Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2011, 12:31 AM

5,996 posts, read 7,064,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Slavery is no longer legal.....we corrected that.....just like we corrected the ban against abortion with Roe v Wade.
That's not even the correct analogy. Slavery was legal and was immoral. Murdering pre-born babies is legal and immoral. We corrected one, and hopefully we will see this horrific genocide for what it is and correct that too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 12:33 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,252,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
That's not even the correct analogy. Slavery was legal and was immoral. Murdering pre-born babies is legal and immoral. We corrected one, and hopefully we will see this horrific genocide for what it is and correct that too.

the funny thing about morals; your morals are not the morals of other people. What you believe to be "immoral" may not be to another person.

And they aren't pre-born babies. They are fetuses. Babies by definition are those who are BORN.

Old 10-27-2011, 12:35 AM

1,568 posts, read 1,546,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
the funny thing about morals; your morals are not the morals of other people. What you believe to be "immoral" may not be to another person.

And they aren't pre-born babies. They are fetuses. Babies by definition are those who are BORN.
That's a legalistic, not a moral interpretation.

Was slavery moral to some and immoral to others?

Was that a reason not to ban it?

Old 10-27-2011, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Kim View Post
That's a legalistic, not a moral interpretation.
funny that's what are laws are.
Quote:
Was slavery moral to some and immoral to others?
Yes and to this day, some white supremacists still think slavery should be allowed

Old 10-27-2011, 12:37 AM

1,568 posts, read 1,546,698 times
Quote:
funny that's what are laws are.

Yes and to this day, some white supremacists still think slavery should be allowed
So morality does not have to be concensus in order to be morality.

Old 10-27-2011, 12:37 AM

15,701 posts, read 16,975,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
What? You've never heard of the term ass man or breast man? How about mommy parts? maybe you'd have to be a guy to understand.

I'm sure, as a woman, you've discussed girth and length.

I suppose those are just things to talk about, they have nothing to do with reproduction?
You ovbiously know nothing about women.

I never wanted children.....that does not mean that I let myself go and dress unattractively.

Women do not dress well and stay fit just because they want to attract a mate so they can reproduce. That is the last thing on our minds.....believe me.

Old 10-27-2011, 12:43 AM

15,701 posts, read 16,975,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
There you go again...."pre-born babies"....I am hearing a nursery rhyme.

Old 10-27-2011, 12:45 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,362,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
You ovbiously know nothing about women.

I never wanted children.....that does not mean that I let myself go and dress unattractively.

Women do not dress well and stay fit just because they want to attract a mate so they can reproduce. That is the last thing on our minds.....believe me.
Then why would you stay fit? Why would men work out? You an make up all the excuses in the world but the simple fact is that you have a biological clock. You can tell yourself that clock doesn't exist but when it runs out you have no more value to the human species.

That's not me being an *******, that's me presenting very well known and documented facts. Evolutions requires promulgation and not doing so destroys the species. That would be something where you'd be the first in line for that title.... Millions of years life's evolution tells us otherwise.

I like all the mommy parts. But I understand why. It's not because I like an excess of cellulite (maybe), fat and bone in one part of the female body.

Life's Greatest Miracle - PBS

Old 10-27-2011, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Then why would you stay fit?
to stay healthy? Gee, staying fit affords you all types of benefits that doesn't include attracting men

less problems or ailments that plague those who are obese. No diabetes, no heart problems, no high blood pressure, no cholesterol problem, no premature arthritic conditions.

Exercise helps to keep you feeling young.

No excuses here; you're the one actively looking for excuses.

Old 10-27-2011, 12:54 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,362,744 times
Default Where do I send the education bill?

Quote:
to stay healthy? Gee, staying fit affords you all types of benefits that doesn't include attracting men

less problems or ailments that plague those who are obese. No diabetes, no heart problems, no high blood pressure, no cholesterol problem, no premature arthritic conditions.

Exercise helps to keep you feeling young.

No excuses here; you're the one actively looking for excuses.
Life's Greatest Miracle | NOVA | PBS Video

And just remember:

Quote:
Stromatolites are not only Earth's oldest of fossils, but are intriguing in that they are our singular visual portal (except for phylogenetic determination of conserved nucleic acid sequences and some subtle molecular fossils) into deep time on earth, the emergence of life, and the evolving of the beautiful forms of life of modern time. A small piece of stromatolites encodes biological activity perhaps spanning thousands of years. In broad terms, stromatolites are fossil evidence of the prokaryotic life that remains today, as it has always been, the preponderance of biomass in the biosphere. For those that subscribe to the theory of the living earth, it is the prokaryotes that maintain the homeostasis of the earth, rendering the biosphere habitable for all other life. They maintain and recycle the atomic ingredients of which proteins, the essence of life, are made, including oxygen, nitrogen and carbon. We humans are, in simple terms, bags of water filled with proteins and prokaryotic bacteria (the bacteria in your body outnumber the cells in your body about 10 to 1). We humans have descended from organisms that adapted to living in a prokaryotic world, and we humans retain (conserved in evolutionary terms) in our Eukaraotic mitochondria the cellular machinery to power our cells that we inherited (i.e., Endosymbiosis) from the prokaryotes of deep time on earth.
www.fossilmuseum.net/Tree_of_Life/Stromatolites.htm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies