Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 10:39 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,980,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I don't know either. It used to be Germans vs. Italian vs Irish back in the old days, now it's just whites vs. those who are lesser whites (aka white latinos) and the brown latinos. Americans can't seem to get past race, hence why I said is it time to move back to PR where racial politics don't matter.
Yes same as catholics, protestants etc, it all comes down to dominion over others. Eventually, not in our time, the race labeling will be gone, tho I expect some will still be that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2011, 10:52 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,193,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Maybe they are trying to copy these other people who are OBVIOUSLY clinging to their heritage!!!

The Irish Heritage club.

The Irish Immigration Reform Movement (IIRM) was a grassroots organization established in 1987 whose primary objective was to legalize the status of undocumented immigrants from Ireland and 34 other countries adversely affected by America’s 1965 Immigration Act.

The IIRM was also instrumental in securing 25,000 visas for Ireland through several extensions of the Donnelly Visa program from 1988 up to the implementation of the Immigration Act of 1990.

Welcome to the official website of the IABANY, the Irish American Bar Association of New York.

Established in 1987, the IABANY is a professional organization dedicated to connecting, serving and celebrating New York's legal professionals who are Irish born, of Irish heritage or simply interested in things Irish.

Wow, why are these people always bringing up their heritage???..

Don't forget Congressman Peter King who has contributed financially to the IRA, a listed terrorist organization. By definition his citizenship status should be considered null and void as with Al-Awlaki and a drone oughtta be firing a missile up his fat Irish keyster any minute now.

Old 10-21-2011, 11:56 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,960,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Maybe they are trying to copy these other people who are OBVIOUSLY clinging to their heritage!!!

The Irish Heritage club.

The Irish Immigration Reform Movement (IIRM) was a grassroots organization established in 1987 whose primary objective was to legalize the status of undocumented immigrants from Ireland and 34 other countries adversely affected by America’s 1965 Immigration Act.

The IIRM was also instrumental in securing 25,000 visas for Ireland through several extensions of the Donnelly Visa program from 1988 up to the implementation of the Immigration Act of 1990.

Welcome to the official website of the IABANY, the Irish American Bar Association of New York.

Established in 1987, the IABANY is a professional organization dedicated to connecting, serving and celebrating New York's legal professionals who are Irish born, of Irish heritage or simply interested in things Irish.

Wow, why are these people always bringing up their heritage???..

They're white! Not dirty lazy brown people! You know it's not the same thing!

Old 10-22-2011, 05:38 AM

1,147 posts, read 909,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
The racists in the GOP don't seem to have a problem with this, as seem by the comments on this thread. If the hate Hispanics they probably also hate Blacks.

Good luck trying to win a national election by alienating 1/4 of the US population.
I wouldnt go so far as to say anyone is hated. It's the special treatment most hate. Especially when you see folks simply making bad choices, that have no true barriers to success.

Old 10-24-2011, 01:26 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,556,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
How come it's never racial politics when it comes to white people? Oh and Puerto Ricans happen to be "US Citizens"!
White Ethnic politics is unfortunately alive and well.
why do you think Weprin got the democratic nomination in NY 9

Old 10-24-2011, 02:01 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Let's think about who is encouraging them to break our laws.

Also, name me some Hispanic people you know personally that refuse to learn our language.
Are you serious? I worked in a company in the production department for a while. I knew quite a few Hispanics who could not speak English and still couldn't even after years (I would stop by the company from time to time after I left). One reason given why they wouldn't learn English: "It's too hard."

I kept in contact with a co-worker who keeps in contact with two former co-workers who still can't speak English even though they were with that company from 1989 to 2005.

Old 10-24-2011, 05:00 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,366,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Also, name me some Hispanic people you know personally that refuse to learn our language.

actually I can.
I work with some in a high paying job who barely get by in day to day conversation. We're talking Engineers.
I have to revert to my Spangugese to communicate with them.

oh, they've been here 4 years.

Old 10-24-2011, 05:19 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Why should we have to cater and suck up to different races? They want to stick by liberals and victimhood and identity politics then screw em.
We?! Who is we? Legal Hispanics are and always will be just as American as you are, whether you like it or not.

Old 10-24-2011, 06:29 AM

3,265 posts, read 3,193,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
actually I can.
I work with some in a high paying job who barely get by in day to day conversation. We're talking Engineers.
That's a common feature among engineers in general.

Old 10-24-2011, 06:59 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Illegal aliens, is not a race issue. It is a national sovereignty issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies