Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 06:45 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times

Advertisements

I am a happy conservative. I tried the liberal way years ago and it was not rewarding at all. Now I know who I am and have peace, better judgement and less problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 06:50 PM

3,457 posts, read 3,622,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I am a happy conservative. I tried the liberal way years ago and it was not rewarding at all. Now I know who I am and have peace, better judgement and less problems.
sounds like a religion

we were methodists, republicans, and southern democrats before that. we were also huguenots, and vikings, and pedestrians.

Last edited by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus; 10-20-2011 at 06:59 PM..

Old 10-20-2011, 06:56 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,952,231 times
My entire family including 5 siblings and mom and dad used to be Democrats. We have all been so turned off by today's Democrat party that we now vote Republican exclusively for the most part.

The Democrats pander to special interests, fruitcakes, and the mooch class. They have little use for personal responsiblity, a good work ethic, and family/God/values.

I've always had these values and so has my immediate family. We didn't change, but the Democrats turned into an extreme left party that cares more about fringe issues, freaks, and people who don't work than it does about the middle class.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:06 PM

521 posts, read 466,965 times
So you guys got the liberal disease? I guess the only cure would be to leave America because the values of this country are based on conservative beliefs.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:15 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,510,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Scates View Post
So you guys got the liberal disease? I guess the only cure would be to leave America because the values of this country are based on conservative beliefs.
What is it lately with all this talk about the "Liberal Disease"? I've seen it mentioned by a good number of the right-wing partisans here. Was this a Talking Points Memo???

Old 10-20-2011, 07:29 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
^^Probably. Whenever you hear the same phrase over and over, be it a comparison of Sarah Palin with Ghandi, talk about universal health care being as efficient as the DMV, tallk about getting insurance when you're sick being like waiting till the house is on fire to buy fire insurance, etc, it came from Rush, FOX, etc. BTW, a while back there was a thread about waiting to pay one's fire company dues until the house was on fire, and many cons supported the homeowner.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:35 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by egamakaded idiut View Post
If so, what was the major turning point for you. It's just that both generally and personally, I always hear people converting the other way around as they get older. I myself voted for John Kerry in '04 at the ripe old age of 18(that's why 18-yr. olds shouldn't vote) and am so conservative now i vote Constitution Party (when possible).
It's very rare for one to become more liberal with age. Has to do with normal human development.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:37 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,970,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by egamakaded idiut View Post
If so, what was the major turning point for you. It's just that both generally and personally, I always hear people converting the other way around as they get older. I myself voted for John Kerry in '04 at the ripe old age of 18(that's why 18-yr. olds shouldn't vote) and am so conservative now i vote Constitution Party (when possible).
18 year olds shouldn't be allowed to vote? Uh, there has to be a line SOMEWHERE.

I'm 19 and I can probably make a more well-informed vote than most of those backcountry rednecks who know everything about nothing.

Cool logic, bro.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:37 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
It's very rare for one to become more liberal with age. Has to do with normal human development.
Actually, I know a number of people, including my own parents, who became more liberal with age.

Churchill never said it, BTW.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:38 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,955,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
But I suppose liberals who switched to conservatives are "trustworthy" then (i.e. David Duke, Bill Bennett, Rick Perry, etc.) ...?!
David Duke the liberal???? Hardly. Yes, he was a Democrat that became a Republican, but it can never be argued that he was a liberal...ever. You do know who he is, yes?

Democrat does not necessarily equal liberal (e.g. Sam Nunn) any more than Republican necessarily equals Conservative (e.g. John McCain)

Last edited by Fullback32; 10-20-2011 at 07:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies