Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 09:28 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,523,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
Given their track record we shouldn't be placing children anywhere near catholics.
In general...I tend to agree.

A link from the Child Welfare League Of America reiterating gay couples are capable parents.

https://www.cwla.org/programs/culture/glbtqposition.htm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2011, 09:55 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,917 times
Homosexual couples are not infertile - they've merely chosen life partners who don't have the right parts to get the job done. I see no reason why they should be allowed to adopt. Children need a mother and a father, period.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:07 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,481,719 times
Since homosexuality is a sin, why on Earth would the Catholic Church allow men who practice sodomy to adopt a kid who will get screwed up in time? How would you like to be a kid in school, and get teased about your Dad Blank^ng another man? Can you imagine a kid having to listen to two guys grunting in the other room? Homosexuals should be ashamed of themselves.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:09 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,097,108 times
Repeat, Illinois is Greece, were broke, we cant afford anything because were the most corrupt liberal state in the country...

11,531 posts, read 10,289,340 times
Yes, we wouldn't want to place abandoned babies in gay homes because lord knows what would happen to them.

488 posts, read 554,784 times
So it's either force a religious organization to turn their back on their beliefs (which wont, and shouldn't, happen) or cut their funding, thus diminishing their capacity to help and place children into homes. That makes a lot of sense.

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 10-20-2011 at 09:56 AM.. Reason: Discuss topic, not poster

Old 10-18-2011, 10:23 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,897,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Homosexual couples are not infertile - they've merely chosen life partners who don't have the right parts to get the job done. I see no reason why they should be allowed to adopt. Children need a mother and a father, period.
Get ready to feel like the fool you are:
If a man and a woman want to have a kid, but can't because someone is sterile.. well, I guess they don't have the parts to get it done.

But I'm sure "it's different". You don't think it should be allowed simply because of your own personal insecurity. If kids end up with a great family, who CARES who raised them? To be honest, I feel bad for kids who come from families with view points like you. You are bringing down the curve for the human race, and your kids will pick it up and sound just as foolish.

Just because YOU disagree, doesn't mean it's wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Since homosexuality is a sin, why on Earth would the Catholic Church allow men who practice sodomy to adopt a kid who will get screwed up in time? How would you like to be a kid in school, and get teased about your Dad Blank^ng another man? Can you imagine a kid having to listen to two guys grunting in the other room? Homosexuals should be ashamed of themselves.
You should also get ready to feel like the fool that you are, too.

1) Sin is irrelevant. Some of us have evolved beyond Santa Claus for adults and don't buy into that sin crap. Because not everyone is of the same religion, using something from your religion makes your point invalid.

2. So, sodomy huh? 2 women don't "practice" sodomy .. so what's the "excuse" for them. Hmm?

3. Your right. Kids will tease kids about everything. You know who teases those kids? Your kids. Look in the mirror. Look at you and your spouse. If you have kids, think about what THEIR classmates are saying about the 2 of you. I sure hope you are average sized, thin, sexy, attractive, rich people.. if not, those kids are teasing your kids because "Your mom is a whale" or "your dad looks like a bum"

4. I lived at home until I was 23 and I never heard my parents boing. This will always be different for people .. and guess what? That kid won't be "ashamed" because that kid grew up in an open minded household where they look at "OMG 2 DADS" and freak out. They will be sickened because he or she heard their parents have sex. We all would feel sick over our parents banging each other. YUCK.

5. You should feel ashamed of YOUR self. You are a disgrace as a human being if you think 2 men or 2 women raising kids that a heterosexual couple got rid of is a bad thing.Hmm.. bet you didn't think about that. I'm sure you are probably pro-life, eh? So let's not kill the babies, let them grow up in an orphanage all alone? That sounds awesome!! Again, you might want to think about "who should be ashamed" of themselves.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:50 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
Get ready to feel like the fool you are:
If a man and a woman want to have a kid, but can't because someone is sterile.. well, I guess they don't have the parts to get it done.

But I'm sure "it's different". You don't think it should be allowed simply because of your own personal insecurity. If kids end up with a great family, who CARES who raised them? To be honest, I feel bad for kids who come from families with view points like you. You are bringing down the curve for the human race, and your kids will pick it up and sound just as foolish.

Just because YOU disagree, doesn't mean it's wrong.
A man and a woman who cannot have a child are INFERTILE. It is a medical condition, something beyond their control. They may take advantage of medical technology or they may choose to adopt. In any event, they are providing a child with a mother and a father. This is extremely important. Yes there are single parents who do a fine job raising their children but the children know that they have both a mother and a father, even if there is divorce or death. I am not a fan of using the exception to prove the rule - two opposite sex parents are the rule and have the best chance of providing a child with a stable home life. When single parents are able to achieve this, that is the exception (and more power to them, but almost every single parent will say he/she wishes to share parenting responsibilities with a partner).

Homosexuals who cannot procreate are NOT infertile. They simply are lacking something critical. It is not normal to have same sex parents. No vulnerable child should be left in that situation. And the Catholic church should not be forced to do something that goes against its principles.

Old 10-18-2011, 11:04 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,321,979 times
Well according to almost all Christian religions, homosexuality is an abomination and a sin. So, of course churches or religious settings should have the right to not allow homosexuals to adopt children. I don't understand why this upsets you so much OP.

Old 10-18-2011, 11:10 PM

769 posts, read 1,013,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
Given their track record we shouldn't be placing children anywhere near catholics.
haha bingo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies