Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 07:27 AM

529 posts, read 363,752 times

Advertisements

No Thanks.

11,466 posts, read 19,348,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Being homosexual or bi or transgender is about much more than someone's "sex life".
And hows that? Explain what more it's all about.

28,164 posts, read 25,297,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
you really are in denial aren't you? the questions you ask are just blatantly stupid.
Denial about what?

Again, my questions to you are an attempt to understand someone else's POV. Perhaps you don't care to understand other people. I do. Hence my questions.

Calling them stupid and evading giving an answer does speak volumes though.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:29 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,297,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I love my husband for far more reasons than his penis or his testosterone. Homosexual love feels no differently than heterosexual love.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:33 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,252 times
Quote:
I love my husband for far more reasons than his penis or his testosterone. Homosexual love feels no differently than heterosexual love.
How do you know this?

Old 10-25-2011, 07:34 AM

2,472 posts, read 3,197,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Is your life centered around your heterosexuality? Or do you have a job, a social life, do you paint, do you like doing puzzles.........See where this is going?

Old 10-25-2011, 07:37 AM

1,332 posts, read 994,504 times
Quote:
I understand perfectly that you don't give a damn about me, a woman, giving my husband, a man, a peck on the cheek. I'm saying since I enjoy that freedom I think gay people should as well.

It's a civil rights issue. I do accept that bigots exist but I will not stay silent about it. I will always ask people to back up their opinions with some evidence.
Uh...HELLO!!! They DO have the right to kiss in public!! This is what I mean about you being delusional!! You really don't know what you are talking about!!!

What you don't seem to get is one simple point. IF you make an agenda or a cause public, and campaign to have laws, customs and traditions CHANGED to accomodate your agenda...then you RIGHTFULLY open yourself up to the criticism and scorn or even the support of the masses when you do so!! Why?? Because it is the very laws, customs and traditions that we have ALL grown up with that you seek to change!! It is absolutely IGNORANT of any gay supporter to think that there will not be negative ramifications when they are PUBLICLY challenging long standing tradition!!

Don't be so F*ing incredulous that there are people out here who find the gay lifestyle disgusting. It's almost as if you gay supporters believe that universal acceptance is a RIGHT....well it ISN'T. So learn to DEAL WITH IT.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:38 AM

1,332 posts, read 994,504 times
Quote:
Denial about what?

Again, my questions to you are an attempt to understand someone else's POV. Perhaps you don't care to understand other people. I do. Hence my questions.

Yes...it speaks volumes about YOU.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:40 AM

2,472 posts, read 3,197,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
Uh...HELLO!!! They DO have the right to kiss in public!! This is what I mean about you being delusional!! You really don't know what you are talking about!!!

What you don't seem to get is one simple point. IF you make an agenda or a cause public, and campaign to have laws, customs and traditions CHANGED to accomodate your agenda...then you RIGHTFULLY open yourself up to the criticism and scorn or even the support of the masses when you do so!! Why?? Because it is the very laws, customs and traditions that we have ALL grown up with that you seek to change!! It is absolutely IGNORANT of any gay supporter to think that there will not be negative ramifications when they are PUBLICLY challenging long standing tradition!!

Don't be so F*ing incredulous that there are people out here who find the gay lifestyle disgusting. It's almost as if you gay supporters believe that universal acceptance is a RIGHT....well it ISN'T. So learn to DEAL WITH IT.
This is amazing. You're not even trying to mask your bigotry. The women broke tradition, and so did african americans, so I think it's your time to deal with now.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:41 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,029,088 times
Quote:
None of us is on trial here,
and therefore none of us is required to answer questions only by the way in which you see fit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies