Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 09:03 PM

7,928 posts, read 9,150,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
In single payer Medicare for all system that is covered under the same program.

Are you really that slow?
You are talking about some hypothetical situation proposed by a group of people that has little to no chance of passing. I,m talking about the realities of today,s existing programs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2011, 09:06 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,946,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I don't recall the Public Option, as proposed in the early healthcare debate, as replacing Medicaid. The public option was intended to be a single-payor option, just like OWS is wishing for now, but now they are calling for the elimination of Medicaid.

Can you provide proof that Medicaid was going to disappear as part of Obamacare? If not, does that mean you're slow?
I believe they are asking for Universal Healthcare. You would not need medicaid if everyone one is covered. They are not asking for a public option. There would be not option...you would be covered. Your option would be a private option that you would have to pay for in addition to being covered by universal coverage. You know similar to Britain.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:12 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,208,767 times
Quote:
Straight from the horses mouth. A single payer system and no Medicaid.

But when the Tea Party calls for REFORM, all we hear are cries of "you hate poor people!"

Anyone on the Left care to explain this particular nugget? Reform is problematic when it comes from conservatives, but not when its OWS/99%?

Do you support this or not?

https://sites.google.com/site/the99percentdeclaration/
I can make a website that says anything. This is bogus. I call BS on your link... but will give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't know it was BS. BC even though we don't always agree, I don't think you would post BS knowingly.

Old 10-19-2011, 10:36 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
Roy, where is there anything said about doing away with Congress?
When Obama skirts the Congress in any of the ways he has tried to do it he is making them totally irrelevant. These people are calling on a group that only Congress can call on to do something that is totally unconstitutional. If they want this group to work then they need to get Congress to call the meeting.

While you were learning to dunk you should have spent some of the time learning about our Constitution. It isn't too late, though.

Old 10-19-2011, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
In single payer Medicare for all system that is covered under the same program.

Are you really that slow?
How do you propose to pay that single payer crap? We have a large group of non-income tax payers who will get money from that form. How do the rest of us keep them going and pay for everything else too? Do you have any idea what would happen if we had the government paying the whole medical bill? I think that few, if any, of you have any idea what you are calling for.

Old 10-19-2011, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I believe they are asking for Universal Healthcare. You would not need medicaid if everyone one is covered. They are not asking for a public option. There would be not option...you would be covered. Your option would be a private option that you would have to pay for in addition to being covered by universal coverage. You know similar to Britain.
How do we of the 53% manage to pay for everybody as equals when nearly half of us don't pay any income taxes?

Old 10-19-2011, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Bloom View Post
I can make a website that says anything. This is bogus. I call BS on your link... but will give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't know it was BS. BC even though we don't always agree, I don't think you would post BS knowingly.
I think you may find that some lefty posted the very same link as the OP here. Either someone is lying or neither is. I plan to go to that website and tell them what I think of their plan.

Old 10-19-2011, 10:52 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Quote:
Straight from the horses mouth. A single payer system and no Medicaid.

But when the Tea Party calls for REFORM, all we hear are cries of "you hate poor people!"
Aero, Aero, Aero, surely you can be this confused...

Old 10-20-2011, 12:38 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,939,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
When Obama skirts the Congress in any of the ways he has tried to do it he is making them totally irrelevant. These people are calling on a group that only Congress can call on to do something that is totally unconstitutional. If they want this group to work then they need to get Congress to call the meeting.

While you were learning to dunk you should have spent some of the time learning about our Constitution. It isn't too late, though.
You have not answered my question. Where does it say they want to do away with Congress. Just cite something.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:51 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,631,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
You don't know the difference between Medicare and Medicaid. Medicaid covers things that Medicare doesn't: long term care in both home settings and nursing homes for both adults and children, school based therapies for handicapped children, and certain programs that cover home modifications for handicapped children. Medicare covers only short term episodes of care.

What happens to those handicapped children and adults if Medicaid is ended? Medicare doesn't provide what they need.

You're correct. I think a lot of people on here don't have a clear understanding of the differences between the two and are using Medicare and Medicaid interchangeably.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies