U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2011, 09:27 AM

16,281 posts, read 9,113,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
bull honky

i made 30,000 last year and i paid TWO GRAND in income taxes. I am WELL UNDER The 50% mark in average salary.

LIES LIES LILES
? are you sure about this?

I think you need to pay someone to do your taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 09:31 AM

Location: 15 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
25,322 posts, read 14,041,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
A little more food for thought.

Instead of bemoaning the number of Americans who do not pay income taxes perhaps a little concern should be directed at why an increasing number of Americans are falling below the income point where they would incur greater tax liability.
yep and the reason why

high taxes...and jobs going overseas due to liberal globalist policies

Old 10-24-2011, 09:40 AM

33,046 posts, read 22,048,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
? are you sure about this?

I think you need to pay someone to do your taxes.

A childless adult earning $30,000 who does not itemize will pay TWO GRAND a year in federal income tax. Won't help him one bit to have someone do his taxes.

Old 10-24-2011, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
yep and the reason why

Think global, act local.

Old 10-24-2011, 09:42 AM

13,300 posts, read 10,495,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
No I din't buy this Republican crap that people who have earned income don't pay taxes even if they get most of it back when they file a tax form that shows tax credits or exemptions! The money is still taken out of the weekly or monthly paycheck and the money is in a government account and is used for government purposes for days,weeks, months or as much as one year. It earns the wage earner no interest or investment income and he can't even use it as collateral in a loan! So the wage earner has lost control of this money and he even has to go to the trouble of filing a tax return to get it back. The government does not send this money back at the end of the tax year if he fails to file a return. If you fail to file a return you not only fail to get this money back but you are penalized and could lose the money altogether if the penalty exceeds the refund.
Good point!! The republicans also do not mention that the illegal aliens that pay taxes/social security under false ssn don't get any of that back either

Old 10-24-2011, 09:45 AM

Quote:
you got ripped off

I made 60k and paid NOTHING in federal income or federal payroll taxes..infact the government sent me MORE than had been deducted from income AND payroll taxes

I've paid several hundred dollars in federal income tax on $15K income. Have I been ripped off also?

Old 10-24-2011, 09:48 AM

Quote:

tax EVERYONE EQUALLY at the same rate, and cut spending

Neither the FairTax nor 999 tax everyone equally at the same rate.

Old 10-24-2011, 09:49 AM

31,385 posts, read 32,092,865 times
Quote:
yep and the reason why

Do you think that at sometime in the near or distant future you might figure out a way to discuss an issue with a bit more depth than posting the meme of the day?

As for what you did post, there is nothing liberal or conservative about globalization, a silly term to begin with since world's economy has been "globalized" since one man walked over a mountain and found another man with selling something that he couldn't find at home. Globalization is a fact of life which is why both conservatives and liberals have done nothing more than to set a few rules about how it will be conducted.

As for high taxes,

If taxes are so high that the wealthiest and most taxed members of society just keep getting wealthier while those who used to pay taxes get poorer, it begs the question, what fracking logic would lead one to conclude that "high" taxes are the working poor's problem?

Old 10-24-2011, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
There is no reality fail. Truth fail on your part. Property taxes were not lowered. There was a cap put on the increase.

Property taxes were not lowered? See this from the Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association website:

Proposition 13: A Look Back | Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association
Proposition 13: A Look Back

May 10, 2006 by Joel Fox In the Beginning, there was Proposition 13.
On June 6th, 1978, nearly two-thirds of California's voters passed Proposition 13, reducing property tax rates on homes, businesses, and farms by about 57%.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:22 AM

Location: 15 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
25,322 posts, read 14,041,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
A childless adult earning $30,000 who does not itemize will pay TWO GRAND a year in federal income tax. Won't help him one bit to have someone do his taxes.
only if you are an idiot and use the 1040ez

the retirement(401k) credit...is 400 dollars it self

and if you own a home...big credits...the energy credit(can also be used by renters), the mortgage credit, and the big one..the property tax deduction

any health care costs..also written off

a smart 30k earner (even those unmarried with no kids) will pay nothing in federal income taxes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies