U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2011, 02:45 AM

8,743 posts, read 5,762,849 times

Advertisements

The next person who posts wins the hat!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2011, 03:16 AM

30,828 posts, read 31,668,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
If I were to add the number of Muslims I interact with on a daily basis, it's probably less than 5, and I live in a huge city.

The invasion has begun!!!!!
You had better keep your head in the sand...

Muslims promoting sharia believe that Islamic law must supersede the law of the land because sharia is divinely ordained and recognises no superior secular authority.

In both Britain and the US, there are now attempts to push back against the steady encroachment of sharia law. In the US, legislators in some 20 states are currently considering more than 40 bills that would ban or restrict the use of sharia law in their courts. Let UK Muslims enjoy freedom | The Jewish Chronicle

Number of U.S. Muslims to double - USATODAY.com

Old 10-22-2011, 08:42 AM

4,148 posts, read 4,705,844 times
Muslim extremists want it both ways. According to their law, women are second class citizens, and all gay people should be killed. If anyone disrupts this agenda, they will claim discrimination and use their US Constitutional right to sue any one who gets in their way. The far left will be on their side, unaware of many of their stances. We need to start acting now. Now more than ever, separate church and state!

Old 10-24-2011, 08:29 AM

40,015 posts, read 24,268,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I may not be the OP but I found these examples of what has come to be in the UK up to now. Read either or both of them and find that what you wanted is there, like it or not.

Shariah Law in America: The Islamists' Plan To Destroy Us From Within - Chris Field

Sharia: a law unto itself? - Telegraph
I suggest you re-read your links.

Because they clearly do not cite any instances of Sharia law being imposed by a Sharia court in violation of the laws of the host country. ZERO instances.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You had better keep your head in the sand...

Muslims promoting sharia believe that Islamic law must supersede the law of the land because sharia is divinely ordained and recognises no superior secular authority.

In both Britain and the US, there are now attempts to push back against the steady encroachment of sharia law. In the US, legislators in some 20 states are currently considering more than 40 bills that would ban or restrict the use of sharia law in their courts. Let UK Muslims enjoy freedom | The Jewish Chronicle

Number of U.S. Muslims to double - USATODAY.com
THe push back is FEAR, irrational FEAR, FEAR without any basis.

So what if some religious extremists want to impose their religion on the laws of the United States? THEY ALWAYS HAVE. The religious extremists who hanged witches, they didn't just go away. Fred Phelps isn't an isolated nutcase. There are many, many Christians who firstly like to think of our country as a Christian nation, not a secular one, and who actively support imposing Christian tenets into the legal code. The religion versus science conflicts aren't made of of Muslims who feel science challenges their religious beliefs, in this country it's many Christians who feel science challenges their religious beliefs, and want laws giving Christian beliefs the same weight as science. That's imposing their religion on the laws of the United States.

The Constitution forbids the government from passing laws that promote a particular religion, be that Christianity, Islam, or the Blue Neptune Club. And it forbids the government from passing laws that restrict a particular religion, be that Christianity, Islam, or the Pink Pluto Club. The Constitution is a powerful source of protection. But pass a law against a religion, and you've just taken away the power of the Constitution. That's not a good thing.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Muslim extremists want it both ways. According to their law, women are second class citizens, and all gay people should be killed. If anyone disrupts this agenda, they will claim discrimination and use their US Constitutional right to sue any one who gets in their way. The far left will be on their side, unaware of many of their stances. We need to start acting now. Now more than ever, separate church and state!
The left knows the stances of Islam. The left knows how women are treated in many Islamic nations, the left knows how gays are treated in Islamic nations. And the left knows that Muslims living in the United States cannot sue to be able to treat women as second-class citizens, they cannot sue to be able to kill homosexuals. They cannot sue to practice any religious tenets that do not comply with US laws. BECAUSE the Constitution already separates church and state.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:31 AM

7,901 posts, read 8,878,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Your position is comical, Strel.

You sound as though you see the Constitution as Gort in the 1951 version of The Day the Earth Stood still....an indestructible force that stands ready to act automatically against and vaporize any challenge to its omnipotent power. The sad reality is that GWB wasn't far from being right. The Constitution today is a tattered and frail piece of paper that way too few understand or care about any more.
Spare me, Chicken Little. Your projected fears don't work on me.

Quote:
And judges and juries aren't the slightest bit political, are they?
Of course they are, being comprised of humans. That's hardly relevant to this discussion, since it is a condition that exists in every context.

Quote:
Perhaps in your world justice is dispensed by a mechanical contraption sealed deep inside Cheyenne mountain and impervious to the ebb and flow of human whim and fantasy?

Mmmm no, I see it done in actual courtrooms.

Quote:
Not so in the real world, I'm afraid.

Like courtrooms?

Quote:
One of the most influential forces on American lives and in American justice today is the PC police....a mere concept....a concept that controls the speech and the decisions/actions of millions with only a tiny fraction of it written into law.

Quote:
Not only can it happen - it will happen....unless we summon the collective courage to abruptly change course.
I suggest you move to Antartica.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So what? That is your battle cry? LOL.

Let Sharia courts dictate marriage in the US.

Where both parties agree and it otherwise doesn't violate our laws, why not?

Quote:
That's ok with you?

It sure is, when done properly. In fact it's already being done, and has been done for a very long time.

This is not news.

Quote:
Forced marriag to minors fine with you?

No, and there's no reason to worry about it, either. Some aspects of Sharia law have been used in our legal system (just like lots of other foreign law, and again, this is not new) in areas like contracts and child custody where one parent is a foreigner.

Sheesh. This is nothing new, and nothing to get torqued about.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Keep believing that. Our own president doesn't enfore laws passed by congress which is his constitutional duty.
First, that's baloney. Second, even if true, it has no specific bearing on this issue.

It's a non-argument.

Quote:
Like I said feed the crocodile. Facts and reality are two different animals. If you don't think so maybe look outside at reality once in a while.
In other words, live in fear and ignorance.

No thanks.

Old 10-24-2011, 02:09 PM

8,481 posts, read 6,104,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Spare me, Chicken Little. Your projected fears don't work on me.

Of course they are, being comprised of humans. That's hardly relevant to this discussion, since it is a condition that exists in every context.

Mmmm no, I see it done in actual courtrooms.

Like courtrooms?

I suggest you move to Antartica.
Yes, I realize concerns well founded in human history bounce right off of ideologues, idealists, and those just too young to know any better.

Do you know what it takes to stop a 2 mile train? You are standing in the middle of the tracks and it is coming at you at full speed a ways off on the horizon. You don't wait 'til it's 50 feet away to try to stop it, son. Or do you think you'll stop it on a dime when you hold up the Constitution?

Fortunately, this thread confirms that there are many others of us that will be diligently working in the meantime to save you from your own PC paralysis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies