Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 10:59 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,097,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Then you're simply against women.
Killing = killing. Right, giving yourself a political label doesn't change the hypocrisy or desire to control.
If Im involved I should have some control, it takes two right???

I never said that I wanted to control anyone...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 11:00 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,959,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I though murder of babies is against the law.
You know, once someone is born and all support is trying to be removed by the "christian" and conservative movements.

Is someone forcing you to abort?
Didn't think so.

They don't force you to go through this crap for any other procedure.
Believe me, a woman knows she's pregnant if she's made a decision to abort. That's a really big duh.
I have agreed with you more often lately. Not here. Education is important to me, as well as making educated decisions. When you can hear the heartbeat, you should know that it's not just your life you're effecting anymore. Some people don't realize that. It's not just your body anymore. You are sharing it. It's nature. And at that point, you need to be held accountable for your own decisions. I would agree that there need to be concessions made in the case that it wasn't the mother's decision(rape). But for the most part, abortion is an evil that our laws allow irresponsible people to commit out of convenience. Practice education, teach education, and hold people responsible. If you are pro-choice, make it your mission to educate people on safe sex, or abstinence. Stop blaming the evils in the world on others, and start doing your part to fix it. Abortion is worse than the death penalty, as these are innocent lives, brought about mostly by irresponsible behavior. While I am against the death penalty, at least they have commited some kind of crime in the large majority of cases. No, screw that. Let's end both practices in civilized society.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:01 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,551,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
do you want to be second guessed on your decisions? women are not stupid we know what abortion is. viewing an ultra sound is a ploy to try to make women feel guilty about their choice. it is also an extra cost and unnecessary. you in favor of added health care cost for a test that is completely unnecessary?
Lots of people change their minds on elective surgery.

You can't get any similar procedure done without some similar diagnostic being done as due diligence.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:09 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Kim View Post
Lots of people change their minds on elective surgery.

You can't get any similar procedure done without some similar diagnostic being done as due diligence.
there is no other procedure "similar" before an abortion clinic do talk to the women about their choice and make sure it is something they want to do. most women don't have abortions without a great deal of thought.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:09 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,959,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
In my opinion while the anti-choice crowd obfuscates it being anti-choice comes down to holding at least one of 2 basic assumptions (in bold).

First.

Women are property. This is the kind of anti-choicer who insists on paternal consent to abortion even in cases of rape.

Second, and this is the one at play here.

Women are intellectually feeble. The only reason you would want to force a woman to see an ultrasound is because you don't think she is capable of deciding which information she needs to make a decision regarding her pregnancy on her own.
Disagree. Women are endowed with a responsibility that men could never even dream of. That is the creation of life. It makes them superior to men. it is an unbelievable responsibilty and I think that some of them regard it as a burden. The responsibilty factor needs to be taught to them by other women. It is as simple as this, as medieval as it sounds: Women alone have the ability to create life. They need a man in order to do so. Only pick your man when you are ready and willing to procreate, or practice unbelievably safe sex. It is a huge responsibilty to be a woman. Use it wisely.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
Disagree. Women are endowed with a responsibility that men could never even dream of. That is the creation of life. It makes them superior to men. it is an unbelievable responsibilty and I think that some of them regard it as a burden. The responsibilty factor needs to be taught to them by other women. It is as simple as this, as medieval as it sounds: Women alone have the ability to create life. They need a man in order to do so. Only pick your man when you are ready and willing to procreate, or practice unbelievably safe sex. It is a huge responsibilty to be a woman. Use it wisely.
Hey, well put!

Old 10-25-2011, 11:12 PM

Quote:
there is no other procedure "similar" before an abortion clinic do talk to the women about their choice and make sure it is something they want to do. most women don't have abortions without a great deal of thought.
Well, no, lots of them use it for birth control.

Why are you afraid if they think a little more?

Old 10-25-2011, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
I have agreed with you more often lately. Not here. Education is important to me, as well as making educated decisions. When you can hear the heartbeat, you should know that it's not just your life you're effecting anymore. Some people don't realize that. It's not just your body anymore. You are sharing it. It's nature. And at that point, you need to be held accountable for your own decisions. I would agree that there need to be concessions made in the case that it wasn't the mother's decision(rape). But for the most part, abortion is an evil that our laws allow irresponsible people to commit out of convenience. Practice education, teach education, and hold people responsible. If you are pro-choice, make it your mission to educate people on safe sex, or abstinence. Stop blaming the evils in the world on others, and start doing your part to fix it. Abortion is worse than the death penalty, as these are innocent lives, brought about mostly by irresponsible behavior. While I am against the death penalty, at least they have commited some kind of crime in the large majority of cases. No, screw that. Let's end both practices in civilized society.
education and birth control should be more widely available. birth control fails and a woman should not have to carry a child to term if she doesn't want to. we have regulations about when and what type of abortions are available. a beating heart does not make a viable baby. a young girl of 13 or 14 who thinks she is in love and gets carried away with her boy friend gets pregnant should not have to ruin her future and raise a baby she is not capable of either mentally or financially. we allow people to redeem themselves for all kinds of things why should sex be any different?

Old 10-25-2011, 11:15 PM

Quote:
education and birth control should be more widely available. birth control fails and a woman should not have to carry a child to term if she doesn't want to. we have regulations about when and what type of abortions are available. a beating heart does not make a viable baby. a young girl of 13 or 14 who thinks she is in love and gets carried away with her boy friend gets pregnant should not have to ruin her future and raise a baby she is not capable of either mentally or financially. we allow people to redeem themselves for all kinds of things why should sex be any different?
Seriously?

Where in the 57 states is ther not abundant birth control?

But you would cut it off at age 15?

Old 10-25-2011, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Kim View Post
Well, no, lots of them use it for birth control.

Why are you afraid if they think a little more?
I give them credit for already knowing their minds you do not. which just says you think women are stupid. as far as using it as BC you really want these women being moms?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies