Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 05:17 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Fake or it better be or he can kiss his career goodbye. Conservatives do not watch movies starring black actors. No matter how light they are.

And what planet did you just arrive from ????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davehalo View Post

Wealthy welfare is more insidious every minute of every day than any poor person's social welfare.

So let's eliminate both.

Old 10-27-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
Why does the 1% rob the middle and lower classes of what they own?
Theft is illegal. Have you called Obama and reported this theft? It's his job to enforce our laws.

Old 10-27-2011, 05:21 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
No. The government did that. Where you been the last 4 years? Fanny ring a bell? Freddie ring a bell? CRA ring a bell? The Fed ring a bell?
I just read this thing and with the perpetual ringing in my ears those bells are too much, but I was going to say that very thing to see if any progs here would answer yes. I bet none of them do, though.

Old 10-27-2011, 05:24 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,934,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Why do you care what the top 10% own?
Because, despite what you think, the economy is strongest when top-earners are taxed highest.

"We had very high top marginal tax rates in the '50s and '60s, upwards of 90 percent," New York University economics professor Edward Wolff told The Huffington Post. "And we had our highest growth of the post-war period, perhaps the whole century."

By contrast, he said, the presidency of George W. Bush, a time of low tax rates for the rich, was accompanied by underwhelming growth -- or no growth at all, during the years that the economy was in recession.
Historically, there's "essentially no correlation" between tax rates for the rich and economic growth, Wolff said. To argue that taxing the wealthy will necessarily damage the economy "is at best specious, at worst perverse."

Obama's Tax Hikes Expected To Have Little Impact On The Rich

Old 10-27-2011, 05:24 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I will have to change the deductable on my All Income from All Sources income tax from 90th percentile to the 98th percentile. Anyone making under about 250k pays no federal income tax. The rest pay all of the government's operating costs. They benefit the most so they pay the most.
I don't make anywhere near that amount but my income taxes won't go down any from previous years either.

Old 10-27-2011, 05:32 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:
Funny no one is going to believe this right wing stunt but keep trying though.
Isn;t it funny how facts (when from a conservative) are a stunt. But when a progressive calls the Tea Party members racists and terrorists (with no supporting facts)... it makes perfect sense.

One mans stunt is another mans truth, just as one mans trash is another mans treasure.

"The kids went and bought five beds worth of sleeping materials: pillows, blankets, sleeping bags, rain ponchos -- and then we bought a bunch of medical supplies." -- Megan Davidson, mom

Nothing like bringing your children into the mosh. 5x Sleeping bags, pillows, rain ponchos and mediacl supplies = a month of that healthcare. Just an observation.

Old 10-27-2011, 05:37 PM

4,156 posts, read 4,174,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsunegames View Post
Conservatives do it too. We are all just people who think we know something when in fact we're just a bunch of clueless maroons being fed bs so we'll fight each other rather than look behind the curtain. Divide the plebs and conquer.

Top 1% Doubled Income In Last 30 Years - CBO Report - YouTube
The problem is not the top 1%. The problem is the policy makers. If we take the power away from these policy makers, then all the problem (loop holes, etc) will be eliminated.

One thing I want to point out is in the last 20 years, something had happened in the history of this country. We have 2 Fed chairmen that do nothing expect running the printers at overtimes. It creates bubbles after bubbles. It forces everyone to be traders instead of investors. When there are more selling, then of course, their income goes up.

It doesn't make their networks change much.

If you buy and hold, you will get slaughter in this market.

Old 10-27-2011, 05:40 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:
Fake or it better be or he can kiss his career goodbye. Conservatives do not watch movies starring black actors. No matter how light they are.

Every black actor from Cosby to
Washington would beg to differ!

Old 10-27-2011, 05:47 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,691,376 times
Quote:
i think this is my new favorite troll
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies