Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 05:08 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,916,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
I have eight M-60 machine guns, a dozen AK-47s, an more pistols than I can count. Plenty of ammo for everything. I'm stilling hoping to buy a howitzer to place in my garage. I want to be ready when the liberal, commie government (or the anti-christ) comes to get me.
I detect some sarcasm here, but even if your weapons collection includes those items an unmanned drone could take you out while you were sleeping and leave only dust behind for your next of kin. The argument that the second amendment is an actual defense against an oppressive government hasn't been valid since a musket was considered cutting edge technology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 05:09 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
I detect some sarcasm here, but even if your weapons collection includes those items an unmanned drone could take you out while you were sleeping and leave only dust behind for your next of kin. The argument that the second amendment is an actual defense against an oppressive government hasn't been valid since a musket was considered cutting edge technology.
True look how easily the US and her allies have pacified Afghanistan....

Old 10-25-2011, 05:18 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
True,I mean look at Afghanistan where the USA and it's allies are....ohh,wait a minute,they are losing....
Ok, I'll revise my statement: you could wage a guerilla warfare campaign indefinitely. But that doesn't mean it would change anything or enable you to win against a determined enemy. The definition of "winning" in Afghanistan is unrealistic and rather vague, and America is a half-hearted participant. Presumably the circumstances would be different in an all-domestic conflict. You'd need a sizable portion of the military to defect in order to have a real chance.

Old 10-25-2011, 05:20 PM
Sco

Quote:
True look how easily the US and her allies have pacified Afghanistan....
OK, go ahead and live out your delusional "Red Dawn" style fantasy. The truth is that an MIT grad piloting a CIA drone will take out any members of the 2A molon labe macho militia while drinking Red Bull in between Facebook status updates.

Old 10-25-2011, 05:22 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Gunnnnnnsssss!!!!

Old 10-25-2011, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Ok, I'll revise my statement: you could wage a guerilla warfare campaign indefinitely. But that doesn't mean it would change anything or enable you to win against a determined enemy. The definition of "winning" in Afghanistan is unrealistic and rather vague, and America is a half-hearted participant. Presumably the circumstances would be different in an all-domestic conflict. You'd need a sizable portion of the military to defect in order to have a real chance.
Do you think US forces would be bombing US cities in such a scenario?
Do you think a sizeable portion of the military would not defect,especially when it is THEIR hometown being bombed?

As to guerilla warfare,the Afghans did a good job against the Soviets too.

Assymetrical warfare favors the lightly armed,irregular forces.

Old 10-25-2011, 05:24 PM

Quote:
OK, go ahead and live out your delusional "Red Dawn" style fantasy. The truth is that an MIT grad piloting a CIA drone will take out any members of the 2A molon labe macho militia while drinking Red Bull in between Facebook status updates.
So you mean in your scenario,US drones would be 'collateral damaging' the neighbors and their children but there would be no repercussions?

Gotcha.

You might try not engaging in topics you are ignorant about.

Old 10-25-2011, 05:30 PM
Sco

Quote:
So you mean in your scenario,US drones would be 'collateral damaging' the neighbors and their children but there would be no repercussions?

Gotcha.

You might try not engaging in topics you are ignorant about.
The cheap personal attack - a sure sign that your rhetoric suffers from a dramatic lack of intellect. Loosen the camo and put on another layer of tinfoil and you will feel better soon.

If you are so sure of your superior firepower and tactics, I suggest you try it out. Find as many police officers or national guard members as you can and start shooting, let me know how it turns out for you.

Old 10-25-2011, 05:36 PM

23,854 posts, read 24,091,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Today, modern governments have large professional military forces with advanced firearms, riot gear, tanks, helicopters, jets, chemical weapons, laser-guided missiles and nukes. The days when you could win a fight against them with a ragtag militia outfitted with a few semiautomatic (or even illegally tricked-out automatic) weapons are long gone.
Naivety rears its ugly head once again...

I have a one word argument that blows your perception out of the water: Afghanistan.

Old 10-25-2011, 05:37 PM

Quote:
The cheap personal attack - a sure sign that your rhetoric suffers from a dramatic lack of intellect. Loosen the camo and put on another layer of tinfoil and you will feel better soon.

If you are so sure of your superior firepower and tactics, I suggest you try it out. Find as many police officers or national guard members as you can and start shooting, let me know how it turns out for you.
Sorry pointing out your ignorant of a topic is not a personal attack.

It is amusing how little most know regarding guerilla warfare and that the guerillas win out most times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies