U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 08:51 PM

19,020 posts, read 25,502,687 times

Advertisements

They could have killed 20 people instead of those 20 Bengal tigers.

I was outraged and terribly devastated that the tools had to kill the animals for no fault of theirs. Shameful and appalling

They can even kill me, if that can substitute for the life of a Bengal tiger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2011, 08:54 PM

28,206 posts, read 20,695,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
They could have killed 20 people instead of those 20 Bengal tigers.

I was outraged and terribly devastated that the tools had to kill the animals for no fault of theirs. Shameful and appalling

They can even kill me, if that can substitute for the life of a Bengal tiger.
No, sorry. I don't believe animals are equal to humans. Why don't you call the cops in Ohio? I believe there is a Hep B+ monkey still hangin' around that you can still take the place of.

Old 10-19-2011, 08:55 PM

9,881 posts, read 9,026,414 times
I seriously doubt anyone enjoyed having to shoot these animals. It was a necessary evil caused by a sick man.

Old 10-19-2011, 08:59 PM

20,310 posts, read 19,434,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Imagine the logistics of getting people out of that town, with wild animals prowling about. Not an effective solution.
Imagine the headlines 4 yearold child mauled , partially eaten by Tiger, Bear, Lion.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:02 PM

19,020 posts, read 25,502,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
No, sorry. I don't believe animals are equal to humans. Why don't you call the cops in Ohio? I believe there is a Hep B+ monkey still hangin' around that you can still take the place of.
Only 1500 tigers left in the wild, and the best these fat, dumb cops can do is shoot them all up??

That's right. That's 10 hours a day spent in dunkin donuts and belt notches increasing, the last thing modern policemen want to do is end up having to run in the middle of their permanent pregnancies.

This is a sad case of human encroachment and an arrogance towards animalkind.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:06 PM

86,093 posts, read 72,370,071 times
Quote:
Only 1500 tigers left in the wild, and the best these fat, dumb cops can do is shoot them all up??

That's right. That's 10 hours a day spent in dunkin donuts and belt notches increasing, the last thing modern policemen want to do is end up having to run in the middle of their permanent pregnancies.

Are you serious ? Bengal tigers set loose in a community and you say it's "human encroachment" ?

Even the Humane Society condoned it given the circumstances.
Just suck it up and move on. It is what it is. Not the greatest story to be told but they did what they had to in order to protect INNOCENT PEOPLE who had no part in it.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:

Oh gosh. The donut eating cop jokes are really old. Need to come up with something new.

Fat dumb cops? Wow! So, tell me who do you call when you are in trouble?

This is a sad case of a man who was mentally ill and for as-yet-unknown reasons decided to allow his menagerie free to wreak havoc.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Are you serious ? Bengal tigers set loose in a community and you say it's "human encroachment" ?

Even the Humane Society condoned it given the circumstances.
Just suck it up and move on. It is what it is. Not the greatest story to be told but they did what they had to in order to protect INNOCENT PEOPLE who had no part in it.
Um, duh! Obviously the people in that Ohio town should have laid themselves on the altar of sacrifice for those wild animals. Anything less is encroachment and arrogance.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:14 PM

20,310 posts, read 19,434,727 times
Quote:

Uhmmm Bengal Tigers are not native to the USA.
Ever seen a tiger up close? I had the honor of petting a Tiger in Thailand. They are dangerous, an apex predator. To have them running loose in a community is unthinkable.
Its easy to say those cops could have or should have. Let those who think it an easy task try it themselves.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:19 PM

6,851 posts, read 9,250,758 times
Good thing that the little bear cub we saw on the news crawling around in the produce department of a grocery store didn't have a cop near by on patrol with an M-16 It wouldn't have turned out very well for the bear.
It was grabbed by the neck by a store customer and thrown outside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies