Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 12:01 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,912,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
If either party wants my vote they'll have to promise to stop pandering to the hispanic lobby and get tough on illegals. It is disgraceful that so many hispanic leaders refuse to distance themselves from people who break our laws, crowd our schools, refuse to learn our language, have kids they cannot afford to support, drop out of high school, drive on our roads without licensure or insurance and use social services they don't pay for.
I agree. The Mexican lobby in the U.S. is just another AIPAC-like lobby. Republicans are to Israel like Democrats are to Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2011, 12:06 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,958,337 times
box of zip disks:"The GOP is passing up what might be their last chance to fight the demographic tide and secure a future for themselves because they're too beholden to stoking the fears of an aging and dwindling population."

Amen. GOP is like OTB w/o the industry knowledge that their demographic misrepresentation with America is a time bomb which will destroy their ability to influence anyone.

Last edited by bobtn; 10-21-2011 at 12:17 PM..

Old 10-21-2011, 12:12 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,785,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
... Pandering to one race, is just sickening. Makes me want to puke. It is disgusting...
How can almost every government entity in this country just brown-nose the white race like it does? Sickening...

Old 10-21-2011, 12:45 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,870,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
And you wonder why America is struggling to keep pace in the WORLD ECONOMY? I guess ALL corporations doing business in the U.S., conduct business ONLY in the U.S. and only in English.
Many languages are welcome. Catering to monolingual Spanish speakers who voluntarily choose to live here is not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I agree. The Mexican lobby in the U.S. is just another AIPAC-like lobby. Republicans are to Israel like Democrats are to Mexico.
I'm Jewish and I agree with your point here. I do NOT want to thought of by pols largely in relationship to Israel. If I were hispanic I would be mildly offended that someone dared confuse me with a criminal or presume we had interests in common just because I happened to share the same heritage he did.

Old 10-21-2011, 12:50 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,134,594 times
Identity politics.... If that's what it takes to have your vote then you deserve to continue to be used by liberals and feel as victims. Pathetic

Old 10-21-2011, 01:21 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,912,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Identity politics.... If that's what it takes to have your vote then you deserve to continue to be used by liberals and feel as victims. Pathetic
I agree. I want to be treated like an American, dammit. Not another tick mark on the ethnic voter roll the pols like to keep track of. You wonder why Ron Paul is rising in popularity, because he doesn't treat his supporters differently because of their heritage. If you love freedom and the free market, then welcome to the family. No race card required.

Quote:
Many languages are welcome. Catering to monolingual Spanish speakers who voluntarily choose to live here is not.

I'm Jewish and I agree with your point here. I do NOT want to thought of by pols largely in relationship to Israel. If I were hispanic I would be mildly offended that someone dared confuse me with a criminal or presume we had interests in common just because I happened to share the same heritage he did.
Same here. I really hate to be associated with Mexicans because I'm NOT a Mexican, I'm an American who happens to be from Puerto Rico. Why can it not be as plain and simple as that? I want to be treated as an individual, not as part of a larger collective group, unless that group is the American group

Old 10-21-2011, 01:27 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,199,651 times
You have the right to do or believe whatever you want. Just don't be shocked if we lose the hispanic vote doing it. That's what it comes down to, and they're going to be the majority in this country in just a few short years.

Old 10-21-2011, 01:35 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,405,208 times
Quote:
If either party wants my vote they'll have to promise to stop pandering to the hispanic lobby and get tough on illegals. It is disgraceful that so many hispanic leaders refuse to distance themselves from people who break our laws, crowd our schools, refuse to learn our language, have kids they cannot afford to support, drop out of high school, drive on our roads without licensure or insurance and use social services they don't pay for.
Yup that's the standard I've set for myself. How is the candidate on immigration and I take it from there. This pandering to Hispanics is disgusting and I won't feed into it.

So far I've eliminated Perry and Obama for their pandering and if Romney get the nomination and switches tunes I won't vote for him either.

Old 10-21-2011, 01:39 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,517,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
Giving the vote to anyone other than white male landowners put us on the slippery slope imho.
Ahhhh, the right kindly n wise words from good ole massa who's sittin' on da veranda drinkin' his mint julep while the happy darkies are a' singin' in da fields and Miz Scarlett is a' flirtin' wid her beau. Yesum

Old 10-21-2011, 01:44 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,517,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Yup that's the standard I've set for myself. How is the candidate on immigration and I take it from there. This pandering to Hispanics is disgusting and I won't feed into it.

So far I've eliminated Perry and Obama for their pandering and if Romney get the nomination and switches tunes I won't vote for him either.
So its ok that the Republicans pander to gun owners, the Christian fundamentalists, the wealthy, etc. but heaven forbid any party acknowledges the specific issues that relate to Hispanic Americans (or even Black or Asian Americans for that matter)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies