Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 07:53 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Flow chart for Emergency Preparation:

invidual>>>>>>locality>>>>>>>>>County>>>>>>State>> >>>>>Federal
FEMA can not respond until invited by a State's Governor. It's also the responsibility of the Governor to declare a State of Emergency, something Blanco did not do until after landfall. Without that the LA National Guard could not mobilize and respond.

Ready.gov: Hurricanes (http://www.ready.gov/america/beinformed/hurricanes.html - broken link)

And those that weren't were not mobilized for 36 hours after landfall per the inaction of Gov. Blanco.
Just this: snopes.com: Blame Blanco

Old 10-24-2011, 07:55 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Newman0 View Post
hmmmmmmm again what about the mayor? The Gov? where in the blame game do they come in. OHHHHHH thats right they have a D next to thier name so its not thier fault we need to figure out how to blame someone with an R.

I mostly blame the people that lived ther. Just stupid people not able to care for themselves.

It fall to the indivuals first to protect themselves.
snopes.com: Blame Blanco

Old 10-24-2011, 07:59 PM

227 posts, read 140,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post

LOL I blame the people first. I and many many others on this site would not be dumb enough to wait around and wait the the gov to tell us what we should do.

You libs always with the excuses. This is why the inner cities are a disaster the libs tell them it alright to be a loser and don't expect them to achieve anything on thier own. They love you useless people that need the gov. They will always vote for the person that will give them the most.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:02 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,228,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Some could not fly, drive or get other transportation. To my point - how were they going to get out?
When the weather reports say to evacuate, that means leave prior to the storm arriving not wait until it gets there and then stand on your roof with a sign that says HELP ME.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Some could not fly, drive or get other transportation. To my point - how were they going to get out?

why didn't they have any transportation? why are they so broke they can't do anything for themselves. See it always comes back to the people themselves. Yes it is the fault of any abled body person that can't fend for themselves.

If they would have been doing the right thing for themselves they would have empowered themselves to make thier own decision to get the hell out.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:05 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,412,427 times
What we saw during Katrina was 40 to 50 years of liberal failure nothing more, nothing less. Liberals told us marriage was not necessary, the government will care for you so many Blacks took them up on it. So at the precise moment when a strong family unit literally spelled the difference between life and death many of these black families had nothing but female dominated familial structures to fall back on.

They didn't have jobs or had very low paying ones. In all practical purposes the government was their spouse. Before Katrina the government was a dependable spouse for these poor black women. Certainly more dependable than the unemployed shiftless black men they chose to procreate with. The checks arrived on time, food was kept in the fridge a roof over her head. What more did she need?

Then Katrina came and her spouse, the government, proved to also be unreliable during her greatest time of need. How could her spouse, help her when he was spread so thin? The government had more wives than a Utah Mormon polygamist. So she was left to fend for herself.

One of my greatest disappointments from Katrina is that the Black community chose to spend so much time trying to blame Bush than the real causes of the sorry scenes we saw that week. Blaming Bush was temporal addressing the social ills that plagued New Orleans Blacks before Katrina would have had a lasting impact.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:09 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,412,427 times
Quote:
Drive? I'm sorry as a man if I knew there was a killer cane coming my way and I had no car. I'm finding another way go half on a car with someone buy a bus ticket something.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
What we saw during Katrina was 40 to 50 years of liberal failure nothing more, nothing less. Liberals told us marriage was not necessary, the government will care for you so many Blacks took them up on it. So at the precise moment when a strong family unit literally spelled the difference between life and death many of these black families had nothing but female dominated familial structures to fall back on.

They didn't have jobs or had very low paying ones. In all practical purposes the government was their spouse. Before Katrina the government was a dependable spouse for these poor black women. Certainly more dependable than the unemployed shiftless black men they chose to procreate with. The checks arrived on time, food was kept in the fridge a roof over her head. What more did she need?

Then Katrina came and her spouse, the government, proved to also be unreliable during her greatest time of need. How could her spouse, help her when he was spread so thin? The government had more wives than a Utah Mormon polygamist. So she was left to fend for herself.

One of my greatest disappointments from Katrina is that the Black community chose to spend so much time trying to blame Bush than the real causes of the sorry scenes we saw that week. Blaming Bush was temporal addressing the social ills that plagued New Orleans Blacks before Katrina would have had a lasting impact.

BRAVO BRAVO

I live outside of Detroit I have seen up close the failure of the policies of the left. It has destroyed the city. What a shame. The black inner city people have been played.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:42 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,913,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
It really is time to move on.

Think before you vote.
You betcha. No more happy lib parties this time. The Ghetto Entitlement Parasites (GEPS. Be my guest: feel free to use it! It fits them to a "T"!) won't have it so easy next time. After all, the piggy bank's empty this time, and we won't stand for it. Us, the so-called "privileged", those making more than about $75k/yr, should shoulder it all? sure. Try it! This time, we have nothing more to give to those who won't bother to work for a living.)

Quote:
NO I AM TALKING ABOUT THE MORONS THAT COULD SOMEHOW FIGURE OUT HOW TO STEAL BOOZE BUT WAS TO DUMB TO GET OUT.

Also why don't they have a car? Oh thats right they are career welfare kings and queens. Whe do we hold the people to some sort of standard to be able to provide for themselves.

You know we could have the elderly and disabled living in mansions if all the other anchors didn't get a check on the 1st and 15th.

See you are just excusing these people and I on the other hand call it like it realy is. THEY ARE MORONS and anchors that hold back society.
Just wait, ONewmanO, until the sheizze REALLY hits the fan in about 12 to 8 months, with true unemployment at 25%+ or worse, with essentilaly no jobs for them, and nowhere to leach a living from anymore. Time to check if your ammo's dry, my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Well, for those who didnt leave, for ALOT of reasons (ill, infirm, broke, nowhere to go, no transportation, etc.) the fact is that our federal government was caught unaware and our Federal Emergency Management Agency showed it had absolutely no competence because, like most federal agencies under the Bush Admin. it was staffed with loyal ideologues and others who were friendly to these people, and their level of experience and competence was a secondary concern, if a concern at all.

For 8 years thinking people had to suffer under this regime as they continually embarrassed this country internationally and failed its citizens at home.
I do agree with some of what you said about the idiot Bush, but then again, who can we expect to have a lot of past experience in dealing with such a catastrophic event? What if/when, let's say, Mt. Rainer or Yellowstone pops a cork? Oh sure, we've just got lots of guys with Rampant-Volcano Training and experience under their belts, right?

As for international embarrassments, you do know that the Chinese are laughing at us, right? And ditto with N. Korea, and we apparently may have our POTUS apologize to the Japanese?

Instead, he should be insisting that the remnants, if there are any, of the Old Guard of Japan's "royalty" apologize for keeping their poeple in an unwinnable war. Good thing we dropped on Hiroshima, unless the idea of another 100,000 dead Americans appeals to you!

Or that far more likely scenario: The Big One in SoCal; let's say a Richter Scale 8+ for 40 - 90 seconds right under downtown LA and surrounds. Oh, and with an accompanying tsunami that takes out the entire SoCal coastline for 200 miles, and 2 miles inland in many beach towns (bye bye Seal Beach, etc.) and topples everything in the Malibu Hills, and Santa Barbara?

I was working there during the Rod King riots (great example of good social engineering, BTW...) and watched them rioting in upper Long Beach, while I lived about 4 miles from it. The Nat Guard and US Army had a base set up at the Cerritos Air Force station, but did they lift off a few Cobras to let the GEPs know they could not steal whatever they wanted? Nope. Situation far too sensitive; better to let 'em have a few of life's little essentials, we figured, than to try to step in and do what was right.

Ditto in New Orleans. Who exactly was supposed to go in there again?

Who yah gonna call? Ghost busters?

Quote:
LOL I blame the people first. I and many many others on this site would not be dumb enough to wait around and wait the the gov to tell us what we should do.

You libs always with the excuses. This is why the inner cities are a disaster the libs tell them it alright to be a loser and don't expect them to achieve anything on thier own. They love you useless people that need the gov. They will always vote for the person that will give them the most.
Yup: they just doin' what they'z been told to do, and they'z been happy all this time. Livin' offa my tax-paying largess. Too bad the free food/booze/money is no longer available! Now what?

Old 10-24-2011, 09:41 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,121 times
Oh please, what a total distortion of what Ms. Rice said. Here is the actual excerpt that the OP unwittingly linked (but apparently did not read himself):

Then I called the President. “Mr. President, I’m coming back. I don’t know how much I can do, but we clearly have a race problem,” I said.

“Yeah. Why don’t you come on back?” he answered.

I actually hadn’t expected that from the President. That’s odd, I thought. He’d been so insistent that I go and get some rest. He’s really worried. “

CLEARLY, she never said that Bush personally had a race problem, rather, the fact that the victims of Katrina were black meant that POLITICALLY there was going to be a highly racially charged situation for him to handle.

Good grief odanny, is this the best you can do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies