U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-18-2011, 09:36 AM
 
12,439 posts, read 10,258,967 times
Reputation: 3137

Advertisements

http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/...ebate-1.304108

In the Sunday interview, Stone reportedly said U.S. public opinion was focused on the Holocaust as a result of the "Jewish domination of the media," adding that an upcoming film of him aims to put Adolf Hitler and Soviet dictator Joseph Stalin "in context."

"There's a major lobby in the United States," Stone said, adding that "they are hard workers. They stay on top of every comment, the most powerful lobby in Washington."

The famed Hollywood director of such films as Platoon and JFK, also said that while "Hitler was a Frankenstein," there was also a "Dr Frankenstein."
"German industrialists, the Americans and the British. He had a lot of support," Stone told the Sunday Times, adding that "Hitler did far more damage to the Russians than the Jewish people, 25 or 30 [million killed]."

Of course after he realized that all of the major movie studios are also owned by Jewish people he apologized...which is ironic. Kind of proves his point doesn't it? No more movies unless you apologize. Kind of shows who is in control. Just like he said.

ADL accepts Oliver Stone apology over Holocaust, U.S. Jews remarks - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

 
Old 10-18-2011, 09:50 AM
 
813 posts, read 697,211 times
Reputation: 491
Anytime an identity group dominates a field they censors dissenting views. In universities it is liberal academic types who control the dialogue, and in popular sports you can say "white boy" to someone, but dare say "black boy" and your head will get knocked to the ground. This is no different in the media industry, where a lot of Jews were the entrepreneurs and made connection with their other kinfolk. But this kind of "political correctness" is a disease for liberty. You have to speak up with courage and conviction, and even those doing the censoring might understand your point.
 
Old 10-18-2011, 09:54 AM
 
710 posts, read 1,320,012 times
Reputation: 726
It kinda makes you wonder why Jews were expelled from 129 different countries over the course of history. Its makes a good argument for why they were finally GIVEN their own state.
 
Old 10-18-2011, 09:55 AM
 
12,439 posts, read 10,258,967 times
Reputation: 3137
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDullesMJ12 View Post
Anytime an identity group dominates a field they censors dissenting views. In universities it is liberal academic types who control the dialogue, and in popular sports you can say "white boy" to someone, but dare say "black boy" and your head will get knocked to the ground. This is no different in the media industry, where a lot of Jews were the entrepreneurs and made connection with their other kinfolk. But this kind of "political correctness" is a disease for liberty. You have to speak up with courage and conviction, and even those doing the censoring might understand your point.
Well it is very difficult to make a movie to challenge the status quo, when there are those who have control of whether the movie will me made or not. Mel Gibson was able to do it with the passion of Christ, but he had to use his own money. Fortunately for him it was a great success, but he has been villified, some his on doing.
 
Old 10-18-2011, 09:55 AM
 
31,385 posts, read 31,950,620 times
Reputation: 14894
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
[url]Of course after he realized that all of the major movie studios are also owned by Jewish people he apologized...which is ironic.
What is ironic is that your anti-Semitism is a perfect match for Stones.

Sony, a well known Jewish corporation which owns Columbia, MGM
NBC Universal owned by Comcast and General Electric

Paramount, CEO Brad Grey (clearly Jewish)

20th Century FOX, you know Fox as in Rabbi Rupert "Fox" Murdoch
 
Old 10-18-2011, 09:57 AM
 
31,385 posts, read 31,950,620 times
Reputation: 14894
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Well it is very difficult to make a movie to challenge the status quo,
Challenge the status quo? Is the a new way to say, acted like a monumentally bleeding anti-Semitic jerk?
 
Old 10-18-2011, 10:00 AM
 
12,439 posts, read 10,258,967 times
Reputation: 3137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
I used this once and I'll use it again...



Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I have no idea as what this is supposed to mean but the caricature is offensive.

What Stone wants to explore and discuss are the events that lead up to the rise of Hitler and how he was able to gain such support from many different sources. It is not to be means as a holocuast denial. Anyone who denies that it happened just are not looking at the facts, but he is saying that it should be put in context with the other terrible atrocities that were committed during the war.
 
Old 10-18-2011, 10:09 AM
 
710 posts, read 1,320,012 times
Reputation: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I have no idea as what this is supposed to mean but the caricature is offensive.

What Stone wants to explore and discuss are the events that lead up to the rise of Hitler and how he was able to gain such support from many different sources. It is not to be means as a holocuast denial. Anyone who denies that it happened just are not looking at the facts, but he is saying that it should be put in context with the other terrible atrocities that were committed during the war.
After reading your comment I decided to delete my previous comment and approach this topic from a more critical POV. Since this topic is really like shooting fish in a barrel.
 
Old 10-18-2011, 10:13 AM
 
3,704 posts, read 4,252,549 times
Reputation: 2234
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I have no idea as what this is supposed to mean but the caricature is offensive.

The caricature is a parody of anti-Semitic cartoons. I personally know the guy who drew it. He's a lot of things (including a Communist, no really), but he is not anti-Semitic. He drew it in a response to anti-Semitic conspiracy theories and those who spout them. A few posters on this site come to mind...

What Stone wants to explore and discuss are the events that lead up to the rise of Hitler and how he was able to gain such support from many different sources. It is not to be means as a holocuast denial. Anyone who denies that it happened just are not looking at the facts, but he is saying that it should be put in context with the other terrible atrocities that were committed during the war.

I know Oliver Stone. He might be a Holocaust Denier, but I bet his "exploration" will involve Hitler's bitterness towards Jewish bankers who lead to World War One. The man is a kook. A paranoid kook who will lie (like in JFK) when the facts don't match up with the fantasy world in his head.

Funny thing is his best films are enjoyed by those who took the opposite message of what he was trying to portray. Stock brokers love Wall Street and Platoon is very popular among members of the military.
My text is in bold.
 
Old 10-18-2011, 10:14 AM
 
813 posts, read 697,211 times
Reputation: 491
Is there any occasion where criticizing a certain group of Jews or Israel is NOT considered antisemitism?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top