U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-18-2011, 06:08 AM
 
Location: Portland, OR
8,803 posts, read 7,540,313 times
Reputation: 4501

Advertisements

There were Democrats who voted against it too. Just shows how hyperpartisan he is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-18-2011, 06:11 AM
 
Location: NC USA
3,384 posts, read 4,074,669 times
Reputation: 1794
It will be a talking point for his year long re-election march. He has to have something to pin his hat on and he can't do it with an abysmal track record and the economy in a shambles due to his horrendous policies. I think he is just hoping to foll some more people as he did in 2008 but the majority of the people in this nation are seeing through his BS now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2011, 06:12 AM
 
Location: South East
4,209 posts, read 3,075,203 times
Reputation: 1453
Because his specialty is to lie, deflect, twist the truth, and blame the Republicans. It is all he knows how to do. Unfortunately, there are still sheeple out their whom believe him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2011, 06:14 AM
 
Location: Portland, OR
8,803 posts, read 7,540,313 times
Reputation: 4501
I wish Obama would quit doing things in the name of making a name for himself and just...govern, for God's sakes. He doesn't care about this jobs bill, he cares about getting it passed for his own sake so it looks like he accomplished something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2011, 06:20 AM
 
10,783 posts, read 11,788,454 times
Reputation: 4794
Only two out of the entire senate on the dem side voted against it and can be considered DINOS. Also as he points out 63% of the american people support his bill, but no one on the right voted for it, proving beyond any doubt the GOP doesn't give a damn about job creation, balancing the budget, and most importantly, what the american people want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2011, 06:20 AM
 
3,568 posts, read 3,264,577 times
Reputation: 1364
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
There were Democrats who voted against it too. Just shows how hyperpartisan he is.
Neither does he mention that the bill was presented as an all-or-nothing proposition. In other words, no amendments by Republicans were allowed. Reid, however, reserved the right to amend the bill to tack on a "millionaires tax." That's what Obama calls bipartisanship.

The fact is that the bill is another sop to public and other unions, transferring wealth from one group to another to curry favor with favored constituencies. Obama and the Democrats knew from the start that his so-called jobs bill would never pass and it was not intneded to pass but rather to be used as a point of attack against Republicans. He thinks he can reprise the 1948 election when Truman ran against a "do-nothing Congress" and barely squeaked out a win. It's not going to happen this time. Obama is no Truman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2011, 06:25 AM
 
Location: Portland, OR
8,803 posts, read 7,540,313 times
Reputation: 4501
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Only two out of the entire senate on the dem side voted against it and can be considered DINOS. Also as he points out 63% of the american people support his bill, but no one on the right voted for it, proving beyond any doubt the GOP doesn't give a damn about job creation, balancing the budget, and most importantly, what the american people want.
1) OK then, call out the two democrats who voted against it.

2) Polls do not matter. The majority does not rule in this country so that statistic is totally meaningless.

3) The GOP does care about balancing the budget, that's why they aren't passinng the bill. You think a sur-tax on the rich will raise $400 billion to pay for this thing? That's a 20% increase in tax revenue, not happening
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2011, 06:27 AM
 
Location: Tampa Florida
22,243 posts, read 15,230,241 times
Reputation: 4583
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
Neither does he mention that the bill was presented as an all-or-nothing proposition. In other words, no amendments by Republicans were allowed. Reid, however, reserved the right to amend the bill to tack on a "millionaires tax." That's what Obama calls bipartisanship.

The fact is that the bill is another sop to public and other unions, transferring wealth from one group to another to curry favor with favored constituencies. Obama and the Democrats knew from the start that his so-called jobs bill would never pass and it was not intneded to pass but rather to be used as a point of attack against Republicans. He thinks he can reprise the 1948 election when Truman ran against a "do-nothing Congress" and barely squeaked out a win. It's not going to happen this time. Obama is no Truman.
Imagine how hard it will be to run against a "do-nothing" Congress that continually does nothing, huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2011, 06:29 AM
 
23,851 posts, read 19,756,025 times
Reputation: 9381
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Only two out of the entire senate on the dem side voted against it and can be considered DINOS. Also as he points out 63% of the american people support his bill, but no one on the right voted for it, proving beyond any doubt the GOP doesn't give a damn about job creation, balancing the budget, and most importantly, what the american people want.
You need to be a better informed Democrat. More than two Dems have said that if the bill would have made it past the initial vote to consider, that they would have voted against the bill.

Don't believe me? Look it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2011, 06:29 AM
Status: "Boat races again on the Ohio" (set 11 days ago)
 
5,460 posts, read 3,190,167 times
Reputation: 2112
His first attempt to create millions of jobs at our expense was a snafu unless you were a teacher fireman or policeman...oh wait we will bail them out again and save jobs.Never in my life have I heard a sitting President say he saved jobs and not create jobs.

Hey OBAMA remember your promise to southern Ohio USEC will layoff 500 wokers November 1st and probably close operations at Piketon.There are guarantee loans you said well its been 2 years now with reviews with the D.O.E. with 4000-6000 jobs on hold time to act is now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top