Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 05:32 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,544,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
Seriously, what has the guy done that's good for this country? I can see why the sick, lame, and lazy want him, he throws $$$ around like a pimp. Is that why cd posters here like him, or are you hoping for an Obama win just to stick it in the Right's face, regardless of how inept he is?
I had high hopes for the guy, but he's a weak indecisive leader and his wife has that typical bad attitude you see in certain parts of the city.
The man has done zero, time to move on.
I'll root for Cain maybe.
If you have your mouth attached firmly around the t*t of the federal government then you bet your bottom dollar you want Obama re-elected!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 05:32 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,226,528 times
People who say that the First Lady has a "bad attitude" like what you find in "certain parts" give me reason to vote for Obama. I want a better America than one expressed in those views. Just say "uppity n***** and be honest.

Old 10-24-2011, 05:33 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,268,742 times
What sane person would vote for any of the current republican candidates?

Old 10-24-2011, 05:34 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
"Why would any sane person want Obama reelected?"

Fear of the eight nutcase Republicans running against him? That would be my guess.
Sorry the nutcases are mostly all on the other side.

Old 10-24-2011, 05:35 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,201,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
I saw that segment this morning. Unfortunately, Scarborough--a member of the class of '94--is often excoriated for being a RINO because he dares to criticize the far right sections of the party. But it's the truth. He's a rational Republican who I actually enjoy listening to. And because he's rational, I actually listen to what he says and understand where he's coming from. I don't always agree, but I like hearing him on Morning Joe.
I know it's hard for some D's to believe, but there's still a pretty strong chunk of so called "RINO" republicans (named by the new R's--we're the way the party used to be) who are common sense, mainstreet oriented, and moderate. Scarborough is one of them, and so am I. We just get drowned out by the radical end of the party, and the leadership is completely focused on big business. I'm glad you like him--he isn't afraid to tell the truth, and he's a common sense guy.

Old 10-24-2011, 05:41 PM

366 posts, read 774,681 times
Quote:
Seriously, what has the guy done that's good for this country? I can see why the sick, lame, and lazy want him, he throws $$$ around like a pimp. Is that why cd posters here like him, or are you hoping for an Obama win just to stick it in the Right's face, regardless of how inept he is?
I had high hopes for the guy, but he's a weak indecisive leader and his wife has that typical bad attitude you see in certain parts of the city.

Lets flip your argument: "Why did any sane person want George W. reelected?"
* No Child Left Behind, escalation of the War on Terrorism in Iraq, trillions of dollars added to the national debt, etc., etc.

I had hopes for Bush, but he was weak and indecisive and let his VP dictate policy. And his wife, well she killed someone when she ran a stop sign back in 1963.

Your argument against Obama is equally as ridiculous as the one I posited against George W. The world ain't what it use to be and the President of the US of A only tenuously can control the circumstances that influence our daily lives. If you want to get angry blame the corporations, and the financial institutions that have undermined the very fabric of comfort that we once enjoyed. We have entered a new high tech paradigm, and no one has any idea how it will manifest itself in its final form.

Old 10-24-2011, 05:45 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,510,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I know it's hard for some D's to believe, but there's still a pretty strong chunk of so called "RINO" republicans (named by the new R's--we're the way the party used to be) who are common sense, mainstreet oriented, and moderate. Scarborough is one of them, and so am I. We just get drowned out by the radical end of the party, and the leadership is completely focused on big business. I'm glad you like him--he isn't afraid to tell the truth, and he's a common sense guy.
Agreed. These "silent" Republicans are like dark matter - you can't see them but you know they're their by their gravitational force. It's these moderates who supported McCain in 2008 and are now lining up behind Romney. Had McCain gone with a serious VP and not sucked up to the Far Right at the end of the election, he'd be president today. Personally I voted for McCain in the primary but Obama in the general election; of the current pack I like Huntsman best but would accept Romney.

The fringes only seem larger because they are louder; don't confuse decibels with power.

Old 10-24-2011, 05:47 PM

1,081 posts, read 915,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
You had me until you said you would root for Cain. Unfortunately, you are just as bad as the Obama supporters.
I had you? I don't want you. Cain is not the topic here, that was just a general observation.

Old 10-24-2011, 05:49 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,977,086 times
Quote:
Do you seriously believe that President Cain or President Romney would be vastly different than President Obama? They all supported TARP, they all support interventionist foreign policy, they're all adherents to the J.M. Keynes School of economics, and none of them would end the FED.

Old 10-24-2011, 05:50 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,391,308 times
Why would any sane person want another crazy Republican?

Did we forget so fast...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies