Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 01:09 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,724,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
How is the OP doing that? The troops themselves burned the books of an outspoken right wing blowhard. It's difficult to claim the OP is exploiting the troops for political points. The response however absolutely was.
are you really that thick...it's s standard order that no large quantities of political type books can be incountry......doesn't have squat to do with the views of the troops

Old 10-21-2011, 01:09 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,349,728 times
Instead of burning those books, they could have sent a few to our small town library (yes, we are literate). They still have books written by and about the Obamas THREE YEARS AFTER THE ELECTION sitting in their new books section. Yet, they are taking up space and collecting dust because no one ever takes them out. One of the library aides is a friend of my daughter's, and she confided that patrons are requesting Bill O'Reillys latest.

If I win a little money in the lottery, I'm going to make a donation of some new reading material to the library.

Old 10-21-2011, 01:48 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,706 times
I am sure that there are those in Afganistan that would like to read O'Reillys books as well as there are those who would not. THe military is a cross section of this country. Many varied opinions and many different beliefs. To think that all the military is staunchly opposed to reading one thing over another is absurd. I Love OUR TROOPS too... IN fact two of those troops are my family and for the record, neither supports this administration. I do doubt however that they would burn even Obamas books that someone else wrote for him..

Old 10-21-2011, 01:52 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,040,921 times
Oh please......these were the same soldiers lauding Glen Beck and Bill O'Reilly idiots 10 years ago after 9/11 believing the entire War on Terror scam. Just because it took them ten years to realize how they were lied to and duped we are supposed to applaud them? F'k that! The troops should throw down their arms and demand an end to this bs. Burning books.............grow up......do something that REALLY matters like going AWOL and just saying enough is enough. For these troops to sit there and realize after a trillion plus dollars were spent on this war how wrong it all is, is well just stupidity. Most of us intelligent, rational, well informed Americans knew from the get go this war was complete bs. But try to tell that to some young gung ho kill me some arabs jar head and you'd have been pegged a treasonous coward post 9/11. These soldiers need to wake up! Their country is burning and their families are being lied to and the government doesn't give a crap about either. Why any well informed, competent young person would ever sacrifice their life defending a corrupt and tyrannical US government is beyond me.

Old 10-21-2011, 02:06 AM

While I will agree that IRAQ and Afganistan should have never been invaded, to characterize or insinuate young military people as less learned and war mongering is over the top. This country has always needed to be protected and defended against its enemys. The "gung ho" marines you refer to are very much in tune with the politics of the day and are very aware of why and what their missions are. Those of you that have never served don't comprehend or appreciate why they serve and hopefully you never will. I hope you are always free enough to not understand it. If you are, you have the US military to thank for it.

Old 10-21-2011, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
While I will agree that IRAQ and Afganistan should have never been invaded, to characterize or insinuate young military people as less learned and war mongering is over the top. This country has always needed to be protected and defended against its enemys. The "gung ho" marines you refer to are very much in tune with the politics of the day and are very aware of why and what their missions are. Those of you that have never served don't comprehend or appreciate why they serve and hopefully you never will. I hope you are always free enough to not understand it. If you are, you have the US military to thank for it.

Oh please save that patriotic mumbo jumbo for the kool aid drinkers. Your average soldier serving on the front lines pulling the trigger doesn't have a clue about the ins and outs of US foreign policy and the backroom corruption that goes on at all levels of the CIA, WhiteHouse, and WallStreet. That is the exact problem, the "politics of the day" is what they see on CNN, FoxNews, listening to idiots like Glen Beck, or what their top military brass tell them. I don't have to appreciate why the serve. I already know how corrupt and tyrannical my government is. The US military has ceased protecting the Constitution and their "cause" has no bearing on democracy, liberty, or justice nowadays. They are corporate pawns for the extraction industries, companies like Monsanto, agricultural companies etc.

Ask your average grunt if they know what CPA order 81 is????? Do you know? Probably not! Thanks for playing.......

Old 10-21-2011, 03:08 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,724,472 times
^^^^^^^^^^
Still hideing in your moms basement scared that the big bad goverment is gonna get you?????

Old 10-21-2011, 03:15 AM

I didn't know what CPA order 81 was but it comes as no surprise. I am fully aware of the corruption of all branches of our government. This is nothing new. I served in a beautiful south east asian land and that war was not different. Does that mean that this country doesn't need to be protected? Only an idiot would say that it doesn't. If the shoe fits.. Have a nice day..

Old 10-21-2011, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
^^^^^^^^^^
Still hideing in your moms basement scared that the big bad goverment is gonna get you?????
It would help if you ventured out of your double wide once in a while......the "big bad government" already has us. They've "had us" for the last 50 years. Keep drinking the kool aid genius!

Old 10-21-2011, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I didn't know what CPA order 81 was but it comes as no surprise. I am fully aware of the corruption of all branches of our government. This is nothing new. I served in a beautiful south east asian land and that war was not different. Does that mean that this country doesn't need to be protected? Only an idiot would say that it doesn't. If the shoe fits.. Have a nice day..

Thanks for proving my point bud!

And no of course this country has to be protected. But the enemy within is much more dangerous than the enemy abroad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies