U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-21-2011, 12:54 PM
 
40,114 posts, read 24,358,043 times
Reputation: 12624

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
You first and no, you didn't watch the videos. Neither the U.S or England (per the video coverage) is tracking the groups. Several of the videos were not media generated.

One guy was a preacher dude. I call him a preacher, but I don't think the word preacher is what Islam would call him. He happens to think we place to much value on events like 9/11.

Again they are taking baby steps...no we won't find stoning people. Not yet any way. Oh and there was a poster that had already covered the judge ruling on the wife that must submit to her husband, that happened here in the U.S. That's the baby steps and if you don't know which post I am referring to, I'll scroll back and find the post.
One, you have no reason to say that I didn't watch the videos.

Two, you have no credible source to tell you that the intelligence services of the United States or En***** is not tracking these extremists.

Three, whether the videos were media-generated or not is irrelevant.

Four, your bias regarding the imam tells us about you. His bias regarding 9/11 tell us about him.

Five, the judge who cancelled a restraining order was overruled on appeal. The judge never ruled that a wife must submit to her husband. NEVER.

Six, the OP doesn't show a single instance of a Sharia court in England making a ruling that does not comply with the laws of ENGLAND.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-21-2011, 01:04 PM
 
Location: Right here; Right now
8,752 posts, read 4,440,009 times
Reputation: 1404
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
One, you have no reason to say that I didn't watch the videos.

Two, you have no credible source to tell you that the intelligence services of the United States or En***** is not tracking these extremists.

Three, whether the videos were media-generated or not is irrelevant.

Four, your bias regarding the imam tells us about you. His bias regarding 9/11 tell us about him.

Five, the judge who cancelled a restraining order was overruled on appeal. The judge never ruled that a wife must submit to her husband. NEVER.

Six, the OP doesn't show a single instance of a Sharia court in England making a ruling that does not comply with the laws of ENGLAND.
One, I could tell by the way your responded.
Two tells you didn't watch the london one or the US one.
Three, yes, because you can't say media biased.
Four, I only repeated what he said; I did that because of One.
Five, I knew that, good to know you do too.
PS Six, baby steps...

Now, are we going to have a sane conversation or are you going to continue with hyper vigilance?

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 10-21-2011 at 01:05 PM.. Reason: ps six
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2011, 01:12 PM
 
40,114 posts, read 24,358,043 times
Reputation: 12624
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
One, I could tell by the way your responded.
Two tells you didn't watch the london one or the US one.
Three, yes, because you can't say media biased.
Four, I only repeated what he said; I did that because of One.
Five, I knew that, good to know you do too.

Now, are we going to have a sane conversation or are you going to continue with hyper vigilance?
One, you're wrong.

Two, you seem to be confused. Who says American or English intelligence is NOT tracking these extremists, and how do they know? Hint: it's not someone actively in the intelligence community with sufficient rank to know.

Three, oh, please.

Four, oh, please. Your circular logic is irrational. I'm not afraid because I don't have any reason to be afraid. Your silly videos aren't going to change that, because they don't provide any reasons to be afraid. You still haven't provided any argument that would show that the wishes or prognostications in those videos have any hope of coming to fruition. You're afraid because someone offered empty threats?

Five, so, you offered a hearing on a restraining order as your proof of creeping Sharia law????

Six, put forth an actual argument, then we can have a "sane" and rational conversation. The I'm afraid because I'm afraid argument is neither sane nor rational.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2011, 04:35 PM
 
Location: Right here; Right now
8,752 posts, read 4,440,009 times
Reputation: 1404
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
One, you're wrong.

Two, you seem to be confused. Who says American or English intelligence is NOT tracking these extremists, and how do they know? Hint: it's not someone actively in the intelligence community with sufficient rank to know.

Three, oh, please.

Four, oh, please. Your circular logic is irrational. I'm not afraid because I don't have any reason to be afraid. Your silly videos aren't going to change that, because they don't provide any reasons to be afraid. You still haven't provided any argument that would show that the wishes or prognostications in those videos have any hope of coming to fruition. You're afraid because someone offered empty threats?

Five, so, you offered a hearing on a restraining order as your proof of creeping Sharia law????

Six, put forth an actual argument, then we can have a "sane" and rational conversation. The I'm afraid because I'm afraid argument is neither sane nor rational.
When did I ever say that I was afraid or that anyone else should be?

When people offer up information is the automatic response, to attack, the informer and call them afraid? Where is the logic or rational in that?

The American and England officials do not see the group organization Hizb ut-Tahrir as a group to be concerned about, however, the common people on the streets hold a different opinion. (view video(s) Hizb ut-Tahrir America, or London) So no, I do not believe they are tracking them. In fact I doubt they are paying any attention to them at all.

Some people don't want the opinions of the commoners on the street. They do not see their views as relevant to a conversation or that they can be a witness to anything that is just not quite right concerning their way of life or their country's laws.

Here I am talking with a person who says that all that I bring to the topic is irrelevant. So...I'm done here. If you do not see the evidence that Sharia Law is creeping into America or London...good for you, bad for American Muslims who came here to escape.

Don't read the literature

London Hizb ut Tahrir Ban Attempt - YouTube

And pay no attention to the conferences:

Press Conference Hizb ut Tahrir America Khilafah Conference 2009 USA - YouTube

After all, Free Speech, yes...it is constitutional. There is one place that this group or any group with these types of agenda is not wanted and will not be tolerated and that is at the Muslim Mosques.

What is their agenda? Read about it here: Khilafah.com - Building a global movement for Khilafah
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2011, 04:39 PM
 
Location: Florida
21,660 posts, read 11,125,856 times
Reputation: 7888
The muslims believe everyone that is born on the earth is born a muslim. If they are in another religion they are the infidel and the radical muslims believe that the infidels should be killed. The muslim religion can be very barbaric .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2011, 04:43 PM
 
Location: Florida
21,660 posts, read 11,125,856 times
Reputation: 7888
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Yes, I looked at your links. And found them to be irrelevant. The wishes of some Islamic extremists are just pipedreams. They don't engender fear in me, because the reality is that their wishes, no matter how fervently desired, are never going to come to fruition. They aren't going to blow open the doors of the White House. Have you seen the security at the White House?

And I'm glad, thrilled, that these extremists are stupid enough to identify themselves for our intelligence services, and to explicitly state their goals. It's so much easier to track the extremists who are media hounds and try to operate in the open, rather than the extremists who operate secretly.

If you care to make your argument, then you will need to explain in detail how the things you fear are going to come to fruition. How is Sharia law going to get past the Constitution in our country? You're afraid that Sharia law is, what? Going to order thieves to have their hands cut off? Or that adulterers are going to be stoned in the public square? And you think that a court in the United States ordering these things would actually get away with it, with ordering things that are explicitly against the law? So tell us what Sharia court in England has ordered these things done.

You pride yourself on research. So go to it. Find a Sharia court that has ruled in any way that wasn't compliant with the laws of England.
If the fourth plane on 9/11 wasn't taken down by the brave passengers, the doors of the white house could have been blown off .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2011, 07:40 PM
 
Location: Right here; Right now
8,752 posts, read 4,440,009 times
Reputation: 1404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
If the fourth plane on 9/11 wasn't taken down by the brave passengers, the doors of the white house could have been blown off .
They're not going to blow the doors off the Whitehouse, but plant a ME flag on the top of it instead. (twice I've heard reference to that)

Sharia for America Imam Choudary on CNN - YouTube


8:00 minutes into it:

Q. But you also want to impose Sharia Law, where you live, does that mean, does the work of a Muslim mean imposing sharia law on everyone who is not a Muslim including Americans?

A. It is justice for all mankind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2011, 08:17 PM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,924 posts, read 28,223,365 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
One, you have no reason to say that I didn't watch the videos.

Two, you have no credible source to tell you that the intelligence services of the United States or En***** is not tracking these extremists.

Three, whether the videos were media-generated or not is irrelevant.

Four, your bias regarding the imam tells us about you. His bias regarding 9/11 tell us about him.

Five, the judge who cancelled a restraining order was overruled on appeal. The judge never ruled that a wife must submit to her husband. NEVER.

Six, the OP doesn't show a single instance of a Sharia court in England making a ruling that does not comply with the laws of ENGLAND.
I may not be the OP but I found these examples of what has come to be in the UK up to now. Read either or both of them and find that what you wanted is there, like it or not.

Shariah Law in America: The Islamists' Plan To Destroy Us From Within - Chris Field

Sharia: a law unto itself? - Telegraph
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2011, 08:21 PM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,924 posts, read 28,223,365 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
When did I ever say that I was afraid or that anyone else should be?

When people offer up information is the automatic response, to attack, the informer and call them afraid? Where is the logic or rational in that?

The American and England officials do not see the group organization Hizb ut-Tahrir as a group to be concerned about, however, the common people on the streets hold a different opinion. (view video(s) Hizb ut-Tahrir America, or London) So no, I do not believe they are tracking them. In fact I doubt they are paying any attention to them at all.

Some people don't want the opinions of the commoners on the street. They do not see their views as relevant to a conversation or that they can be a witness to anything that is just not quite right concerning their way of life or their country's laws.

Here I am talking with a person who says that all that I bring to the topic is irrelevant. So...I'm done here. If you do not see the evidence that Sharia Law is creeping into America or London...good for you, bad for American Muslims who came here to escape.

Don't read the literature

London Hizb ut Tahrir Ban Attempt - YouTube

And pay no attention to the conferences:

Press Conference Hizb ut Tahrir America Khilafah Conference 2009 USA - YouTube

After all, Free Speech, yes...it is constitutional. There is one place that this group or any group with these types of agenda is not wanted and will not be tolerated and that is at the Muslim Mosques.

What is their agenda? Read about it here: Khilafah.com - Building a global movement for Khilafah
Many of the left lean don't like to see the word Khilafah. Also, they surely don't like Caliphate and its connection to Khilafah. Hang in there because I will side with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2011, 01:56 AM
 
11,535 posts, read 8,785,136 times
Reputation: 3580
If I were to add the number of Muslims I interact with on a daily basis, it's probably less than 5, and I live in a huge city.

The invasion has begun!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top