U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2011, 02:55 PM

44,924 posts, read 28,238,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I won't forget anything.

And i refuse to be paranoid. And i will completely ignore anti-Muslim sentiment here in this country because i see no good reason for it.
Do you see a lot of Muslims really assimilating? Do they dress in western clothes when they go to the mosque? It is their refusal to assimilate that bothers me just like the numbers of illegals that have settled in the area around me. Our Mexican people who have lived here all their lives and come from those who came here in the late 19th century don't like that part either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 02:59 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,492,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
However, when that 2% has up to 8 children per family of up to 4 wives soon they can outnumber those of us who average less than 2 children per family much sooner than you think about.
I do not care one whit what race or color dominates (by population) this planet as long as the people ruling don't include religious fanatics who want this planet ruled by superstition or anarcho-capitalists who produce fascism or nihilistic warmongers who don't care much about anything but their small group. The Muslim population growth is a concern, only because Muslims do want to see a Muslim world, and that can be attained by producing lots of children who are indocrinated into the Muslim religion. But, White Christians want a White Christian world, and religious Jews want a Jewish world.

I don't want any of it.

Where do I fit in, and what happened to freedom, liberty, and justice for all?

Here is a link and an excerpt that explains Muslim growth:The Future of the Global Muslim Population - Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life

The world’s Muslim population is expected to increase by about 35% in the next 20 years, rising from 1.6 billion in 2010 to 2.2 billion by 2030, according to new population projections by the Pew Research Center’s Forum on Religion & Public Life.

Globally, the Muslim population is forecast to grow at about twice the rate of the non-Muslim population over the next two decades – an average annual growth rate of 1.5% for Muslims, compared with 0.7% for non-Muslims. If current trends continue, Muslims will make up 26.4% of the world’s total projected population of 8.3 billion in 2030, up from 23.4% of the estimated 2010 world population of 6.9 billion.

Old 10-20-2011, 03:03 PM

8,566 posts, read 6,154,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
They would have to be so numerous that they could amend or delete the first amendment.

This is another common misconception among a lot of people, but especially on the extreme Right: they don't understand that constitutional rights are not subject to the whim of the majority.

So even in places where Muslims enjoy an actual majority, they couldn't institute Sharia even if they wanted to and had the votes for it.
Your position is comical, Strel.

You sound as though you see the Constitution as Gort in the 1951 version of The Day the Earth Stood still....an indestructible force that stands ready to act automatically against and vaporize any challenge to its omnipotent power. The sad reality is that GWB wasn't far from being right. The Constitution today is a tattered and frail piece of paper that way too few understand or care about any more.

And judges and juries aren't the slightest bit political, are they? Perhaps in your world justice is dispensed by a mechanical contraption sealed deep inside Cheyenne mountain and impervious to the ebb and flow of human whim and fantasy? Not so in the real world, I'm afraid. One of the most influential forces on American lives and in American justice today is the PC police....a mere concept....a concept that controls the speech and the decisions/actions of millions with only a tiny fraction of it written into law.

Not only can it happen - it will happen....unless we summon the collective courage to abruptly change course.

Old 10-20-2011, 03:07 PM

3,502 posts, read 1,821,962 times
Quote:
However, when that 2% has up to 8 children per family of up to 4 wives soon they can outnumber those of us who average less than 2 children per family much sooner than you think about.
In 10 years their population has gone from 1% to 1.7%. Not much chance of them outnumbering "us" Not to mention that many Christians also tend to have large families.

Old 10-20-2011, 03:07 PM

50,741 posts, read 26,752,776 times
Quote:
Do you see a lot of Muslims really assimilating? Do they dress in western clothes when they go to the mosque? It is their refusal to assimilate that bothers me just like the numbers of illegals that have settled in the area around me. Our Mexican people who have lived here all their lives and come from those who came here in the late 19th century don't like that part either.
Yea..i do see them assimilating. You don't?

And why is how they dress to go to mosque an issue?

Old 10-20-2011, 03:10 PM

55,668 posts, read 74,655,684 times
sharia law can be a good thing. its the opposite of letting gangbangers run detroit.
here is the bad part--- like any law, sharia law gets selectively enforced.
the world is in sore need of justice. as an american, i feel justice is not letting the guilty go free, that is our sin here warehousing the guilty is not punishment.

Old 10-20-2011, 03:40 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,492,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
sharia law can be a good thing. its the opposite of letting gangbangers run detroit.
here is the bad part--- like any law, sharia law gets selectively enforced.
the world is in sore need of justice. as an american, i feel justice is not letting the guilty go free, that is our sin here warehousing the guilty is not punishment.

Not letting the guilty go free...

Well, if we were to lock up all the guilty in the world, we might not have many free citizens left. What kinds of guilty are we talking about?

Old 10-20-2011, 03:43 PM

55,668 posts, read 74,655,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Not letting the guilty go free...

Well, if we were to lock up all the guilty in the world, we might not have many free citizens left. What kinds of guilty are we talking about?
who do you see as offensive to our community who has been charged and found guilty of violating our laws?

Old 10-20-2011, 03:50 PM

8,566 posts, read 6,154,246 times
Quote:
It seems to me that when either side says we are only doing what your people did some time ago they are talking get evens and saying your people did it so why can't ours.
Whatever, Roy. I just tried to explain that I don't play that game and that's not at all what I was saying.

My point was that the Constitution has been ignored and shredded by key players on both sides of the aisle for a long, long time. That's why it's toothless today and why it is laughable to assume that it will stand tall against the encroachment of Sharia for eternity, regardless of the fast changing political landscape we see around us.

The Constitution used to be powerful because it was taken seriously. Today's young adults have never seen a time where it was.

Old 10-20-2011, 03:52 PM

329 posts, read 225,680 times
I couldn't be bothered to read all this thread, to see if anyone has already mentioned this, but there are NO Sharia law controlled parts of London or elesewhere in the UK AFAIK.

The OP story is just about a handful of extremists who went around sticking those posters on lampposts etc in some streets in London a couple of months ago.

Honestly: some of you guys are so gulllible it's unbelievable. Why don't you spend a couple of seconds with Google before you post such garbage.

PS: if anyone wants to buy London Bridge, I can get you a great deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies