Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 08:22 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,468,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You will never see Beck on television again. He likes his internet gig since he is the boss and can say anything he wants to say. Nobody above him to control what he does. Of course, people like you won't be seeing him because you have to pay $4.95 per month to watch him on your computer. Well you can get him for two weeks free and then have to start paying. See, he is so sure that one would like him so wall that after two weeks they would keep him and pay.

Do those places like MM, Think Prog, and Kos report about him or are they too cheap to pay to watch him?
True. I will not be seeing him. I can listen to him on the radio if I'm so inclined (which I do, on occaision) and I refuse to give a dime to support that man. Sorry, Roy. Nothing against you personally, but I seriously disagree with you on that guy.

And I don't know what MM, Think Progress or Kos report since I don't go to those places either. I'm interested more in the truth than in media organs that spout a single point of view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 08:23 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,475,708 times
Obama has put this forward because it hurts his free liberal gay boy lesbian agenda. He hates that most of America wants to hear from broadcasters who align with the morals of anyone who lives between New York and Los Angeles.

If Obama seeks to squelsh freedom of speech. He is a dictator. And he is.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:34 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,577,206 times
Quote:
Cable is involved, too.
I wonder if anyone is "Thinking" about this impacts people who have bundle packages that have their cable, Internet, and PHONE all together.

I know with my cable/Internet provider if there is an outage those who have their phone included lose service. That is the reason I don't have phone service through them.

What happens when someone is having a heart attack or some other type of emergency and their phone has been taken out of service on purpose?

The other thing is I haven't heard this mentioned or scrolled on the bottom of the TV screen.

Only heard about this twice now on City Data.

But nowhere else.

Is this information going to be broadcast several times prior to 11/9/11?

Last edited by seain dublin; 10-27-2011 at 08:38 PM.. Reason: change

Old 10-27-2011, 09:04 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,298,020 times
People are such conspiracy theorists, lol.

Old 10-28-2011, 04:57 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,468,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Obama has put this forward because it hurts his free liberal gay boy lesbian agenda. He hates that most of America wants to hear from broadcasters who align with the morals of anyone who lives between New York and Los Angeles.

If Obama seeks to squelsh freedom of speech. He is a dictator. And he is.
Another one who doesn't know the meaning of dictator. You guys have been screaming that we'd turn into North Korea for three years now and nothing has happened. When's Obama going to find that golden opportunity to suspend the constitution? I thought it was after 2008. Or was it 2010? Or was it when he passed Obamacare? Maybe after 2012? Oh, wait, he'll cancel those elections to make sure he can be a dictator, I forgot. Good, god people.

The older I get the more thankful I am for having a thinking brain that isn't subject to such conspiracy theorist crap.

Old 10-28-2011, 04:12 PM

7,084 posts, read 12,035,240 times
Quote:
I guess we didn't need to be able to use English in the late 1950s when I earned my MS degree. Back in those days we had to pass an English Proficiency test to get a BS degree. I don't know where they do anything like that these days.

I knew about The Blaze article and when it came out but preferred to just post it so someone like you could play the game. You see Beck announces things like this about the time they hit the Blaze. However, I can depend on people like you to report for me.
No Roy, failing to understand a simple sentence and stating you have a higher level of education then thought makes the fail worse. Even a 6 year old knows that if some one is 8 and reading at their level it is bad. Finding out the kid is actually 10 makes it worse.

I have doubts about your claims anyways as you claimed to be a teacher (as you state it, brainwasher) till quitting in disgust at 53 about kids behavior, oh wait you were laid off and started a business, but you don't know what's being taught in schools (but you are angry about it). When things make no sense, it's usually a lie.

What kind of game? Is that like #1 on this list?

Old 10-28-2011, 04:20 PM

712 posts, read 1,364,768 times
Quote:
If not get ready because on November 9 at 1:00 central or 2:00 eastern the government will be shutting down all radio, tv and even C-D for 3 1/2 minutes. This is part of a test to see what they can do and if it can work so well.

Can you think of any other times that the government has done something like this in the name of care of the people? I can think of several but it is so obvious that pure censorship is what Cass is aiming at, this time.
Won't affect me, I download my shows & movies. Wait, here it comes... LOL!

Old 10-28-2011, 04:26 PM

1,147 posts, read 908,065 times
Quote:
If not get ready because on November 9 at 1:00 central or 2:00 eastern the government will be shutting down all radio, tv and even C-D for 3 1/2 minutes. This is part of a test to see what they can do and if it can work so well.

Can you think of any other times that the government has done something like this in the name of care of the people? I can think of several but it is so obvious that pure censorship is what Cass is aiming at, this time.
You can call me a tinfoil hatter if you want to, but me thinks I'm going to invest in a ham radio.

EBS my arse. It doesn't hurt to take precautions.

Radio and TV I can understand, but shutting down the internet completely has no value for EBS. However it DOES prevent folks from organizing against the government if this OWS thing spirals out of control.

Old 10-28-2011, 04:34 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,969,904 times
It's obvious some here need to learn what agenda 21 is and what it entails. Stack em and rack em. Hi speed rail from one population center to the next and let the spotted owls roam the countryside. The experiment has already been done with public housing projects in major cities. Soon to be home to all if they ever get their way.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:39 PM

1,266 posts, read 3,218,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
It's obvious some here need to learn what agenda 21 is and what it entails. Stack em and rack em. Hi speed rail from one population center to the next and let the spotted owls roam the countryside. The experiment has already been done with public housing projects in major cities. Soon to be home to all if they ever get their way.
Somebody else who needs a reality check to start taking his meds again...

You DO know they're going to run HAARP during the same time period to continue to thin the herd, and that President Obama will be taking over the Internet with a 24/7 live feed of the spotted owls, too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies