Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 07:14 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I knew Obama was without class. My father years ago told me the difference of this great nation, the United States of America is that the presidents do not rip down the past presidents.. that we are a different nation than Russia who rips down the names of the past leaders.. I knew it when Obama kept bashing President Bush when he became president . I knew then Obama was NOT worthy of the office of President of the United States. Obama is the great divider of this nation.
You mean like how all of the Republican candidates are bashing the current President? Dividing the nation? So....I guess by your reasoning.....none of them are fit presidential material either. LMAO!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2011, 10:43 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
You mean like how all of the Republican candidates are bashing the current President? Dividing the nation? So....I guess by your reasoning.....none of them are fit presidential material either. LMAO!
Right! And how about Reagan, blaming everything on Carter!

Old 10-27-2011, 12:51 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
People don't watch shows like Meet the Press and Face the Nation as much as they used to so why it is such a big shocking deal when a president picks a talk show to go on when he/she is trying to sell something to the public (like the Jobs Act)? It's going to happen more and more with future presidents....unless we want them to go back to sending telegraphs to the local newspapers all over the country. Times change. Deal with it.
And that speaks volumes about how much dumber Americans are getting.

Book stores are also becoming a thing of the past.

Leno swears he isn't making up his "Jay Walking" segment.

They asked someone when the airplane was invented. They answered 1950.

A schoolteacher was asked what country in the Pacific did the US fight in WW2?

They answered Hawaii.

But they all know who Harry Potter is.

Old 10-27-2011, 01:19 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,346,874 times
Maybe they're eyeing Obama to replace Leno when his contract is up? After January '13 he'll have the free time. They could bring back Johnny Carson's old format and have second banana Joe Biden sit in Ed McMahon's chair and guffaw at everything Barry says. Heck, Joe's funnier than Ed....

Old 10-27-2011, 05:53 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Anyone who lives for the hand outs and are capable to work is sucking the system dry. And they want more from the wealthy who work for it . More tax money please, I want this or that and I want the government to foot the bill.The cry of the liberals who don't want to work or pay their fair share.. free education, free food, free housing , free doctors, so why should they want to work..

It is the decent folks that want to work and pay their own way that made America great. Now we have a society that wants the government to pay for it all.
Oh my goodness! You missed the big Bush bail out to the Wall Street wealthy ??? How convenient for you !

Some used it for lavish parties (YOUR TAX MONEY), remodeling their offices(MILLIONS, YOUR TAX MONEY)...but that's OK with you because you have only ONE god, The Wealthy.

And that god has you convinced that they work for their money...and NO other American does.....how you must hate your equals, average Americans.

Did Bernie Madoff's kids work for their money? Did George Bush junior work for the billions he was born into? No. And NONE of the 400 families who own the majority of wealth in this country worked for that wealth...they had it handed to them on a silver platter and still have their hands out for YOUR TAX MONEY...

They don't work unless signing those dividend checks is hard work for them...

But keep up the Worship of the Wealthy, I'm sure they'll reward you someday

OH! Your Gods , the MARVELOUS MADOFFS are all over the news trying for sympathy....did you shed tears for Poor Hard Working Ms. Madoff????

Last edited by Who?Me?!; 10-27-2011 at 06:40 AM..

Old 10-27-2011, 05:56 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Ha ha! Good shot , Annie! And true!

Old 10-27-2011, 07:14 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
It wasn't campaign season hyet. And if I remember correctly the WORKING term for a president is 4 years....not less than 3.

What I object to most about Obama's shameless FUNDRAISERS....64 of them this year ALONE...is that he is NOT doing his job./ The one he was ELECTED to do.

As far as I know, the country is still mired in a swamp of major problems...High unemployment (over 9% for the longest time in our HISTORY)...a stalled economy...illegal immigrants continuing tp pour over our pourous borders.....a war in Afghanistan that no longer has a purpose...to name a few. Yet this BOZO has the balls to just hit the campaign trail as if everything is just peachy.

What would happen to any of us if WE decided we were going to take some time away from our jobs just when there were a whole BUNCH of problems that needed attention? What would happen? We'd be FIRED...that's what would happen. And this clown attended 3 fundraisers yesterday ALONE...fresh off of his LENO appearance.

My God...and there isn't a liberal out here who sees anything wrong with that??
Then you were very vocal about Bush's over 500 days of vacation. That's 2 years.

BTW, Obama is not a slave, you don't own him.
Shhh, your partisanship is showing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Because he's desperate for votes
Is he running for president now? I didn't think that election season was until next year.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:18 AM

Default Ding Ding Ding We Have A WINNER -

Quote:
The liberals don't care as long as they get the free stuff handed to them.. and they have the freedom to complain that it isn't enough.

It is not just the rich that pays for the free stuff, it comes from every working middle class American and the working poor.
It took 52 posts, but we finally have a winner.
Liberals all want free stuff handed to them.

Yes, the talking point of the day.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Ah once again down the right wing memory hole...

George W. Bush appeared on Deal or No Deal.

George W. Bush on Fishing with Roland Martin, 2004

Bill Clinton in 1994 on MTV

Gerald Ford on Saturday Night Live in 1976

Nixon in 1963 on the Jack Paar Show (the forerunner of the Tonight Show)

Nixon 1968 on Roland and Martin Laugh In to do the Sock-It-To-Me skit.

^^^
It doesn't matter, they weren't Obama.
Obama is worse than anyone, ever and you have to be lying.
Hey, I'll move the target so that I can justify my hatred in the next post.
________
Just as a clarification, I believe it was Rowan and Martin.
Nixon appeared with: George Gobel, Billy Graham, Werner Klemperer, Richard Nixon, Tiny Tim, Harry Wiere, Herbert Wiere, Sylvester Wiere on March 31, 1969.

Old 10-27-2011, 01:28 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,466,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsjacob38 View Post
The Presidency isn't a joke. And yes I actually like Obama, but I don't want to see him on shows like Letterman and Leno while he is still in office. It is disingenuous and classless. This man is leader of the free world. There should be certain venues beneath himself and the office that he holds. You never saw a sitting president on the Tonight Show when Carson was around!

Obama tapes Leno on money swing with star power - Yahoo! News

Because he's a "rock star" and that's why he got elected and he's hoping that by appealing to the Leno audience demographic, he'll get re-elected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies