Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 12:13 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,972,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
We've been down this road numerous times, please state what laws Obama has broken in light of the congressional authorization, Supreme Court decisions including ex parte Quirin, and the Laws of War as it applies to unlawful combatants.
Right to due process as found in the Constituion as I've said before. ...that overides...."Laws of War" and USMJ.....by a long shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2011, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
You want to fly planes into our buildings and kill thousands? rule of law for you just ended!?
And whats with this sympathizing with the enemy anyway. either you are on Americas side or you are on the terrorists side,theres no sitting on the fence on this one?
This poor scared soul's argument boils down to this

Keeping me "safe" = Taking my civil rights away.

Old 10-21-2011, 12:17 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
No "authorization from Congress" allows you to override the Constitution.
If the Congress had indeed overridden the Constitution, which it didn't when it enacted Pub. L. No. 107-40, 115 Stat. 224.

Under the Constitution, the President of the United States as Commander in Chief, has full authority to conduct authorized military force as he deems fit.

Quote:
Bush people knew this. That's why Bush sent his lackey Alberto Gonzales to the hospital bed of John Eshcroft to cajole him into signing off on their warrantless wiretapping program. ....Eshcroft told them to F off.
As Herman Cain would opine, apples and oranges. There is a serious distinction between warrantless wire taps and using lethal force against unlawful enemy combatants. And for the hundredth time, simply being an American citizen does not indemnify a person from being designated as such.

Old 10-21-2011, 12:17 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Jeeeeeez, some of you people have totaly lost your ever loving minds, get help!

Old 10-21-2011, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Who pray tell has been targeted simply for disagreeing with administration policy?

I won't waste my time pointing out the disingenuousness of your present and convenient position.
How do you know this is not the case?.......Oh right!...the President tells you! And he's a "good person".

That's not good enough for me...It may be good for a authoritarian cultist like you ....but not me.

I want Judical oversight as the Constitution requires.if not that congressional oversight.

Old 10-21-2011, 12:20 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,680,664 times
No power should be given to the president to kill an citizen.

This goes against the concept of liberty and the justice system we have. When will this be used against other citizens who are labelled terrorist by the state just because they have a different political agenda. IF the tea party started carrying guns on protests would they all be killed in the name of terrorism via the president.

Do we will 12 yr olds next because their parents brainwashed them.

Old 10-21-2011, 12:22 PM

Quote:
If the Congress had indeed overridden the Constitution, which it didn't when it enacted Pub. L. No. 107-40, 115 Stat. 224.

Under the Constitution, the President of the United States as Commander in Chief, has full authority to conduct authorized military force as he deems fit.

As Herman Cain would opine, apples and oranges. There is a serious distinction between warrantless wire taps and using lethal force against unlawful enemy combatants. And for the hundredth time, simply being an American citizen does not indemnify a person from being designated as such.
Only creepy Neocons make your argument. Being Commander in Chief of Armed Forces = "I can do whatever I want to in the name of my Presidential power"...The top legal minds both right and left don't ascribe to your nonsense.

Last edited by padcrasher; 10-21-2011 at 12:31 PM..

Old 10-21-2011, 12:23 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
War is hell. I'm sad anyone has to die because of war, but I don't cherry pick.

Old 10-21-2011, 12:25 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Quote:
It's 100% his policy to put US citizens on an assasination list with no due process.
This is the "hope & change" liberal freaks voted into office. Is anyone the least bit surprised?

Old 10-21-2011, 12:27 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Right to due process as found in the Constituion as I've said before. ...that overides...."Laws of War" and USMJ.....by a long shot.
Please note Article VI, Clause 2 of the United States Constitution
This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the constitution or laws of any state to the contrary notwithstanding.
ex Parte Quirin, and since it is obvious that you refuse to read it, allow me to read it to you:
Citizenship in the United States of an enemy belligerent does not relieve him from the consequences of a belligerency which is unlawful because in violation of the law of war. Citizens who associate themselves with the military arm of the enemy government, and with its aid, [317 U.S. 1, 38] guidance and direction enter this country bent on hostile acts are enemy belligerents within the meaning of the Hague Convention and the law of war. Cf. Gates v. Goodloe, 101 U.S. 612, 615 , 617 S., 618. It is as an enemy belligerent that petitioner Haupt is charged with entering the United States, and unlawful belligerency is the gravamen of the offense of which he is accused.
Justice Harlan Stone writing for the majority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies