty of dollars and influence, have suppressed the truth from the people.

The truth is if marijuana was utilized for its vast array of commercial products, it would create an industrial atomic bomb! Entrepreneurs have not been educated on the product potential of pot. The super rich have conspired to spread misinformation about an extremely versatile plant that, if used properly, would ruin their companies.

Where did the word 'marijuana' come from? In the mid 1930s, the M-word was created to tarnish the good image and phenomenal history of the hemp plant........................

Hemp called 'Billion Dollar Crop.' It was the first time a cash crop had a business potential to exceed a billion dollars; Popular Mechanics, Feb., 1938.

Mechanical Engineering Magazine (Feb. 1938) published an article entitled 'The Most Profitable and Desirable Crop that Can be Grown.' It stated that if hemp was cultivated using 20th Century technology, it would be the single largest agricultural crop in the U.S. and the rest of the world.

In the 1930s, innovations in farm machinery would have caused an industrial revolution when applied to hemp. This single resource could have created millions of new jobs generating thousands of quality products. Hemp, if not made illegal, would have brought America out of the Great Depression.

William Randolph Hearst (Citizen Kane) and the Hearst Paper Manufacturing Division of Kimberly Clark owned vast acreage of timberlands. The Hearst Company supplied most paper products. Patty Hearst's grandfather, a destroyer of nature for his own personal profit, stood to lose billions because of hemp.

In 1937, Dupont patented the processes to make plastics from oil and coal. Dupont's Annual Report urged stockholders to invest in its new petrochemical division. Synthetics such as plastics, cellophane, celluloid, methanol, nylon, rayon, Dacron, etc., could now be made from oil. Natural hemp industrialization would have ruined over 80% of Dupont's business.

Andrew Mellon became Secretary of the Treasury and Dupont's primary investor. He appointed his future nephew-in-law, Harry J. Anslinger, to head the Federal Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs.

Secret meetings were held by these financial tycoons. Hemp was declared dangerous and a threat to their billion dollar enterprises. For their dynasties to remain intact, hemp had to go. These men took an obscure Mexican slang word: 'marihuana' and pushed it into the consciousness of America.

In the 1930s, people were very naive; even to the point of ignorance. The masses were like sheep waiting to be led by the few in power. They did not challenge authority. If the news was in print or on the radio, they believed it had to be true. They told their children and their children grew up to be the parents of the baby-boomers.

On April 14, 1937, the Prohibitive Marihuana Tax Law or the bill that outlawed hemp was directly brought to the House Ways and Means Committee. This committee is the only one that can introduce a bill to the House floor without it being debated by other committees. The Chairman of the Ways and Means, Robert Doughton, was a Dupont supporter. He insured that the bill would pass Congress.

In September of 1937, hemp became illegal. The most useful crop known became a drug and our planet has been suffering ever since.

Pot is ILLEGAL because LIBERAL BILLIONAIRES want to remain billioniares
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies