Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 05:28 PM

269 posts, read 255,956 times

Advertisements

Saying "homosexuality is wrong" is akin to saying blond hair is wrong. Rain is wrong. Gasoline is wrong.

I don't know anyone who ask individuals who say "homosexuality is wrong" to give their 2 cents. No-one cares what you find wrong. Your disapproval changes nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2011, 05:32 PM

Oh, and no, homophobes do not have gay friends. In fact, the people you think are your gay friends resent you and talk s**t behind your backs. I love how you bigots think you can talk crap about the gay community, yet you want to befriend gay people and be buddy buddy, and act as if you're totally innocent, and everything is just totally cool. Please. Gay people have dignity. They aren't seeking nor really befriending those who DO NOT support nor like them for who they are, nor are any of you REAL friends.

Old 10-19-2011, 05:40 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,322,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101flyboy View Post
Oh, and no, homophobes do not have gay friends. In fact, the people you think are your gay friends resent you and talk s**t behind your backs. I love how you bigots think you can talk crap about the gay community, yet you want to befriend gay people and be buddy buddy, and act as if you're totally innocent, and everything is just totally cool. Please. Gay people have dignity. They aren't seeking nor really befriending those who DO NOT support nor like them for who they are, nor are any of you REAL friends.
You don't know anything about me or my friends. One of my best friends is a lesbian, we've been friends since we were 8 years old. Why are you being judgmental about something that you know nothing about?

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 10-20-2011 at 09:58 AM.. Reason: Discuss topic, not poster

Old 10-19-2011, 05:50 PM

A real friend accepts their friends for who they are.

And, again, I'm simply saying what gay people say when they aren't around the people who desperately want to believe they're not bigots by hanging around gay/lesbian people, and people who love gay culture but are anti-gay overall. They do not like people who say their sexuality is wrong. They resent and look down on people like this, and also feel rejected and sad because someone who fronts like they are their friend really isn't. I'm not even speaking about any one person individually, but OVERALL, no, gay people will not befriend and are not OK with those who hold anti-gay positions, nor should they be.

Old 10-19-2011, 05:59 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
What's really a shame is that Catholic Charities which has centuries of experience placing orphaned and abandoned kids into private loving homes is unable to do so now because of the agenda of a minority of 1% of the population.
If you think only 1% of the population thinks gays would make great parents, think again.

Old 10-19-2011, 06:06 PM

488 posts, read 554,859 times
Quote:
No. It's time to stop this BS "respect their beliefs" nonsense. Their beliefs are bigoted, and not all beliefs are equal, so no, I do not respect their beliefs that it's OK to discriminate against perfectly healthy and legitimate couples solely because of their gender combination. NO OTHER GROUP would this be a controversy, but somehow, someway, there are still excuses made for anti-gay animus, which is all this is. There is no other group, not even atheists, not even Latinos, people these conservatives on many occasions have railed against, that are being targeted in such a manner. They are ATTACKING gay/lesbian couples and hiding behind the guise of religion in doing so. They'll have to follow the laws like everyone else, instead of whining for special laws, which they say gay/lesbian couples are supposedly attaining.
Again, you ignored my question...

Is it better for society that we cut funding and shut down adoption agencies because they will not adopt to a small percentage of couples? Is it better for the children that need to be adopted out that their agency adopts to 98% of couples, or none at all because politicians and the LGBT community are taking an all or nothing approach?

Old 10-19-2011, 06:12 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,023 times
who cares what the catholic church wants or thinks? they're stupid kid fondlers..
they shouldn't be allowed to govern over any adoptions PERIOD.. thats a civil matter NOT religion.. if they want to HELP the cause, then they must adhere to civil/secular arrangements. Just because you HELP the cause doesn't mean you get to impose your disgusting religious beliefs upon the children you help or the adults that want to help them. You should just be helping children find loving parents and shutting the hell up with your jesus crap. If you can't do that.. then p*ss off and let an impartial agency handle it.

Old 10-19-2011, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill80 View Post
Again, you ignored my question...

Is it better for society that we cut funding and shut down adoption agencies because they will not adopt to a small percentage of couples? Is it better for the children that need to be adopted out that their agency adopts to 98% of couples, or none at all because politicians and the LGBT community are taking an all or nothing approach?
It's best for society that everyone either follows the rules, or suffers the consequences, instead of creating special rules for people who believe they have deserving special circumstances for these rules.

Old 10-19-2011, 06:31 PM

488 posts, read 554,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
they shouldn't be allowed to govern over any adoptions PERIOD.. thats a civil matter NOT religion.. if they want to HELP the cause, then they must adhere to civil/secular arrangements. Just because you HELP the cause doesn't mean you get to impose your disgusting religious beliefs upon the children you help or the adults that want to help them. You should just be helping children find loving parents and shutting the hell up with your jesus crap. If you can't do that.. then p*ss off and let an impartial agency handle it.
Another all or nothing solution. So it's more important to society and the children that the organizations be forced to adopt to 2% of couples against their religious beliefs?

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 10-20-2011 at 09:59 AM.. Reason: Discuss topic, not poster

Old 10-19-2011, 06:32 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,739,792 times
Quote:
Not everyone will agree with you? Agree? There isn't any agree or disagree here. There is a simple question, are you homophobic? Or not? And that's pretty much what this comes down to. Because what you're doing is simple, you're hating people solely for who they are, period. How can one disapprove of an attraction? Really? An ATTRACTION? Something someone can't control? Something that a person is born as?

That's the type of hate we're seeing now. People who hate solely because a person is born a certain way. I don't see that with pedophiles, because people aren't labeled as pedophiles until they actually do something to a child which creates disapproval. On the other hand, gay people are instantly labeled and then castigated. Of course, attraction to a same-sex adult human being and attraction to CHILDREN as an adult are apples and oranges.
No. I don't "hate" homos. I just disapprove of their lifestyle and how they always seem to want attention. There are many reasons to not agree with homos. Grown men wearing pink fairy tutu's does not help the gay rights cause either.

It is funny how you just see being gay as an attraction. Nothing is wrong with an attraction, just that gays know that they are wrong. Pedophilia is also an attraction, if you want to accept gay being just an attraction then you might as well accept pedos. Face it, the two groups are both in the same boat. Pedos are sexually attracted to children same as gays are attracted to the same sex. How are they not similar. And they are both wrong, period.

Religion is widely accepted as most people follow some type of religion. Being gay is an abomination and therefore not generally accepted., You gays should be lucky that you even live in America because gays in other countries are being killed just for their orientation.

Why don't you put down your ugly rainbow flags and go speak out to those countries? Also no one said a gay couple HAS to live in Illinois. You can move so you can adopt and brainwash all the kids you want. No one is stopping you. Be an ADULT and not a WHINY CRYBABY and get up and move. You gays really take living in ol bigoted, homophobic America for granted.

Quote:
BTW, gay teens commit suicide because of people like you who will not allow them to live their lives in peace, and people like you who go out of their way to put down people, who have done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to earn such negativity railed against them. Nothing. Add that onto the fact LGBT individuals are a minority to begin with, so you have a lot of people feeling alone, misunderstood and ostracized. And why is that? Solely because they happen to be gay. Yeah. Not personality. Not behavior. Not character. But sexual orientation.
Anyone can live their lives in peace, i am not stopping anyone. The teen knew that he/she is wrong. I accept homosexuality, but i do not tolerate it. Accepting is living with the fact that some people are mysteriously "born gay" which makes it a mental disorder or are quickly buying into the fad of being gay. I also have found out that atheist homos also tend to be bigoted against Christians and other religions yet they preach on and on about being tolerant of others. I, as well as many others, will never tolerate homosexuality and will never think of it as normal. it is just not right. I don't think they should be adopting kids they would not even need to if being gay was natural. Men are supposed to get women pregnant, case closed. I hate it when gay people then say that old people cannot have babies, that is a natural part of life, which is aging. Being gay is not since they cannot reproduce even if they wanted to.

Stop acting like people like me are holding gays down. no one is stopping anyone from being gay. You already know that being gay is a negative trait, if it weren't we would not even be discussing this right now.

Quote:
You really don't have an argument outside of "strange and bizarre", "it's wrong", and "it's not natural". None of which are true, BTW. None of which are true whatsoever, since you obviously cannot back your words up. This comes down to you hating people solely for who they are, because YOU can't wrap around the fact some people aren't straight. Maybe you should stop blaming gay people for your own SELF-CREATED issues.
Maybe you should stop blaming the "homophobes" and move on. You know being gay is immoral both towards the general society and in many religions. You just do not want to accept it. No one's opinion is wrong or better than anyone else's because they are solely that, opinions. The facts are gays cannot reproduce, even children know something is strange about being gay, men wearing dresses and women acting like men are not natural in my book. I don't think anyone who has a mental disorder such as being gay or transgender(which is really a mental disorder) to be raising children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies