Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 10:38 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times

Advertisements

Is it time to move back to Puerto Rico yet? Or should I hold on a bit longer and hold my nose and hope racial politics come to an end? One can dream, I suppose
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2011, 10:59 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Let's think about who is encouraging them to break our laws.

Also, name me some Hispanic people you know personally that refuse to learn our language.
Most Americans don't want illegals here. I am disgusted that an ethnic group and their arrogant leaders think they can ignore our immigration laws with impunity just because they happen to be hispanic.

I run into hispanics all the time who don't speak English. Just walk past any bus stop, ask a simple question and watch them shrug and then go back to jabbering away in Spanish as they use our public transportation system. Or ask the local moron brigade when they show up with five leaf blowers. The idiots push their leaves on to my lawn and tell me they don't speak English when I ask them to cut it out. FYI, I have a friend from college. Her parents are both immigrants from Colombia. They've lived here over a decade and barely speak any English. It's annoying as hell when I try to get in touch with my friend as she's currently living with them. They're nice people but yeah they are very lazy. Even my friend admits this.

Old 10-21-2011, 11:17 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,697,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Let's think about who is encouraging them to break our laws.

Also, name me some Hispanic people you know personally that refuse to learn our language.
Press 1 for English. Is that enough proof for you?

Old 10-21-2011, 11:23 AM

3,265 posts, read 3,193,891 times
There needs to be a stronger unit of degree for the word irony to describe the fact that George W Bush arguably the dumbest person in the modern GOP was the only person smart enough to realize that actively demonizing the fastest growing demographic is a bad idea.

Old 10-21-2011, 11:24 AM

2,526 posts, read 3,004,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
I am disgusted that an ethnic group and their arrogant leaders think they can ignore our immigration laws with impunity just because they happen to be hispanic.
Perhaps they THINK that they can ignore US immigration laws.

However, the US actually DID ignore US immigration laws.

And that has caused a whole lot of problems.

Old 10-21-2011, 11:26 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,898,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Who cares about Obama? In the short term this might not do too much damage, but long-term the GOP is screwed, which makes me smile.
Goes to show this is just an immature "my team vs your team" to you.

Old 10-21-2011, 11:28 AM

3,265 posts, read 3,193,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
Perhaps they THINK that they can ignore US immigration laws.

However, the US actually DID ignore US immigration laws.

And that has caused a whole lot of problems.
Giving the vote to anyone other than white male landowners put us on the slippery slope imho.

Old 10-21-2011, 11:36 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Why should we have to cater and suck up to different races? They want to stick by liberals and victimhood and identity politics then screw em.

Well...because it's a huge and growing part of the population, they vote, and as constituents and US citizens, addressing their needs isn't "sucking up to them." It's what every US citizen expects--that the government will try to make laws that make sure that all citizens are treated fairly. If you want them to vote for your party, it kind of helps to not talk about them all in one big lumpy group like they're outsiders and victims.

I'm an R, but having the front runner in a presidential race talking about building a high voltage, lethal electric "zapper" along the border isn't exactly a great PR move with VOTERS who are one generation removed from Mexico. Do you think that just might....maybe....build some hard feelings?

Old 10-21-2011, 11:40 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
There needs to be a stronger unit of degree for the word irony to describe the fact that George W Bush arguably the dumbest person in the modern GOP was the only person smart enough to realize that actively demonizing the fastest growing demographic is a bad idea.
I hate to say it, but by GOP standards, GW Bush is hardly dumb......

Old 10-21-2011, 11:41 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Most Americans don't want illegals here. I am disgusted that an ethnic group and their arrogant leaders think they can ignore our immigration laws with impunity just because they happen to be hispanic.

I run into hispanics all the time who don't speak English. Just walk past any bus stop, ask a simple question and watch them shrug and then go back to jabbering away in Spanish as they use our public transportation system. Or ask the local moron brigade when they show up with five leaf blowers. The idiots push their leaves on to my lawn and tell me they don't speak English when I ask them to cut it out. FYI, I have a friend from college. Her parents are both immigrants from Colombia. They've lived here over a decade and barely speak any English. It's annoying as hell when I try to get in touch with my friend as she's currently living with them. They're nice people but yeah they are very lazy. Even my friend admits this.
My 80+ year old republican MIL--who was born in this country to immigrant parents in a community full of those immigrants--still speaks heavily accented english. She learned English when she went to school--they didn't speak it at home. This isn't a "new" thing. The entire family is full of successful business owners, and let me tell you--they're active in politics. Despite their accents, they're also Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies