Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2011, 11:24 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,904,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Just because it has, to this point, conquered only a minority of the population like yourself and other sand-embedded minds made evident in this thread doesn't mean it is not a real threat. It most certainly is....and those of you who fervorishly attempt to wish it away make it bigger - much bigger - than a matter of Muslim population percentage.

In light of the way the left falls all over themselves supporting and defending Islam while attacking Christianity, half their battle..or more..is already won in America.

The second half will bear no resemblance to the first.
Wow, what a load. You go ahead and start worrying about that 1.7% of Muslim AMERICANS (20 YEARS FROM NOW), unlike you I do not have any irrational fears. Heck I am far more worried about some right-wing religious nut job and their Party taking over the USA and destroying it than a couple of American Muslims attempting impose Sharia law here. You, as most rghties do, mistake the left saying your fears are unfounded or that American Muslims have proven they are just as good of citizens as any other group as defending Islam and attacking Christians, NOTHING could be further from the truth. But then again, truth is not what your interested in, is it. As for the big talk at the end of your post, be careful what you wish for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2011, 11:27 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,904,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Alright then guys.

Let see your evidence of creeping Sharia. Let's see the cases. I've already debunked this whole issue in another thread, I guess I'll just cut and paste it here again.

When I say EVIDENCE I mean EVIDENCE. Some mad mullah's opinion or jihadi's wish list for what they would like to see is not evidence.

DC is correct in point out that much of the basis of your "concern" is what the Islamists want.

Who cares what they want. They can't get it. Therefore basing your fears on their subjective desires is just stupid.
You ask for far too much, besides for them evidence and facts are not requirements when making up their minds, propaganda, hate and fear are their driving forces.

Old 10-26-2011, 11:43 AM

15,755 posts, read 7,564,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
You clearly don't understand the law. A contract in the Middle East will often be in complete compliance with US law.

And there hasn't been a single instance of Sharia law that is not in compliance with American law being implemented in the United States. NOT ONE INSTANCE. And don't give me the shrivel about the restraining order in New Jersey. The judge was overruled, rightfully so, because he ignored the woman's reasonable belief that her husband was a threat, not because he was implementing Sharia.

Your baptismal argument is, frankly, stupid. Footbaths were installed. What are footbaths? Faucets at knee level with drains. Do Christians wash their feet? Do atheists wash their sporting equipment? If the baptismal is just another faucet that everyone can use, then no, there's no problem. If the baptismal is for the exclusive use of Christians, that's a problem. Do you not get it? Everyone can use the faucets at knee level. Everybody. So the faucets aren't religious. They are utilitarian. Now if a Catholic wants to use the faucet to get water for a christening ceremony, it doesn't make the faucet religious. And if a Muslim wants to use the faucet to wash his feet, it doesn't make the faucet religious.
No, I get it. I got it all along. I'm just amazed at the excuses people will come up with; in how they will justify one thing and not another. If a baptismal went in and people were getting baptized at a college, there would definitely be a hand raised on that Separation of Church and State, but no hand raised on the Separation of Mosque and State. (it is biblical though, it is all prophesied in the book and I am living long enough to watch it happen...amazed at that too.)

Anti-sharia laws stir concerns that halachah could be next | JTA - Jewish & Israel News

"sharia differs from halachah or Christian canon law because it sanctions jihad"

Old 10-26-2011, 11:45 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,812,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
No, I get it. I got it all along. I'm just amazed at the excuses people will come up with; in how they will justify one thing and not another. If a baptismal went in and people were getting baptized at a college, there would definitely be a hand raised on that Separation of Church and State, but no hand raised on the Separation of Mosque and State. (it is biblical though, it is all prophesied in the book and I am living long enough to watch it happen...amazed at that too.)

Anti-sharia laws stir concerns that halachah could be next | JTA - Jewish & Israel News

"sharia differs from halachah or Christian canon law because it sanctions jihad"
No, you don't get it. The footbaths are water faucets. Are the water faucets in your home religiously affiliated?

Old 10-26-2011, 12:27 PM

Quote:
No, you don't get it. The footbaths are water faucets. Are the water faucets in your home religiously affiliated?
Deflecting is good.

Old 10-26-2011, 12:30 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,112,474 times
Quote:

I think you just proved DC right, in that you seem to have no real understanding of the Establishment clause, and are woefully unfamiliar with efforts by the ACLU to stop Muslims from committing the same violations that fundamentalist Christians have been committing for decades.

Old 10-26-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Alright then guys.

Let see your evidence of creeping Sharia. Let's see the cases. I've already debunked this whole issue in another thread, I guess I'll just cut and paste it here again.

When I say EVIDENCE I mean EVIDENCE. Some mad mullah's opinion or jihadi's wish list for what they would like to see is not evidence.

DC is correct in point out that much of the basis of your "concern" is what the Islamists want.

Who cares what they want. They can't get it. Therefore basing your fears on their subjective desires is just stupid.
I gave my evidence. Those that know, know, those that don't will call it, a 'mad mullah's opinion'.

Old 10-26-2011, 12:33 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,812,481 times
Quote:
Deflecting is good.
Answering the question would be better.

Are the water faucets at your home religiously affiliated?

Old 10-26-2011, 12:35 PM

Quote:
I think you just proved DC right, in that you seem to have no real understanding of the Establishment clause, and are woefully unfamiliar with efforts by the ACLU to stop Muslims from committing the same violations that fundamentalist Christians have been committing for decades.
ACLU is out for money...and no they tend to stand up for state paying for Islam.

What part of

Shariamerica: Islam, Obama, and the Establishment Clause - YouTube

did you not get?

Old 10-26-2011, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Answering the question would be better.

Are the water faucets at your home religiously affiliated?
All of them have been blessed. Thank you for asking.

PS: I see you have yet to quote me text to show my evidence is fallible. This has been a one sided conversation where the only word you seem to have in your vocabulary is fear.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 10-26-2011 at 12:38 PM.. Reason: ps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies