Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 12:40 AM

998 posts, read 1,211,194 times

Advertisements

The richest people in the USA are DEMOCRATS.

The richest Congressmen are DEMOCRATS.

DEMOCRAT Obama raked in the most money ever from Wallstreet Bankers.

The DEMOCRATS always have their hands in others pockets enriching themselves.

Case in point: The richest US senator & ex-presidential candidate is John Kerry. Kerry & his wife are the richest because their wealth comes from their Heinz foods company. Heinz foods company makes them rich by overcharging for the food they sell to people on government food programs such as school lunch, food-stamps, SNAP, EBT, etc. John Kerry & his cronies always make sure these government food programs are well funded with your tax dollars under the guise of "helping to feed the poor". If he wanted to help the poor he would lower their food prices instead of "fleecing the poor" & the tax payers to amass his record profits with his high price Heinz foods.

ANY TIME A DEMOCRAT SAYS I'M HERE TO HELP - GRAB YOUR WALLET!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2011, 01:05 AM

37,745 posts, read 40,805,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
I keep hearing about income inequality but my question is what is the best solution to this?
1. Force kids to stay in school until they graduate.
2. Cut off welfare for unwed mothers who were never married
3. Eliminate all child tax deductions/exemptions for single unwed mothers

Old 10-21-2011, 01:10 AM

488 posts, read 552,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
1. Force kids to stay in school until they graduate.
2. Cut off welfare for unwed mothers who were never married
3. Eliminate all child tax deductions/exemptions for single unwed mothers
How does 2, and especially 3, solve the problem?

Old 10-21-2011, 02:58 AM

3,004 posts, read 2,253,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Few if any can have a life handed to them.
Maybe handed was the wrong word more like made much easier. A kid from a middle class family has it a lot easier when his/her parents can pay for college where a kid from a poor area has a much tougher time getting ahead. The wealthier your parents are the better schools and better education you get.

Old 10-21-2011, 03:02 AM

3,004 posts, read 2,253,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allen antrim View Post
Sorry, you really blew that one! And why would you write such crap without even knowing my history at all? I see, you used "probably" as you safety net, unfortunately it doesn't work here.
Key word probably. If you did or didn't it is obvious you do not understand the limitations preventing people from getting more skills/ education but I am sure you will say if I can do so can they except those are whole different circumstances. Yes I know the ignorant everyone can do something will probably respond but I am not worried about their delusion about real life.

Old 10-21-2011, 07:18 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,296,268 times
Default Income Inequality: What To Do About It?

You have to get people to work.

Old 10-21-2011, 07:30 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,632,725 times
Income Inequality: What To Do About It?

Nothing. Why should I care how much money George Soros has?

Old 10-21-2011, 08:03 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,632,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1984 View Post
Maybe handed was the wrong word more like made much easier. A kid from a middle class family has it a lot easier when his/her parents can pay for college where a kid from a poor area has a much tougher time getting ahead. The wealthier your parents are the better schools and better education you get.

I'm not sure what your definition of "middle class" is, but in my opinion, most middle class families cannot afford to pay for all college expenses.

Old 10-21-2011, 08:07 AM

1,770 posts, read 2,889,149 times
In regards to Denmark:
This is why the States should be left to handle their own government. Some states could follow the Denmark way of life. A country so big like USA compared to Denmark is hard to copy. We have states bigger than that country.

One size fits all policies and basically "ways of life" just can't fly in a country as big and populated as ours. Let's downsize the federal government to the extreme minimal..allow states to run THEIR show..and some states will be like it.

Some states will be successfully in different ways.

Old 10-21-2011, 08:25 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,259,096 times
This problem has been studied since the days of Plato, when he concluded that the wealthy should earn no more than 6 times the average worker.
He was right, when income disparity grows, then the wealthy use their advantage to gain more advantage until the system is so unfair it causes revolution.
But like any other addict, the money addicts can never see when they have crossed the line.
There is only one way, to insure fairness and that is taxation.
When the US taxed the top brackets 90% we had a strong economy and a contented, happy population.
The rich will always lie, cheat, and steal. The only way to level the playing field is thru taxation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies