U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2011, 09:05 AM

8,771 posts, read 4,445,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
You were done before you started.
At least I read and what others have to contribute, I'd read your stuff...but you haven't go anything....when you actually have something to discuss, then we can talk until then...you got nothing. I actually researched it and read, what did you do? You never answered my questions, you just blew them off, saying it had nothing to do with anything, without any specifics as to how that would be...again, you go nothing but empty words, and that is not very enlightening from where I sit.

PS: http://www.city-data.com/forum/21373486-post114.html

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 10-28-2011 at 09:05 AM.. Reason: ps
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2011, 09:08 AM

7,901 posts, read 8,901,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
At least I read and what others have to contribute, I'd read your stuff...but you haven't go anything....when you actually have something to discuss, then we can talk until then...you got nothing. I actually researched it and read, what did you do?
You researched YouTube.

I researched WestLaw.

That's the fundamental difference.

Quote:
You never answered my questions, you just blew them off, saying it had nothing to do with anything, without any specifics as to how that would be...again, you go nothing but empty words, and that is not very enlightening from where I sit.

You aren't informed enough about the law to ask valid questions.

Old 10-28-2011, 09:13 AM

Quote:
You researched YouTube.

I researched WestLaw.

That's the fundamental difference.

Put your money where you mouth is:
The Constitution Day Celebration Live Webcast

Old 10-28-2011, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Put your money where you mouth is:
The Constitution Day Celebration Live Webcast
No thanks, I'm all caught up on my CLE credits.

Old 10-28-2011, 11:08 AM

Quote:
No thanks, I'm all caught up on my CLE credits.
Quote:
How would you know? I could say the same about you because from what you have responded, you got nothing.

Valid question what about the youtube Sharia Law: Battlefield London presentation is invalid to this discussion staying with in the OP? What about this, Islamic Family Law is invalid to the discussion.
I have showed my homework, all you show is your opinion in regards to my homework, in which you state clearly you have no interest in looking at much less reading it. PS: So you have nothing but empty words, no substance other than an opinion, no court opinions.

Show the 'law', that disputes my posts, not your opinion.

Lets not forget the contents of this constitutional argument:

Shariamerica: Islam, Obama, and the Establishment Clause - YouTube

Which you are clearly not interested in, but will shoot it down, none-the-less.

Show me your best, researched WestLaw, that means to take the text from one and disputing it with the text from the other...and by one I mean, http://shariahinamericancourts.com/w...4_06212011.pdf starting on page, 29 and show were WestLaw from your findings disputes their findings on the 23 court hearings. Hint, using the word, ditto, is an invalid response to the contents.

Re clarify the argument so that we both know where we stand. In other words, step up your game or stop playing.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 10-28-2011 at 11:10 AM.. Reason: ps

Old 10-28-2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:
How would you know? I could say the same about you because from what you have responded, you got nothing.

Valid question what about the youtube Sharia Law: Battlefield London presentation is invalid to this discussion staying with in the OP? What about this, Islamic Family Law is invalid to the discussion.
I have showed my homework, all you show is your opinion in regards to my homework, in which you state clearly you have no interest in looking at much less reading it. PS: So you have nothing but empty words, no substance other than an opinion, no court opinions.

Show the 'law', that disputes my posts, not your opinion.

Lets not forget the contents of this constitutional argument:

Shariamerica: Islam, Obama, and the Establishment Clause - YouTube

Which you are clearly not interested in, but will shoot it down, none-the-less.

Show me your best, researched WestLaw, that means to take the text from one and disputing it with the text from the other...and by one I mean, http://shariahinamericancourts.com/w...4_06212011.pdf starting on page, 29 and show were WestLaw from your findings disputes their findings on the 23 court hearings. Hint, using the word, ditto, is an invalid response to the contents.

Re clarify the argument so that we both know where we stand. In other words, step up your game or stop playing.
The guy is wearing mittens.

FFS.

I stopped taking you seriously pages ago.

As for your PDF, I debunked that months ago in a thread with TRUEGRITT. Link is above.

Old 10-28-2011, 12:43 PM

40,150 posts, read 24,376,127 times
Quote:
At least I read and what others have to contribute, I'd read your stuff...but you haven't go anything....when you actually have something to discuss, then we can talk until then...you got nothing. I actually researched it and read, what did you do? You never answered my questions, you just blew them off, saying it had nothing to do with anything, without any specifics as to how that would be...again, you go nothing but empty words, and that is not very enlightening from where I sit.

I appreciate that you put effort into research, but your information sources are biased, and your research isn't to find out the facts, it's to support your bias.

Your questions did get answered.

And you didn't answer my questions.

You NEVER found a single instance of Sharia law being imposed in the United States in conflict with US legal code.

You've repeatedly offered up video clips and quotes of Muslims who want to impose Sharia law, and to you that warrants your "concern". But it's been explained to you why it shouldn't. Because the Constitution is such a bulwark against such intrusions that even in the face of a couple of centuries' worth of Fundamentalist Christian efforts, we've still managed to keep church and state relatively separate. If the religious majority hasn't been able to infuse the legal code with religious tenets, then a religious minority, a small religious minority, certainly isn't going to be able to.

Old 10-28-2011, 12:59 PM

Default Why

American Islamic Group Supports Oklahoma Ban on Foreign Laws Like Sharia | Video | TheBlaze.com
"The debate over Sharia law in America is taking some interesting twists and turns. In Oklahoma, courts are debating whether citizens have the right to ban Sharia law. And in Michigan, a group of Muslims have actually come out in strong opposition to Islamic law in America."

Why would American Muslims do that if, Sharia is not a collection of laws but a set of diversely interpreted guidelines for religious practice?

DC, Strel, your words are still empty.

Old 10-28-2011, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I appreciate that you put effort into research, but your information sources are biased, and your research isn't to find out the facts, it's to support your bias.

Your questions did get answered.

And you didn't answer my questions.

You NEVER found a single instance of Sharia law being imposed in the United States in conflict with US legal code.

You've repeatedly offered up video clips and quotes of Muslims who want to impose Sharia law, and to you that warrants your "concern". But it's been explained to you why it shouldn't. Because the Constitution is such a bulwark against such intrusions that even in the face of a couple of centuries' worth of Fundamentalist Christian efforts, we've still managed to keep church and state relatively separate. If the religious majority hasn't been able to infuse the legal code with religious tenets, then a religious minority, a small religious minority, certainly isn't going to be able to.
How are they not facts; be specific?

Old 10-28-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
The guy is wearing mittens.

FFS.

I stopped taking you seriously pages ago.

As for your PDF, I debunked that months ago in a thread with TRUEGRITT. Link is above.
That's the best debunk you got?

I have both sides of this argument where as you haven't even shown the one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies