U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 11:07 AM

4,166 posts, read 5,360,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Except for the N-word use and hiding under desks (I came of age in the 90s) your post is pretty much the same as my experience. Especially the very last part.

That's because in those days people actually cared about their country, unlike today when they'll happily sacrifice the country's well being for the sake of an idea. Sadly those days are gone.
I just want to see our country get back on its feet. I don't claim to have all of the answers. I really don't think there are any "easy answers!" I wish there were...I wish things were simple instead of so complex and complicated! I wish people could find a way to unite a little more and work together for the "common good." But these days seem long gone now. Sad! Now everyone pushes hard for their own agendas without giving a "hoot" about anyone else's side to the issues...Things have become so self-centered and even ruthless and "cut-throat" at times. It's like watching kids fighting and acting like bullies with each in a playground. Or watching chickens run around in a pen with their heads cut off. YUK!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2011, 11:21 AM

2,827 posts, read 3,750,794 times
I am still a conservative, but I am center-right rather than far right. I think what is disenchanting for me is alot of far right people feel everyone who disagrees with them, even if they generally bat for the same team, isn't simply wrong, but evil. Obama is wrong on alot of ideological fronts, but he's not the antichrist. And as an African-American, some commentary has left me uncomfortable on that front as well.

People on the Center-Right and Center-Left have been left abandoned. There's more choices out there than Bernie Sanders vs Duncan Hunter.

Old 02-06-2019, 06:28 AM

1,813 posts, read 710,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I agree with you with regardst to Vietnam.

The thing is it was started by liberals and ended by conservatives.
The anti-war protesters were conservatives?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies