Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2011, 08:49 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,832,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post

Do you know how many women have gotten away with murder in this country?
In some pregnancies, unfortunately problems can arise...... cord around the neck.... breach birth or even a still birth. There is something called a "destructive proceedure" that requires the unborn baby to be disected in the womb to allow it to be easily delivered out of the womb. this pic that you showed looks like such a proceedure and this is only carried out on babies that are already dead in the womb and can be life threatening to the mother.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 08:52 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,971,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecypher5413 View Post
Yes, thank God we have not yet regressed to back-alley coat-hangar abortions again because reason and sanity yet prevail.

My body, my life, my choice. Get over it and keep your nose out of my business.
damn right!

Old 10-27-2011, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Ultrasound viewing part of NC abortion law blocked - US news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

This was nothing but an attempt at state level to make getting a safe and LEGAL abortion even more difficult for women. I am so glad this judge took this stand.

I actually have no problem with the waiting period. I think a short waiting period is appropriate for all elective surgical procedures.

I have been so worried about these state restrictions which are just a subtle "back door" attempt to make abortions unattainable. I am very happy that there are some judges willing to do what's right.
Good post, I think some would prefer back alley abortions but then what if it was their child thinking of doing this? Coat hangers etc.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
damn right!
Absolutely and NO woman has a termination without a lot of soul searching.
If terminations became completely illegal they would still continue but the Rich would go get a Doctor who would do it for mega bucks while the poor would be pushed underground to back alley quacks with NO proper training or sanitary conditions ...... bad bad bad news for everyone concerned.
Why don't the pius morons go and worry about their own "sins"...... IDIOTS!

Old 10-27-2011, 08:58 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,474,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
In some pregnancies, unfortunately problems can arise...... cord around the neck.... breach birth or even a still birth. There is something called a "destructive proceedure" that requires the unborn baby to be disected in the womb to allow it to be easily delivered out of the womb. this pic that you showed looks like such a proceedure and this is only carried out on babies that are already dead in the womb and can be life threatening to the mother.

I know women who have Fuc*ked and just decided to kill their babies.

Do want pictures?

Please counsel girls at parties about condoms. Wrong answer.

It's about a family life. Duh.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
I know women who have Fuc*ked and just decided to kill their babies.

Do want pictures?

Please counsel girls at parties about condoms. Wrong answer.

It's about a family life. Duh.
Where do you live???????????
I have known girls who have had early stage terminations but have never known a girl to just decide to kill her baby. I am not saying that this does not happen but with proper control over terminations it would NOT have to happen............ Simple!

Old 10-27-2011, 09:03 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,233,135 times
Quote:
Good post, I think some would prefer back alley abortions but then what if it was their child thinking of doing this? Coat hangers etc.
Well, you know, their daughters would never find themselves in the difficult position of having an unplanned for (or non-viable) pregnancy.

It galls me that those who are the most vehemently opposed to SAFE and LEGAL abortions are the biggest cheerleaders for capital punishment, regardless of recent stories of individuals on death row who have been exonerated by DNA or other new evidence.

Do you suppose they care as much about the possibility of innocent people being put to death as they care about terminating a pregnancy in the early weeks? No, because it's a control issue - controlling a woman's right to choose.

Case in point - the people in the audience at the debate cheering when it was noted how many people have been put to death in Texas and Perry stating he loses no sleep over the possibility of killing an innocent person.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Absolutely and NO woman has a termination without a lot of soul searching.
If terminations became completely illegal they would still continue but the Rich would go get a Doctor who would do it for mega bucks while the poor would be pushed underground to back alley quacks with NO proper training or sanitary conditions ...... bad bad bad news for everyone concerned.
Why don't the pius morons go and worry about their own "sins"...... IDIOTS!
You're right there, the rich would quietly have it done hush hush.

The poor, they say, its their own fault, then complain about welfare and all the kids, stop the spending etc etc

How many pro-lifers out there have actually adopted one of these children that a mother chose to have and gave up for adoption, of course their are some foster parents good and bad.

Its a choice and its something no woman wants to think about, of course some husbands don't want anymore children either.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:20 PM

Quote:
You're right there, the rich would quietly have it done hush hush.

The poor, they say, its their own fault, then complain about welfare and all the kids, stop the spending etc etc

How many pro-lifers out there have actually adopted one of these children that a mother chose to have and gave up for adoption, of course their are some foster parents good and bad.

Its a choice and its something no woman wants to think about, of course some husbands don't want anymore children either.
Spot on !
If a spoilt little rich kid gets pregnant then the 'hush hush" abortion happens so fast that their feet don't hit the ground and it's NOT their little darlings fault... some bad man made them do it but they can do that and then tell their daughter ...... "Don't say a word"
The poorer girls are just Immoral or sluts according to the pius hypocrites on here and suddenly life becomes important.
The decision to terminate is every woman's right. God if a man could become pregnant.... abortions would be as common as herpes.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Well, you know, their daughters would never find themselves in the difficult position of having an unplanned for (or non-viable) pregnancy.

It galls me that those who are the most vehemently opposed to SAFE and LEGAL abortions are the biggest cheerleaders for capital punishment, regardless of recent stories of individuals on death row who have been exonerated by DNA or other new evidence.

Do you suppose they care as much about the possibility of innocent people being put to death as they care about terminating a pregnancy in the early weeks? No, because it's a control issue - controlling a woman's right to choose.

Case in point - the people in the audience at the debate cheering when it was noted how many people have been put to death in Texas and Perry stating he loses no sleep over the possibility of killing an innocent person.
Yep, I seen that, among other things going on, I need to look up the video of Boehner crying again, he's on a leash, what a sis
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies