U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 09:20 AM

10,588 posts, read 10,705,381 times

Advertisements

Yah one of my kids clued me in on this the other day..I suppose that in the west with the attempted socail engineering of de-sexing the genders - gay marriage and the exhaltation of gays to the level of social sophisticates - us common people are at a loss ....I would not blame NATO of this other than being facilitators - with intent or not - but this humiliation of a human being with Nato's support is not something that the west should be proud of...This type of revenge is common in the east...and the de-maning of men is common in the west also - at least in Lybia this barbarism is honest and not coloured by some sort of progessive non-sense as it is in North America and Europe. For centuries the act of sodomy is one of sadistic dis-empowerment - In the west they attempt to state that it is love - what a warped world we live in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 09:57 AM

19,715 posts, read 11,490,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Yah one of my kids clued me in on this the other day..I suppose that in the west with the attempted socail engineering of de-sexing the genders - gay marriage and the exhaltation of gays to the level of social sophisticates - us common people are at a loss ....I would not blame NATO of this other than being facilitators - with intent or not - but this humiliation of a human being with Nato's support is not something that the west should be proud of...This type of revenge is common in the east...and the de-maning of men is common in the west also - at least in Lybia this barbarism is honest and not coloured by some sort of progessive non-sense as it is in North America and Europe. For centuries the act of sodomy is one of sadistic dis-empowerment - In the west they attempt to state that it is love - what a warped world we live in.
The doctor said to take you medicine regularly and not skip a dose.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
The doctor said to take you medicine regularly and not skip a dose.
You my dear little friend are a disappointment...why is it that any forum I join there is always someone like you that parrots the same un-imaginative crap...eg..."don't forget to take your meds" - You would think that at least you could debate something intelligently instead of going the easy route wit this over used insult?

Just to clue you in - I don't take medications - nor do I have such faith in modern chemistry...apparently YOU do! also - I am 61 years old and have seen just about everything...and I bet you are some kid...that grew up chewing on Ritalin - who had parents that were inept.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Based on the lies they were told.
Political influence and power is always based on the deception of the people...after all most policials are lawyers - who for the most part are highly trained liars. Politics is theatre...and if you are even slightly aware - YOU will not take it seriously.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:18 AM

19,715 posts, read 11,490,605 times
Quote:
You my dear little friend are a disappointment...why is it that any forum I join there is always someone like you that parrots the same un-imaginative crap...eg..."don't forget to take your meds" - You would think that at least you could debate something intelligently instead of going the easy route wit this over used insult?

Just to clue you in - I don't take medications - nor do I have such faith in modern chemistry...apparently YOU do! also - I am 61 years old and have seen just about everything...and I bet you are some kid...that grew up chewing on Ritalin - who had parents that were inept.
So, I'm not alone in assuming that you ravings were due to mental disorder. Should tell you something, huh? But keep on ranting, it just furthers my point.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:26 AM

12,770 posts, read 9,785,056 times
Quote:
Political influence and power is always based on the deception of the people...after all most policials are lawyers - who for the most part are highly trained liars. Politics is theatre...and if you are even slightly aware - YOU will not take it seriously.
You are so right. I graduated with a degree in Criminal Justice with the idea that I could make a difference helping people. I found out it's a dog eat dog environment, where the most aggressive and most able to manipulate the facts, wins the game. It takes a special sort of personality to work in that system, big ego's, cold and calculating

Old 10-24-2011, 04:47 PM

17,027 posts, read 9,492,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
As I understand it, the US effort in Libya had diminished to nearly nothing beyond logistics by the time the rebels captured Qadaffi.

Should Obama get some credit for how he handled this situation?

Definitely. America doesn't have to be on the front line of every conflict in order to have a decisive effect.

But the kudos for overthrowing a terrorist dictator should go to the Libyan resistance. Those folks suffered under Qadaffi's yoke for decades. Now they have a chance to do things their way. We should applaud their efforts.

It will be interesting to see what the next 10 years bring.
I don't believe it will be very pretty.

Last edited by bluesjuke; 10-24-2011 at 04:55 PM..

Old 10-24-2011, 05:15 PM

12,770 posts, read 9,785,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
As I understand it, the US effort in Libya had diminished to nearly nothing beyond logistics by the time the rebels captured Qadaffi.

Should Obama get some credit for how he handled this situation?

Definitely. America doesn't have to be on the front line of every conflict in order to have a decisive effect.

But the kudos for overthrowing a terrorist dictator should go to the Libyan resistance. Those folks suffered under Qadaffi's yoke for decades. Now they have a chance to do things their way. We should applaud their efforts.
Wrong the rebel rats were the same people we are fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan, they will not represent the majority of Libyans. Libya has over a thousand tribes with vast expanses between them. It was a difficult challange for Gaddafi, it will be impossible for these Islam extremists to assert their will on this land. Civil strife and poverty is what they have to look forward to. The Jamihiriya loyalists will always fight these invaders. They want their country back.

In his book, "Winning Modern Wars," General Wesley Clark said Pentagon sources told him two months after 9/11 that war plans were being prepared against Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Iran, Somalia, Sudan and Libya. Months earlier, they were finalized against Afghanistan.
Planned Libyan Invasion By Stephen Lendman

Old 10-24-2011, 05:40 PM

15,924 posts, read 17,346,290 times
Nahhh, he's not captured but he is on display...

Muammar Gaddafi still on show, rotting

Quote:
Fighters guarding the darkening body and those of Gaddafi's son Mo'tassim and his former army chief had placed plastic sheeting under them as fluids leaked into the market cold store in Misrata where they had been taken after their capture and killing near Gaddafi's home town of Sirte on Thursday.

With the door constantly opening to allow a procession of onlookers, in a grim parody of the lying in state typically accorded to deceased leaders, the refrigeration unit was failing to prevent a rapid decomposition and guards handed out surgical face masks to visitors to shield them from the stench.
Muammar Gaddafi still on show, rotting as wrangling goes on - The Times of India (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/middle-east/Muammar-Gaddafi-still-on-show-rotting-as-wrangling-goes-on/articleshow/10477037.cms - broken link)

Old 10-24-2011, 09:06 PM

22,592 posts, read 12,260,293 times
Aha! Now it's not just Jew-hatred and anti-semitism but anti-gay homophobic bigotry as well.

I have news for you: Gaddafi had a flair for dressing in drag!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies