Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 06:54 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,094 times

Advertisements

Global temperature change has always been real. It's just not MAN MADE. I remember in the 70's they were crying about an upcoming ice age.

Volcanoes put out HUGE amounts of gasses and particulate matter, far in excess of what man does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2011, 07:04 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Conservatives groups admit Global warming is real
Absolute hogwash.

The AGWarmists were just looking for a headline.

Climate Depot

A skeptic that was involved;

BEST: What I agree with and what I disagree with – plus a call for additional transparency to prevent “pal” review | Watts Up With That?

The Berkeley Earth Surface Temperature project puts PR before peer review | Watts Up With That?

Old 10-22-2011, 07:05 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Global temperature change has always been real. It's just not MAN MADE. I remember in the 70's they were crying about an upcoming ice age.

Volcanoes put out HUGE amounts of gasses and particulate matter, far in excess of what man does.
According to these conservative groups it it at least partially man made. Of course there will always be those who will deny it even if they stood ankle deep in rising water.

Old 10-22-2011, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
According to these conservative groups it it at least partially man made.
Wrong. You didn't READ the report I see....just looking for the headline.

Old 10-22-2011, 07:09 AM

475 posts, read 814,705 times
Climate change is real...has been for a billion years. No matter what the likes of the billionaire Gore tell us there's not a darn thing we can do about it. If it wasn't real I would be outside feeding my Albertasauraus Rex right now.

Old 10-22-2011, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokes172 View Post
Climate change is real...has been for a billion years. No matter what the likes of the billionaire Gore tell us there's not a darn thing we can do about it. If it wasn't real I would be outside feeding my Albertasauraus Rex right now.
Well, you're right of course and that;s what the "skeptics" (aka, the rational, thinking, learned people) have been saying.

For some reason the AGWarmists think the Earth's climate/temperature should be static.

Old 10-22-2011, 07:24 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,904,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Well, you're right of course and that;s what the "skeptics" (aka, the rational, thinking, learned people) have been saying.

For some reason the AGWarmists think the Earth's climate/temperature should be static.
It has to be .. how else are they going to make money on it?

Old 10-22-2011, 07:32 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,007,828 times
I well recall the short-lived talk in the early 1970s about the coming 'deep freeze'. I seem to recall it was a pet theory of Life, Look or Time magazine (I do not recall which).

However, to a rational person, the fact that some scientists, back in the early 1970s, foretold a new mini-ice age, does not invalidate climate warming theories presently proposed.

The reason is simple: 40 years later, the world's scientists have much better tools at their disposal. They now have computers, programs, etc., that were only dreamed of back in 1972 or so. Ways of drilling into the ice of Greenland and Antarctica have also improved. Satellites have improved and whisk through orbit above the Earth, making measurements that would have been unthinkable in 1972.

Forty years has simply made a huge difference.

In 1972 I was taking some math class I made a mistake in adding some huge numbers. I was using my fingers and paper to solve the problem.

Forty years on, I can solve my problem immediately with my little calculator. However, no doubt, some people here would say "Hey, Legalsea, why should we believe you? You got the problem wrong in 1972!"

Alas, there is no reasoning with such people.

Old 10-22-2011, 07:38 AM

629 posts, read 771,729 times
The sky is falling

Throw $$$money$$$ at liberal PACs

HURRY!!!

Old 10-22-2011, 07:57 AM

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Default Human caused

What happened to human caused global warming.......?

You do realize that without the 'human caused' claim, climate change is no longer a story as the earth's climate change is continuous as is continental shift, advance and retreat of glaciers.

What about the next solar eclipse, are you going to tell us we have to repent and give all our money to Algore and the Chicago Climate Exchange to bring back the sun?

The earh's climate is constantly changing....you are just using at the wrong time reference.....your time frame vs the earth's.

Scam, Scam, Scam!

Would you not think a better strategy might be to discuss how affected populations might best adapt to the 'theoretical' changes if indeed dramatic changes were to occur?

You do realize we have evolved to specific conditions of light, atmosphere and gravity?

You do realize if those parameters change faster than we can adapt, we go away.

The earth deserves respect but giving away all our money to socio-political scammers with intentions other than 'saving the earth' is egocentric, ignorant, unethical and in some cases criminal.

When someone tells you the science is settled and further discussion will be met with prosecution....run, Bambi, run...... run far away
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies